PDA

View Full Version : Why are the russian training secrets so difficult to search in the internet??

TheSeeker
07-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Louie Simmons has based alot of his studies from Russian Scientists like Mel C. Siff, Vladimir Zatsiorsky, A.S. Prilepin, etc.

For some weird reason, the studies of these people are not exposed in the internet. It makes me wonder where the heck did Louie get all that information??? Everytime I search for Zatsiorsky's studies, the only thing that I see are suggestions to buy his book. :read: Why wouldn't they post stuff for free in the web like Louie does??? It's just ain't fair! :bang:

Ben Moore
07-02-2008, 06:28 AM
Why not just buy the book?

TheSeeker
07-02-2008, 06:36 AM

Lol. That's a great idea!... for someone who's not an unemployed 16 year-old student....

smokinHawk
07-02-2008, 06:43 AM
get a job, problem solved!

Eric Downey
07-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Lol. That's a great idea!... for someone who's not an unemployed 16 year-old student....

Watch your mouth boy or your help around here will be short lived. Elitets.com has the russian text boox pretty cheap.

<a href="http://www.elitefts.com/view/?sc=222">Russian Texts</a>

Also everything westside is based from or those text. You can start by reading the aryicals that louie has written and post on there web site for free. There are over 50 of the most several pages long.

http://westside-barbell.com/articles.htm

And here on the WBB home page are loads of stuff for you to read.

AJ Roberts
07-02-2008, 07:34 AM
The best place to start is Louie's article. The books are good and give you a lot of insight to the science behind much of what we do but it is important to remember that Louie has spent over 20 years tweaking his system and it is still evolving today.

Ben Moore
07-02-2008, 08:05 AM

I'm going to assume that your true demeanor here is hidden behind the internet, but please don't ask for help and react this way in the future.

AJ makes a great point in that the article tell you everything you need to know so far. At 16, you most likely wouldn't get much out of the science in the book

HP666
07-02-2008, 08:14 AM

get a job, problem solved!

Watch your mouth boy or your help around here will be short lived. Elitets.com has the russian text boox pretty cheap.

I'm with Hawk & EZ E here.

Dude, you're 16 years old, will learning all the Russian "secrets" really help you? Here's what I want you to do....

#1 - read this article:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/basement.htm
This is very important; especially if that's you in the picture.

#2 - Go out and get a job and unlatch off yer momma's titty.

#3 - buy this: http://bigfitness.com/olweset300lb.html
After you buy this, use it a lot, blood, sweat and tears. Eat right, gain strength. And when you need to buy more weight, well then maybe, maybe, you can think about reading about the Russian training secrets.

dbc3po
07-02-2008, 11:18 AM
book, articles, whatever the most important thing for any 16 yo is to get time under the bar and learn the fundamentals. Then in a few years look towards the science aspect. I read allot of the WSBB articles and it was almost 3 years before I put them to use. 3-4 years later Im just really learning how to tailor his teachings to my training. Dont take offense to me or anyone else we have all been at your point we are just trying to help you out.

glover7
07-02-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't think Seeker's response was meant to be rude; I think he was just explaining his situation in a lightheartedly sarcastic manner.

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't think Seeker's response was meant to be rude; I think he was just explaining his situation in a lightheartedly sarcastic manner.

yes but the people responding do not deserve the sarcasm, esp. from a 16 year old... they have earned that respect.

glover7
07-02-2008, 12:48 PM
First off, I should perhaps apologize for using the word "sarcasm," because it's a complete misnomer in this case. There's no demeaning attitude in Seeker's post; he's just kidding around.

Second, nobody who is new to this forum owes anyone respect. Respect is not earned merely by reputation or post count; it comes from being an inspirational figure to others. Just because Bush is president doesn't mean he's earned my respect.

HP666
07-02-2008, 12:58 PM
First off, I should perhaps apologize for using the word "sarcasm," because it's a complete misnomer in this case. There's no demeaning attitude in Seeker's post; he's just kidding around.

Are you sure about that? Are you his attorney? Or boyfriend maybe?

Second, nobody who is new to this forum owes anyone respect. Respect is not earned merely by reputation or post count; it comes from being an inspirational figure to others. Just because Bush is president doesn't mean he's earned my respect.

