PDA

View Full Version : Fat loss during rest week?

Gilles1975
06-20-2008, 04:23 AM
I have been away from lifting for 3 months because at first I went on a cut, but then I decided to cut out weight lifting and the protein supplements completely and focus just on fat loss, you may be surprised to hear this but without doing any weight training for 12 weeks I have only lost about 3 pounds of muscle and over 20 pounds of bodyfat - I know this because I took very precise measurements of my arms and thighs (which had absolutely no excess fat on them) and they have not shrunk at all, and yet my waistline has shrunk by 6 inches.
So I'm thinking, we all take a week off every few months. If during your bulk your have put on say 2 pounds of fat, would it not be a good idea to drastically reduce calories during your rest week and do a load of cardio to burn off as much of the gained fat as possible, because believe me, if you only do this for one week you can lose the 2 pounds of bodyfat and it will make no differece to muscle at all.
I guess what I'm saying is, shouldn't rest week be cut week? Sort of a mini-cut.

I'll certainly be doing this, if it works I'll let you know.

markdk86
06-20-2008, 04:49 AM
Not weight training to lose fat is a horrible idea. Weight training is the reason we hold onto muscle while cutting.

Gilles1975
06-20-2008, 05:20 AM
Not weight training to lose fat is a horrible idea. Weight training is the reason we hold onto muscle while cutting.

Read what I wrote. I didn't weight train while losing fat and I lost virtually no muscle, and that was over 12 weeks, so one week of cutting will not hurt your muscle gains.