PDA

View Full Version : New front relaxed picture

berfles
06-30-2008, 06:44 PM
I think I can finally see a difference in myself. Right now I weigh 170lbs, probably about 10 more than in the other picture. Maybe 15, I don't remember.

Anyway, I've been doing pretty good with gaining weight, gained another ~3.5ish last week. What do you think? I know I still stand crooked or something, my left pec and trap is all jacked up. I must have something out of whack somewhere.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/jfindon/comp3.gif

What do you think?

EDIT: Changed delay to 2.5 seconds on the .gif.

cphafner
06-30-2008, 06:45 PM
It looks like you've done very well, but you need to slow down that a bit. You can hardly see each photo

berfles
06-30-2008, 06:48 PM
It looks like you've done very well, but you need to slow down that a bit. You can hardly see each photo

Sorry, I'll fix it quick :)

CleverName
06-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Literally everything looks stronger and bigger, you monster!

cphafner
06-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry, I'll fix it quick :)

Much better on both the speed and results! Done great.

berfles
06-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks, you have no idea how much my self conscious ass needs to hear that. This is the first time I feel like I've actually seen a difference in myself from the front. My bench has gone up 50+lbs since late January and I'm actually gaining weight, things are starting to go well for me. Maybe now I can look in the mirror and remember this thread and that I really did make a change, and won't feel so down on myself.

Plus I just started deadlifting and squatting again. Had to stop deads because of a hernia scare and squats because of a hip injury at work.

berfles
06-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Just for fun, here is me a week after I started working out.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/jfindon/newvsbeg.gif

Invain
06-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Yeah I remember you posting pics when you first started. You've made some insane progress man, and that's not to mention the problems you've had gaining weight along the way.

motoko013
07-01-2008, 02:49 AM
great progress......lots of mass with little to no fat gain

ProLogic
07-01-2008, 02:53 AM
Damn I hope I blow up like you lol

Guido
07-01-2008, 07:39 AM
That's impressive progress, man. Good job. Keep doing whatever it is you're doing and now that you can deadlift and squat again you should really take off.

Steven001
07-01-2008, 08:57 AM
That's fantastic progress! Well done! How long has it taken you since you first started lifting?

berfles
07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah I remember you posting pics when you first started. You've made some insane progress man, and that's not to mention the problems you've had gaining weight along the way.

Thanks man. It's been a real bitch and I feel like garbage every night before bed from all the eating, plus I like virtually no food anymore, but I think it's worth it for the time being. I'm too stubborn to stop now.

great progress......lots of mass with little to no fat gain

I have some fat on my ab area when I sit, it actually kind of annoys me but I certainly won't cut, not until i get to where I'd like to be.

That's impressive progress, man. Good job. Keep doing whatever it is you're doing and now that you can deadlift and squat again you should really take off.

Thanks, hopefully you're right, although I just noticed today at work that now my left hip is bothering me instead of my right. It better not interfere with squats or I'm going to be completely enraged.

That's fantastic progress! Well done! How long has it taken you since you first started lifting?

In terms of actual time lifting without all the breaks I took in the beginning and when I trailed off, I'd say ~2 years. I only recently started getting serious when I joined here.

That reminds me, today is my first year anniversary here :)

schmitty199
07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
You have an outstanding physique, everything seems well proportioned and your build just looks good. Just keep doing what your doing and id guess you'll be looking completely jacked by 185.

berfles
07-01-2008, 12:54 PM
I hope I can get up to 185; I have a feeling my 5500-6000 calories a day might not be enough after a few more pounds. Then I'll have to try to find another calorie dense food to stick in, but I'm only going to worry about the present right now, and right now I'm gaining at a decent rate.

Thanks again guys, it's amazing what a group of "strangers" can do to your confidence, especially for someone with very little of it :D

Phenom
07-01-2008, 01:21 PM
5500-6000 cals/day??? Holy crap that's a fast metabolism you got there. I guess it's safe to assume you'll have no problems cutting. Good luck and nice progress.

berfles
07-01-2008, 01:29 PM
5500-6000 cals/day??? Holy crap that's a fast metabolism you got there. I guess it's safe to assume you'll have no problems cutting. Good luck and nice progress.

