PDA

View Full Version : Got Fantastic News In The BODPOD Today! (in part thnx to AtLarge)

Irish Pilot
06-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Well, as some of you know Ive been cutting for a few months now. It started probably about 6 months ago, but to be completely honest and fair to myself, I only really got my program and diet in check in the past few months. For the first couple of months I hit the gym a couple of times a week, and my diet was still pretty piss poor. I cut calories, sure...but I still cheated with sweets on occasion, didnt drink enough water, had a cheat day about once a week, etc.

I didnt take it serious.

After being on here and Bodybuilding.com almost daily since then, I cut the BS, nailed down my diet, tried a few different routines, and eradicated 99% of my food pleasures. Only the occasional Coke Zero, but no sweets, etc. I very rarely enjoy an alcoholic beverage. Its all protein, healthy fats, etc.

Anyway. Ill spare you all the technical BS in the reports and get to the interesting stuff (for me.)

::: I have lost a total of 28lbs (27.952)
::: Total Fat Mass Lost is 27.472lbs
::: Total Fat Free Mass Lost is .528lbs

I knew I had lost ~28lbs in the whole process via my scale at home, but I feared that I had lost lots of muscle, as I constantly read about muscle catabolism, methods of losing fat vs muscle etc. Needless to say I was astonished to find out that in all the weight Ive lost, only a little over half a pound of it was fat free mass! Fat free mass of course is defined on the sheet as "muscle, water, bone, and internal organs." so I would say that it must be about all muscle.

Ill also spare you the details of my training regime as it has changed every few weeks, but Im currently doing full body workouts every-other day, doing HIIT 5x weekly (20mins on lifting days, 30 on off days), and supplementing with Nitrean, Results, and Nitor. Ive only in the last week cycled off of Nitor and have started trying REDuction (just for something different.) but the shown stats are during a period that I used a bottle of Nitor. Not to sound like Im promoting, but obviously for cutting, AtLarge has been my major supplemental source. I cant say what the Results has done for me, but Im on the bandwagon and the stuff tastes just fantastic, and strawberry Nitrean is the best tasting protein Ive had (tried about 8 different ON flavors.) and obviously its a great mix.

Anyway, today is a great day for me. What Im most excited about is the fact that Im currently eating the cleanest I ever have, have a routine down that I love and gets me proper rest periods, and I already have a sweet-ass tan lol. Im excited to see what changes I can make over the next couple of weeks. I was thinking I would stop cutting in July, but I might just have to hold out for the ~8% bodyfat mark.

Holto
06-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Outstanding!

RedSpikeyThing
06-20-2008, 11:55 AM
That's incredible! Actually it's inspiring because I'd love to get my diet in check and make that kind of progress. Keep up the good work and good luck!

Batman
06-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Wow, that's excellent.. congrats!

What's your current BF% and if you don't mind, how much did the bodpod test run ya?

Guido
06-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Wow, that's excellent.. congrats!

What's your current BF% and if you don't mind, how much did the bodpod test run ya?Yeah, I was going to ask the same thing.

Ever try a dexa scan, too?

Irish Pilot
06-20-2008, 02:26 PM
My current is about 13-14%. Im down from about 23%. The BodPod is actually a free service at my gym-health center (Mayo Clinic DAHLC) so Im doing it about every 6 months. When I say my gym is a home away from home, I mean it. Free bodpod, free massages, free fitness assessment. 13in LCD Tv's on all cardio equipment. I absolutely love the place.

Here's a peek:

http://www.architecturalshowcase.com/2008/project.aspx?id=20

Mademan118
06-20-2008, 06:15 PM
What was your starting weight? What was your daily calorie intake and workout split?

Irish Pilot
06-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Im down from 198 to 170 (and my loss has stagnated at 170 for about 3 weeks :( ). My calorie intake has been 1700. Ive contemplated going down to 1500 to break my plateau, and Ive contemplated going up to 2000 to break it. Im thinking I cut too many calories too fast and that I need to go back up to 2k to "reset"....maybe even 2200+ for a week to jump my metabolism some. Who knows.

Im at work so I dont have the paperwork on me, but the BodPod reports show your estimated Mx cals, etc. so I need to look at that closely...maybe go back to exactly 500 below Mx.

EDIT: FWIW Ive dropped to 1500 this week to see what happens. If it doesnt get me below 170lbs, Ill go up to ~2k or more. If anyone has any suggestions...