PDA

View Full Version : Johnnie Jackson

chris mason
06-29-2008, 04:58 PM
I saw he was going to try a 900 lbs deadlift at a USPF meet today. I was wondering if anyone knows how he did? I read he got his opener in the bench and then missed on 2 subsequent attempts. No word on his dead and the "live feed" a bodybuilding site was hosting doesn't seem to be working.

Chris

BFGUITAR
06-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Funny you should mention him Chris, I was reading up about him just last night. Man what an inspiration. World class strength with world class bodybuilding features. This is truly a slap in the face to fat PLers :P

Travis Bell
06-29-2008, 07:51 PM
not sure how its a slap in the face to fat powerlifters???

Looks like he missed 821 at the top. His left foot seems to turn out and he might have pulled his hammie a little

http://www.muscletime.com/news/latest/johnnie-jackson-deadlift-and-bench-press-powerlifting/

chris mason
06-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Yep, what is that about a slap in the face? Johnnie is a very strong guy and he is lean. There are a lot of powerlifters that can be described in the same way. There are bigger powerlifters who can lift a lot more than Johnnie.

Anyway, thanks for the link Travis. I saw Johnnie pull in Florida a few years back and he pulled over 800 lbs at that meet. The man is strong. Like I said on PLWatch, cool to have Ed Coan there to help him out.

Chris

BFGUITAR
06-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Basically saying you can be leaner and still lift a lot of weight.

Lones Green
06-30-2008, 03:27 AM
that guy looks like the real life hulk

Beast Genetics
07-01-2008, 03:02 PM
I have much respect for any bodybuilder that stays true to the raw core strenght methods and just doesnt wanna look strong but be strong as well.

RhodeHouse
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Basically saying you can be leaner and still lift a lot of weight.

Really? You're a putz with a comment like that. The optimal BF range for strength athletes is somewhere between 15-18%.

If I took as many drugs as a bodybuilder, I'd look like a bodybuilder. I wish I could afford all those wonderful supplements.

HP666
07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Strange, I was just sitting here minding my own business when my pipe cleaner radar went off???:scratch:

BFGUITAR
07-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Really? You're a putz with a comment like that. The optimal BF range for strength athletes is somewhere between 15-18%.

If I took as many drugs as a bodybuilder, I'd look like a bodybuilder. I wish I could afford all those wonderful supplements.

I think when he competes hes around there. He had a bit of a belly there.