Nope, I sure won't. I actually can't wait to be able to cut, it'll be so damn easy for me.

killxswitch
07-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Wow you've really bulked up but stayed lean. Good job dude.

AJ Roberts
07-01-2008, 01:48 PM
You have made some big improvements, keep up the hard work!

Indifference
07-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Holy crap man. You look awesome. Amazing progress. Pretty sure I didnt see it asked, but what are your upper body lifts since I think I saw something about a leg injury?

fpr
07-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Damn bro, you look sick!

If you have some relatives/old classmates that haven't seen you in ages they're probably going to think "holy ****, he's juicin'"!

Great work, over how long a period did it take you to achieve this?

berfles
07-01-2008, 06:31 PM
I have been getting a lot of comments lately, one one of my old coaches saw me on Saturday and said "Wow, I used to coach you?" and then asked me what I did to get my size and made some other comments... One of my friends who has seen me from time to time made a comment as I was just standing there like "Jesus, you could seriously rip me apart". Plus at work my nickname is "Steroids" and everyone walks around with their shoulders up to their necks and whatnot... I still don't think I'm near big enough to warrant all that but I'll take what I can get.

The first set of pictures may be 5-7 months, I don't really know. The second picture where I just started lifting has probably been about 2 years of actual lifting, with only this past year being serious.

As for lifts, I'm not sure. My bench has been going up crazy and I usually suck at one rep maxes but last time I got 250. I should be good for at least 260-265 now, though my bench was always my weakest lift. When I joined here I maxed out at 190, and lately I've added 50+lbs since late January. So I'm not really that strong but I sure as hell am getting there. My bench is pretty much flying up as fast as my squats were. I'm shooting for 300lbs by the end of the year, I think I'm on track for that.

BFGUITAR
07-01-2008, 07:14 PM
For 5'10 at 170 your massive! Im a bit taller and 20 lbs heavier (if not more) and dont look nearly as big as you!

T FLEX
07-01-2008, 07:26 PM
So you're saying there is about 2 years difference between the "small" you and the new BIGGER you? :eek: Nice. I hope I look like that 18 months from now. :hello:

berfles
07-01-2008, 07:29 PM
So you're saying there is about 2 years difference between the "small" you and the new BIGGER you? :eek: Nice. I hope I look like that 18 months from now. :hello:

2 years actual lifting, yeah I'd say so. In the beginning I took a bunch of months off here and there so I don't count them.

biglift
07-01-2008, 07:41 PM
damn, ...berfles got genes!

JohnnyBrown
07-01-2008, 07:57 PM
That's a pretty insane transformation, must feel good to meet people you havent seen in two years lol

So you've been bulking for ~2 years with no cut correct? That's a long time to bulk without gaining fat, good job man.

berfles
07-01-2008, 07:59 PM
That's a pretty insane transformation, must feel good to meet people you havent seen in two years lol

So you've been bulking for ~2 years with no cut correct? That's a long time to bulk without gaining fat, good job man.

Yep, no cut at all. I can't afford to try cutting even for a week, I can easily drop 5lbs a week just not eating enough.

I actually felt like I was getting pudgy but after seeing my own pictures I see that isn't the case.

bjohnso
07-01-2008, 09:07 PM
You look great dude. Very lean, on 5000+ Cals a day no less.

berfles
07-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks. In the back of my mind I'm still thinking some how the camera tricked me and that I don't really look like that. It just doesn't seem to be what I see in the mirror.

Any guesses on body fat? I know you guys usually hate that question but I've never asked before and don't really have a clue what I am.

fpr
07-02-2008, 01:08 PM
hmmm... maybe 10-11% or so

Steven001
07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks. In the back of my mind I'm still thinking some how the camera tricked me and that I don't really look like that. It just doesn't seem to be what I see in the mirror.

Any guesses on body fat? I know you guys usually hate that question but I've never asked before and don't really have a clue what I am.

Maybe something to do with lighting? Whatever it is, you should be proud of yourself :)

L3THAL
07-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Wow dude, thats quite a difference. Good work.