Oh really?? If you go to someone's house for the first time do you walk in without knocking? Not wipe your feet? Put your feet up on the furniture? Just get a beer without asking??? It's called respect and common courtesy.

glover7
07-02-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm not certain of my defense of Seeker, but it seems a lot more likely than the whole, "He's being disrespectful and sarcastic to a veteran member! Oh noes!!" And I don't appreciate your attempt to emasculate me by making me out to be gay. For your information, I am gay, but that doesn't give you the right to use my homosexuality as an implicit desultory remark.

Secondly, we don't intrude on other people's homes, but it's not due to "respect" or "common courtesy." Those situations are not at all analogous to this one.

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 01:29 PM

SO let me get this straight, you're saying that none of the many top athletes on this board deserve respect?

You sir are an idiot...

Chris has done a rediculously good job in bringing, without a doubt, some of the greatest talent in the strength sports world to this forum to help us rookies try and learn to be great.

Mike Wolfe, AJ Roberts, Ben Moore, Phil Harrington, Matt Rhodes, Vinnie Dizenzo, Curt Dennis, David Hoff, Travis Bell, Chris Rodgers, Joey Smith, Ryan Celli & Eric Downey amongst the many other champion lifters I have not listed, that use this board HAVE earned all of our respect, and if you're uncomfortable with that...then leave.

HP666
07-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm not certain of my defense of Seeker, but it seems a lot more likely than the whole, "He's being disrespectful and sarcastic to a veteran member! Oh noes!!" And I don't appreciate your attempt to emasculate me by making me out to be gay. For your information, I am gay, but that doesn't give you the right to use my homosexuality as an implicit desultory remark.

Secondly, we don't intrude on other people's homes, but it's not due to "respect" or "common courtesy." Those situations are not at all analogous to this one.

I wasn't trying to emasculate you at all; I thought maybe you two had a legitimate relationship. Not that I really care about your sexual preference, I'm heterosexual myself, but I think it's great if you're gay. Great for you. It's nice to see someone who isn't afraid to be themselves for a change; bravo! :clap:

I never said "intruding" in people's homes, like as in burglary, I meant if you were invited to someone's house for the first time, you wouldn't just walk in without knocking.

PriestCometh
07-02-2008, 01:41 PM
SO let me get this straight, you're saying that none of the many top athletes on this board deserve respect?

You sir are an idiot...

Chris has done a rediculously good job in bringing, without a doubt, some of the greatest talent in the strength sports world to this forum to help us rookies try and learn to be great.

Mike Wolfe, AJ Roberts, Ben Moore, Phil Harrington, Matt Rhodes, Vinnie Dizenzo, Curt Dennis, David Hoff, Travis Bell, Chris Rodgers, Joey Smith, Ryan Celli & Eric Downey amongst the many other champion lifters I have not listed, that use this board HAVE earned all of our respect, and if you're uncomfortable with that...then leave.

I am not on the list. WTF? :)

PriestCometh
07-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Just check out the articles on Louies site.

Free and great info.

RhodeHouse
07-02-2008, 01:49 PM

If you're new to this forum, you show the respect WE have earned. Not from you, but from years of busting OUR asses to get where we are. You and the little boy seeker are nothing in this game. Without help from guys that know what's up, you'll always be nothing in this game. So, show some respect, or get the F$%K off the forum. We won't miss you.

Clearly, daddy didn't beat you enough as a child. If you were in front of us you'd show respect, so don't be an internet punk.

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 01:50 PM
I am not on the list. WTF? :)

HAHAHA, yeah was trying to think up as many people as I could think of that use this board, and I knew I forgot a ton, because, well.... there are so many amazing athletes on this board... hahaha my bad

much love James...lol

Eric Downey
07-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Just the poeple tall enough to ride this ride were listed sorry. Hey James you gonna go to Europa?

PriestCometh
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Just the poeple tall enough to ride this ride were listed sorry. Hey James you gonna go to Europa?

