PDA

View Full Version : Anyone willing to help?

Totality
03-24-2002, 02:55 PM
Before I go into detail - is anybody willing to help me? I'm looking to build muscle mass, am a beginner to the gym etc, and hoped somebody could help with a training regime and diet for me?

All help appreciated:D

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2002, 03:40 PM
Everyone is willing.

Tell us exactly what you want and tell us everything about yourself. What colour Y-fronts?

where in Northern England?

Totality
03-24-2002, 03:44 PM
I'm from Teesside.

6 ft 6, 250lbs - not fat, but not muscular. Average build. Wanting to put muscle on my skinny arms, build my pecs, and at the same time lose a little off the stomach.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2002, 03:49 PM
Just down the road then i see :)

There's a guy on here called Hellrazor from middlesbro by the way.

Ok, tell us your routine and split and diet. All in full. (a task i know but it's worth it).

Maki Riddington
03-24-2002, 03:51 PM
Post away.

Totality
03-24-2002, 03:52 PM
Well like I said I'm a beginner - I only own a set of dumbells. Day off tomorrow so I'm joining a gym. For the past 2/3 weeks I've just been using the weights I own myself, and using one of those body toner things on my arms and chest.

Food wise I've been pretty good - trying to concentrate on protein (tuna since everyone on here recommends it) and less fat/carbs.

Total beginner. Maybe you could use me as a project - turn me into a success story :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2002, 03:55 PM
You need to find out the exercises and how to do them. This and sorting out a diet should be priority.

For now a balanced diet will do ya. Go to the diet archives and look for anthony's article on making a diet. It's great and will get you sorted in that aspect.

I don;t have an exercise directory at hand but someone will have.

I think you should learn form and the various exercises before you start an 'official' routine. This'll only take a week or two tho.

Totality
03-24-2002, 03:59 PM
So do you think I should just concentrate on bi/tri's and chest exercises?

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2002, 04:00 PM
*Smack*

No.

ALL major muscle groups should be your concern.

Learn presses.

learn rows.

learn squats especially.

Visit the site frequently and you'll catch on quick man.

Totality
03-24-2002, 04:02 PM
Thanks man. Appreciated. Any of the UK guys use ICQ or MSN to discuss things?

Jane
03-24-2002, 04:05 PM
http://users2.ev1.net/~yasso/gear/FAQ/ae.html

Here's a site with some exercises for you. Work all of your muscles, especially the large ones like your back and legs. Nutrition and diet is absolutely critical. As CD said, read the basic nutritional articles on this site that explain how to count up and divide your calories between protein/carbs/fat. Keep reading and learning and doing, results are sure to come!

Here's another useful site for calories/nutrition: http://www.fitday.com

Here's a FAQ that should help you out with common questions and to use as a reference if you read a word you dont understand on WBB:
http://www.trygve.com/mfw_faq.html

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2002, 04:06 PM
jumbo_schlong@hotmail.com

MSN messenger.

Totality
03-24-2002, 04:07 PM
Thanks, Jane :)

Jane
03-24-2002, 04:08 PM
No problem :thumbup: