PDA

View Full Version : Glutamine question

gregnb
03-24-2002, 06:44 AM
I just currently purchased Prolabs glutamine product, and I have a couple questions. First off, I do cardio first thing in the morning on my off days with some glutamine before I head out so It isn't too catabolic, but since I also do resistance training I'm wondering what would be a good time to take them on days I do lift weights? And should I take another serving of glutamine on my cardio day?

powerkid
03-24-2002, 07:13 AM
Dude, Take glutamine everyday, esp. after a intense lift, min of 5grams. the Kid

The Calvinator
03-24-2002, 09:16 AM
What worked best for me is that i took a spoonful in the morning. Definetly always take Glutamine after you workout. And i used to take it at night too. Powerkid is right, take a minimum of 5 grams each serving. If you want it to really kick in to gear, you need to take at least 10 grams a day, not more than 20 grams so your body does not become dependent on it. And yes, you do need to take it everyday, it is expensive, but it really F'n works!!

Maki Riddington
03-24-2002, 02:06 PM
How does your body become dependant on it. That's like saying your body becomes dependant on protein shakes.

The Calvinator
03-24-2002, 02:22 PM
Good question Maki... I dont know why I said dependant... It must have been one of those hippies i worked with over the summer telling me that, but I do also know that if you take too much Glutamine you might accumulate too much ammonia in your blood stream. But, that is only for people who have problems with things like weakened kidneys or problems with there liver. Sorry for the confusion all.

Maki Riddington
03-24-2002, 02:47 PM
No worries.