PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, is this wrong to do? Cardio and muscle.....

intensity
03-23-2002, 08:35 PM
I'm currently bulking, but unlike last time I bulked, where I did zero cardio at all, this time I decided to throw in 1 day of cardio for 30 minutes at a time, just once every other week. Why? Mainly just to keep some type of stamina and if possible, slightly help reduce any excess bulking up fat. I've been doing this cardio first thing in the morning on a pretty much empty stomach. About 30 mins before I start I only drink a protein shake mixed with water (15 grams of whey) and 5 grams of l-glutamine.

So I'm wondering now, even though this is a very small amount of cardio, could doing it (especially first thing in the morning like I mentioned) be having any negative effect on muscle gains?

Thanks in advance.

mesmall
03-23-2002, 08:37 PM
short and simple ....no

syntekz
03-23-2002, 08:54 PM
nah. I would keep doing it.

Need to keep your heart strong.

coolslug
03-24-2002, 08:20 AM
I really can't see how just 30 minutes of cardio, twice a month is going to benifit you much. Why wouldn't you do it at least once a week?

intensity
03-24-2002, 10:01 AM
coolslug, like I said, I don't really do it to lose fat or cut up or anything. Since I'm bulking, and since I lose weight very easily, I just wanted to throw it in just so that when bulking is over and I will start to cut up and do more cardio, it won't be like it's my first time jogging in months.

coolslug
03-24-2002, 10:12 AM
I still don't think thirty minutes will have any negative effect on muscle gains even if you do it once a week rather that just twice a month. I do see more positive effect on stamina and heart though.

Maybe someone can reply with reasons why such a small amount of cardio would have a negative effect on your bulking goals but I don't know of any.