PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Westside

OGROK
06-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Okay, so from reading this (http://www.elitefts.com/documents/russian_conjugate_system.htm), it seems that when using the conjugate method you have a main movement that is either DE or ME, a heavy (but non-maximal) supplementary movement that targets the prime movers, and two or three RE movements that work secondary/stabilizer muscles with higher reps.

So putting this together, for example, on a ME day I might get something like this:

ME Squat 1-3RM
Good Morning 3x3-5 (This would be the supplemental lift)
Glute Ham Raise 3x10-12 (RE lift)
Pull-Through 3x12-15 (another RE lift)

Now, if instead of doing a ME Squat I did a ME Good Morning or Deadlift that day, what would I want my main assistance move to be? SLDL? Some kind of squat instead?

My other question, is I see a lot of people saying stuff like "vary your grip on the DE bench and your depth on the DE squat)", but if I did that, wouldn't I need to use seperate weights for each form? For example, 50% of my wide grip bench is closer to 65 or even 75% of my close grip bench.

Eric Downey
06-28-2008, 06:47 PM
When changing grips on the bench yes you'll use different weights. The weights you'll be able to do closer grip or higher squat should be different.

Detard
06-29-2008, 12:09 AM
If I do ME deadlift i'll usually supplemet with rackpulls or platform deads or front squats. It's really up to you though