PDA

View Full Version : What time should I stop eating and what's bad about sodium?

Rski2289
06-27-2008, 12:30 AM
I am 19 years old, weighing 125 lbs. hoping to gain weight. I am trying to gain a nice set of abs and arms and I think nutrition has always been my biggest problem. While living at home during the summer, my health food choices are limited. Everything we have has lots of sodium and I've been curious as to what is so bad about it! I always get very hungry at night and have a bad habit of eating the midnight snack. What time should I have as a cut-off?

Also, I run just about every other day for a half hour to an hour. If I'm really trying to gain weight, is this a bad idea?

Thanks!

renfrizo
06-27-2008, 01:39 AM
The running is always good cardio...but at 125lbs? I wouldn't run anywhere except to the fridge...I do my best to not eat after 7 or so...check out the lean dessert protein BSN has. Tastes incredible and will starve you over through the night no problem. Or a scoop of peanut butter and milk works too...and cheaper ;)

VikingWarlord
06-27-2008, 04:51 AM
It makes no difference when you stop eating, more what you eat. If you're going to eat before bed, cottage cheese or something that will stay in your stomach for a while. I do more or less an IF right now where I get all my food in between noon and 8pm

Don't run that much if you're trying to gain weight unless that's your sport of choice. Some cardio is a good thing, helps keep the heart healthy, but too much is pointless on a bulk.