PDA

View Full Version : Replacing rackpulls with deads from platform?

BFGUITAR
06-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Well I am coming to the next exercise in my cycle for Westside and wanted to know if it would be smart to change rackpulls to deads off platforms.

My weaknesses:
1) Lockouts
2) Utilizing my legs more (As byrd as mentioned)
3) Conventional deadlift (I have been doing sumo, time for a change)

Platform deads seem like a good idea, I have never done them. Rackpulls are nice, but I have done them before.

What do you guys think? My lower ME cycle is as follows

1) Box squat
2) Platform deads OR rackpulls
3) Squat
4) Deadlift

I think the more deadlifting I do the better personally...

Lones Green
06-30-2008, 03:25 AM
im sure you could throw them in the mix every now and then...but if your weakness is your lockout, you need to work on that.

AJ_H
06-30-2008, 05:29 AM
i dont think so no, i've seen your lockouts on another vid, not that your lifts aren't ridiculously high or anything.

I'd say to do rackpulls on your DE days and full range deadlifts on your ME days. How's that? Your deadlift should soar if you work on those lockouts mate.

BFGUITAR
06-30-2008, 09:44 AM
i dont think so no, i've seen your lockouts on another vid, not that your lifts aren't ridiculously high or anything.

I'd say to do rackpulls on your DE days and full range deadlifts on your ME days. How's that? Your deadlift should soar if you work on those lockouts mate.

Do you mean replace boxsquats with rackpulls on DE days? Or just throw em in?

Jaybird88
06-30-2008, 04:33 PM

I do something similar to this, with Platform Pulls on my DE Lower day, and another heavy pulling movement every other Friday. It has done wonders for my pull.

Eric Downey
06-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Well I am coming to the next exercise in my cycle for Westside and wanted to know if it would be smart to change rackpulls to deads off platforms.

My weaknesses:
1) Lockouts
2) Utilizing my legs more (As byrd as mentioned)
3) Conventional deadlift (I have been doing sumo, time for a change)

Platform deads seem like a good idea, I have never done them. Rackpulls are nice, but I have done them before.

What do you guys think? My lower ME cycle is as follows

1) Box squat
2) Platform deads OR rackpulls
3) Squat
4) Deadlift

I think the more deadlifting I do the better personally...

AS FAR AS DEADLIFTING ALOT I HAVE TO GIVE YOU THE SAME ADVICE SGT ROCK GAVE ME. IF YOU HAVE LONG ARMS AND HAVE A SHORT PULL YOU CAN PULL MORE OFTEN THAN SOME ONE LIKE ME THAT CANT. I CAN ONLY PULL HEAVY EVERY 10 DAYS B/C OF THE STRESS ON MY LOWER BACK. WHERE AS SOME ONE LIKE HIM CAN PULL 3X A WEEK AND NEVER GET THE BACK PAIN THAT I HAVE. I LIKE TO PULL FROM ALL DIFFERNT HEIGHTS DEPENDING ON WHAT I DO ON MY SQUATING THAT WEEK OR DAY.

Eric Downey
06-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Sorry about the mendy caps guys.

thewicked
07-01-2008, 10:07 PM
ATTACK your weaknesses but don't neglect the other areas you can do work..

rack pulls
reverse band deads
good mornings
deads off a box
banded deads
bands for a max of 5 or max triple
max sumo deads
repeat..there's so many options out there there's no reason not to rotate your weight around and always be trying to do more work! I have trouble getting off the floor so I'm doing alot of banded stuff, box work, and work off plates..my lockout is ridiculous but nothing beyond 675 has left the floor without much problem yet.