PDA

View Full Version : problem with boards and pin presses...

thewicked
06-22-2008, 09:48 PM
why the hell do I always seem to misgroove my bench off boards or pins when I do them? It never fails I come down TOO deep and always have to bring it back on the way up to press. Doesn't happen any other time cept on pins or boards! I'm getting better at it...but does anyone else have this problem?

Eric Downey
06-23-2008, 10:30 PM
use a higher brd to work the grove then drop it or each set.

Darracq
06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
I always touch low and press back over my face, i am just stronger that way and its natural.

Travis Bell
06-24-2008, 03:07 PM
whom ever is holding the boards might be holding them too close to your face so you're not able to see where you're placing them

thewicked
06-26-2008, 11:11 AM
speaking of which.. damn 2brd was LAYED on my chest without my knowing it because I was focusing on the press with 430 and it slid off and hit me in the face on the way up.. didn't stop pressing though..kinda threw off my chi in the end it seems.

drew
06-26-2008, 12:28 PM
You have to try to keep the same exact pattern with the boards as you do with a full ROM. Try having a training partner call your bar placement (higher, lower, etc). Or drop to 135 or so and have a training partner guide the bar to where it needs to be. Work on it until you can hit the same spot every time.

Also, make sure you're turning your elbows in HARD from the very start, before you even take the bar. Make sure you're benching with your elbows and not shoulders. Sometimes the board makes it easy to just drop the bar down and rotate your shoulders up without bending the elbows much at all.