PDA

View Full Version : water

shanu
06-30-2008, 02:39 AM
I read somewhere that a 40 year old female bodybuilder (she wasn't that muscular) who looked FAntastic, skin body etc drank 4 - 5 gallons of water a day.
I drink about 2 litres.
What is best? Can you drink too much?

Notorious
06-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Drink at least a gallon a day, which is like 4 liters. You can drink too much, but only if you do something stupid like have a gallon chugging contest or something. 4-5 gallons spread throughout the day probably won't hurt (just get enough sodium in your diet), but it won't really help either.

NewGuy2008
06-30-2008, 06:41 PM
yea u can drink too much water. its when you have so much water that it dilutes your sodium levels and throws your electrolyte balance out of whack and you die. but u have to drink a lot of water, like 3 or 4 gallons, in a very short amount of time, like a half an hour.

thewicked
07-01-2008, 10:18 PM
she'd die if she drank that much.. drink about 2 gals a day for the average size person MAX. You can drown yourself without ever being in actual water. Too much throws off your sodium/potassium pump and throw you into a world of nuerological ****!

bjohnso
07-02-2008, 10:04 AM
she'd die if she drank that much.. drink about 2 gals a day for the average size person MAX. You can drown yourself without ever being in actual water. Too much throws off your sodium/potassium pump and throw you into a world of nuerological ****!

I don't know if she'd die if she was smart about it, but - damn, 5 gallons a day? Holy freeking God. I can't see anyone outside of an athlete running 100mile marathon in the Sahara desert needing to drink that much in a day. I used to drink 8-9 liters a day (more than 2 gallons, totally unnecessary for me) and have since switched to drinking 1 gallon or a little over. I've noticed no negative effects on my performance, plus I am pissing a lot less.

And, like thewicked said: You can die from drinking water too much water too fast. I don't think she would die if she drank 5 gallons evenly over the course of the day, but she's probably up all night pissing. Someone once told me that the reason the pros drink 5gal a day is to get their bodies used to excreting that much, so that when it came time to prepare for a contest they would cut back to like 1gal a day, and there organs would draw water away from there skin and make it paper-thin. I don't know if that's true or not, so take it with a grain of salt.

smokinHawk
07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
i cant drink more then a gallon a day and peeing every 1/2 hour