PDA

View Full Version : Quick Equipment Question

Jaybird88
06-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Elitefts is having a pretty nice sale this weekend if you haven't heard. I had originally planned on buying a Metal Pro Squatter(now $255, down from $265) as I have never used a suit or shirt of any kind and I've heard its a good suit to learn on. However, the the price of a Metal Ace Pro Squatter(now $235, down from $295) has dropped drastically. What I want to know is this:

Is a Ace Pro too difficult of a first suit to justify missing this sale and sticking with the now more expensive Pro Squatter?

I know there are quite a few variables here so I don't expect an exact answer. Rather, maybe some of you more experienced folks can enlighten me. Much appreciated.

drew
06-27-2008, 01:51 PM
I use the Metal Pro, it's my first real suit (I've used the Inzer Z-suit and I didn't enjoy it) and I found it very easy to figure out.

Your best bet is to call Elite and talk to them there. They'll help you get the right suit for you without talking you into something that won't work just to make more money.

WillNoble
06-27-2008, 02:06 PM
The pro will be ALOT easier to learn than the Ace... I have both and the difference between the two is very noticeable. The Pro is a great all around suit and I think you will be much happier with it

Ben Moore
06-27-2008, 02:37 PM
I'd go with the Pro as well - may have to grab the briefs as well this weekend.

Jaybird88
06-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Ok, thanks for the input guys. I kind of figured that would be the consensus, but I wanted to make sure. Now I just need to contact Elite for sizing advice. Thanks again, folks!

Chris Rodgers
06-27-2008, 03:39 PM
I'd say if you got the Ace one size big and learned to use it you'd be fine. Once you get real good you can put briefs underneath it and have a nasty combo.

Either way you will get a great suit and you'll notice a big difference. :thumbup:

jtteg_x
06-27-2008, 03:53 PM
i usually suggest learning single ply gear first time out. but in your situation, as CR mentioned, i would go with the ace and get a more forgiving size. it has adjustable straps too which is a big plus