PDA

View Full Version : one movement per day?

samj
06-22-2008, 06:09 AM
:confused:would it be beneficial to do say

mon: deadlift
tue: bench
wed: pullup
thur: squat
fri:push press
sat: tbar row
sun: rack pul
mon:bench
tue: pullup
wed:squat
thur: push press
fri: platform dead

etcetc or would this fry your CNS?
you would only be in the gym 30mins and you would hit that movement hard

HP666
06-22-2008, 07:13 AM
NO! NO! and NO!

Auburn
06-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Google Dan John's One-Lift-A-Day program.

Hazerboy
06-22-2008, 02:44 PM
I warm up and stretch every time I lift, and I think that would really suck up my time If I did a routine like this. Plus, you also have to take into account driving to the gym and back each time, which would also suck up your time. Lets say it takes 15 minutes to warm up/cool down (plus get dressed out and whatever) each time you lift, and its a 10 minute one way drive to the gym. Before you've even picked up a weight, thats a 35 minute commitment your making to lifting, every day.

As far as if its gonna fry your CNS, maybe, maybe not. I remember reading this article by some russian guy on here who said that eastern bloc powerlifters trained a movement 6 days a week, they would just vary the intensity. somedays they would come in and it would be a real easy day, just to get the muscles moving, others they would hit it hard, etc.

I skimmed dan's article and it looked sensible. By the way, this is the same dan john thats wrote the great article on overhead squats.

KingJustin
06-22-2008, 03:35 PM
If you stuck to the basics (bench/squat/deadlift/pull-up/row/clean/snatch/jerk/OHP) and just did 1/day using some kind of undulating periodization program, AND THEN added in GPP/crossfit style metcons 3-4x/w, I think it would be an effective program at both increasing your strength in a wide range of movements, greatly improving your cardio, and providing a stimulus for hypertrophy...

motoko013
06-22-2008, 05:14 PM
i think most people shy away from daily workouts because it doesn't fit in their week time-wise, it would take up too much time needed for work/family/school/ect.

samj
06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
i will start this then and maybe start a journal i work right next to the gym so its convenient for me how come hp666 said no?

HP666
06-23-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't like the time factor and I think you need to rest in there, even if your doing less work per day. But I guess it depends what your goals are.