PDA

View Full Version : New Dead Lift PR

The Bran Man
06-20-2008, 07:04 PM
I previous PR was 365 and that's sandbagin it at my weight, anyways I tried 405 last week at the end of a workout and missed it. Today 405 flew up then I got 455! I was feeling tuff and tried 500 but had to drop it back down after only a few inches. Anyways it feels great! I thought I'd share!

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1950723#post1950723

jbrin0tk
06-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Way to go, man!

Jaybird88
06-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Big grats, dude! Huge progress!

killxswitch
06-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Wow. To go from 365 to missing 405 to hitting 455 is pretty amazing. Were you just tired when you missed 405? Congrats, that must be awesome to increase your 1rm by 90 lbs.

fatass
06-20-2008, 10:09 PM
awesome... next time have a buddy record it on a cell phone and post it up so we could all see

The Bran Man
06-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Wow. To go from 365 to missing 405 to hitting 455 is pretty amazing. Were you just tired when you missed 405? Congrats, that must be awesome to increase your 1rm by 90 lbs.

I tired 405 after a full back workout, today I went it and started doing triples & singles instead of sets of 5. It mad a huge difference, 500 will be coming next back workout..

Fa Sho

john bernor
06-21-2008, 01:02 AM
awesome job,,congrats and God bless

in His grip forever
john

youngguns
06-21-2008, 08:59 AM
nice lifting! good luck on the 5 bills next workout, from the way it sounds, you'll get it.

HP666
06-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey man, I just want to say something, and this is not meant to be a dick, just some constructive criticism. I always raise an eyebrow when I see a young guy with a 455 DL and only a 315 squat. So I looked over your training in your journal you have here.
You are doing a ton of back work, a lot of back work, yet on "leg" day you are really not doing much. You're doing 5-6 sets of squats, then some leg extensions, other then that, nothing else. If you are going to improve your squat you need to do a whole lot more work than that. Good Mornings, Romanian DL, Stiff legged DL, Glute Ham raises, 45 degree extensions, Lunges, Front Squats, Pull Through's, etc. And there is no ab work or core work at all, which is essential to improving your squat. Maybe you don't care, but you posted this in the PL forum so I assume you are trying to get stronger. And something else to remember, you may like deadlifting. but if you work your squat, the bigger it gets, the bigger your deadlift will get. Just my $ .02.

I forgot to add, if you have access to a Reverse Hyper then by all means you have to use it.

The Bran Man
06-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Hey man, I just want to say something, and this is not meant to be a dick, just some constructive criticism. I always raise an eyebrow when I see a young guy with a 455 DL and only a 315 squat. So I looked over your training in your journal you have here.
You are doing a ton of back work, a lot of back work, yet on "leg" day you are really not doing much. You're doing 5-6 sets of squats, then some leg extensions, other then that, nothing else. If you are going to improve your squat you need to do a whole lot more work than that. Good Mornings, Romanian DL, Stiff legged DL, Glute Ham raises, 45 degree extensions, Lunges, Front Squats, Pull Through's, etc. And there is no ab work or core work at all, which is essential to improving your squat. Maybe you don't care, but you posted this in the PL forum so I assume you are trying to get stronger. And something else to remember, you may like deadlifting. but if you work your squat, the bigger it gets, the bigger your deadlift will get. Just my $ .02.

I forgot to add, if you have access to a Reverse Hyper then by all means you have to use it.

Thanks for the advice bro, I added a little leg volume today but am still learning to find the strength to lift legs hard.