PDA

View Full Version : What should be my target calories?

jay24k
06-26-2008, 10:52 AM
I've been eating quite a bit and I'm trying to lose weight. I've lost almost 60 pounds now but am having some issues. I found that I was eating way too little as I wasn't very informed. (eating only 1500 calories a day). I upped my calories and I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks but for the next 3 weeks, I haven't seen any loss. I do feel better and I think that does count but I should be seeing a better loss imo.

Currently, I'm eating around 2400 calories a day trying to fit in around 200 at minimum of protein. When I did this those 5 pounds flew off and I'm stuck again. Do I need to eat more?

I'm tracking on fit day and according to their site, basal is 2182, lifestyle is 1359, so my maintenance is 3400 roughly. That seems really really high. Other sites suggest 3100 so I felt 2400 to 2600 is fine.

My current weight is 220. I'd like to get to about 205. I'm 6-3.

My routine consists of

Monday,Wed,Sun - HIIT run for 20 minutes. I push myself so hard in intervals that I lose about 1.5 pounds of sweat and it is tough.
Tues,Thurs,Frid - I do upper/lower/upper as reccommended by Body for Life.
Saturday is my bad day and I limit myself to 1 to 2 cheat meals - not a whole day.

I have cut out all fried foods and only eat wheat, turkey, tuna, fish, and lean proteins.

Should I eat more? I feel pretty full but I don't know if my body is in starvation mode or what. Do I need to do cardio 6 days a week? That's what I used to do but noticed no change but that was when I was eating only 1500 calories.

I've seen some very nice gains in muscle strength but I don't know if it is possible to put on muscle and lose the same in weight week in and week out.

Thanks in advance for any advice.