PDA

View Full Version : Having all 3 Macronutrients in 1 meal?

Mademan118
06-26-2008, 03:39 AM
Is there really a big deal about eating p/c/f in the same meal?

For instance:

1 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Tin Tuna
1/2 Cup Rice

or

1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1 Scoop On
1 TBSP Olive Oil?

I've heard to specifically eat P+C or P+F in meal, but not sure how valid this is, especially during a cut.

Comments?

WillKuenzel
06-26-2008, 05:04 AM
It's not a big deal. It might become a big deal later (sub 6% maybe) but I've yet to see anything definitive that says you can't/shouldn't combine all of them in a meal.

cinnamonbuns
06-26-2008, 06:19 AM
i always thought that carbs and fats are best to be separated?

WillKuenzel
06-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Like I said, I've not seen anything reliably definitive to convince me that it matters. What I have seen just tells me that it's negligible. If it makes you feel better than, yeah, that works, but I'm not going out of my way to separate the two and I'm doing just fine. It might become more important when you get into contest (bodybuilding) shape but otherwise it can just be a pain in the ass.

Isaac Wilkins
06-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I've found the P+F/P+C seperation to be more of a governer than anything else. When people are forced to seperate them out it takes a lot of questionable food choices out of the equation and helps enforce dietary compliance.

Given gastric emptying times, etc, I don't know as though I see it really being that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.

As Wilma said, once you start getting down to ~6% all of the little things really come into play, so it could have a bit of bearing there.

Mademan118
06-26-2008, 03:23 PM
HomeYield and Borris:

Thanks for your advice! As Homeyield said, it was pretty much a pain in the ass to have to try and separate everything, especially with Olive Oil (as I like adding it to my tuna and shakes which are earlier in the day). Dietary compliance isn't really an issue for me, getting all the food that I need to eat (I forget to eat) is.

Once again,

Thanks!