I may be short but you are fugly. And you smell like old people and ass cream. lol

I am doing the USPF VENICE BEACH meet, the Olympia then WABDL worlds.
I am even thinking about dropping to 181 for the olympia and there is a good chance I will drop for WABDL worlds(if the arm holds up).

priestcometh@yahoo.com

PriestCometh
07-02-2008, 02:23 PM
HAHAHA, yeah was trying to think up as many people as I could think of that use this board, and I knew I forgot a ton, because, well.... there are so many amazing athletes on this board... hahaha my bad

much love James...lol

:fart:

Just messin around

PriestCometh
07-02-2008, 02:24 PM
If you're new to this forum, you show the respect WE have earned. Not from you, but from years of busting OUR asses to get where we are. You and the little boy seeker are nothing in this game. Without help from guys that know what's up, you'll always be nothing in this game. So, show some respect, or get the F$%K off the forum. We won't miss you.

Clearly, daddy didn't beat you enough as a child. If you were in front of us you'd show respect, so don't be an internet punk.

Damn thats twice I agree with you. :omg:

RhodeHouse
07-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Damn thats twice I agree with you. :omg:

Brilliant minds think alike, my friend. Plus, I'm a genius. I don't know if you knew that. Now you do.

glover7
07-02-2008, 03:02 PM

You sir are an idiot...

And you, "sir," are an egomaniacal moron. Can we go back to the initial statement that Seeker made? It was not disrespectful or demeaning in ANY FRIGGIN' WAY! You guys who are making such a big deal out of it have read way too far into it, and that's just plain ignorant.

As for the people who feel the need to bash me because of my "anti-super-athlete statements," screw off, and get some reading comprehension. Never did I say that I didn't respect the people who contribute constructively on these forums. I think there are a great many people on here who are apt role models and deserve respect. I do not, however, cater to the hypermasculine *******s who pompously demand respect from new people and claim to be gods. Those elitist neanderthals can suck my left nut. And, no, Rhodehouse, I would not show the people who have currently commented in this thread respect in person because they have done NOTHING to deserve it. No matter how you try to put it, inciting fear is not the same as instilling respect.

Ben Moore
07-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Wow, go to work for the day and look at all the fun you miss, haha.

HP666
07-02-2008, 03:08 PM
No matter how you try to put it, inciting fear is not the same as instilling respect.

Yes, but inciting fear is so much more fun. :evillaugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_cleaner

Notorious
07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
It was not disrespectful or demeaning in ANY FRIGGIN' WAY! You guys who are making such a big deal out of it have read way too far into it, and that's just plain ignorant.

Seriously, everyone just needs to chill.

Ben Moore
07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
And you, "sir," are an egomaniacal moron. Can we go back to the initial statement that Seeker made? It was not disrespectful or demeaning in ANY FRIGGIN' WAY! You guys who are making such a big deal out of it have read way too far into it, and that's just plain ignorant.

As for the people who feel the need to bash me because of my "anti-super-athlete statements," screw off, and get some reading comprehension. Never did I say that I didn't respect the people who contribute constructively on these forums. I think there are a great many people on here who are apt role models and deserve respect. I do not, however, cater to the hypermasculine *******s who pompously demand respect from new people and claim to be gods. Those elitist neanderthals can suck my left nut. And, no, Rhodehouse, I would not show the people who have currently commented in this thread respect in person because they have done NOTHING to deserve it. No matter how you try to put it, inciting fear is not the same as instilling respect.

It would seem to me with your low post count and that of this Seeker whom you are representing, you have come here merely to incite something. If that is the case, I urge you to leave and don't look back. If not, find something meaningful to post about and leave your little buddy to fight his own battles. Helping him is doing nothing for you.

As for the athletes on this board, they have all done things you can only dream of and have earned the respect of the members here. Your total disrespect tells me one of two things: 1. You are here just to start trouble and have no idea who any of these athletes are. or 2. You have gotten off on the wrong foot in defending a friend. Again - 1 - leave - 2 - apologize and move on.

glover7
07-02-2008, 03:16 PM
It would seem to me with your low post count and that of this Seeker whom you are representing, you have come here merely to incite something. If that is the case, I urge you to leave and don't look back. If not, find something meaningful to post about and leave your little buddy to fight his own battles. Helping him is doing nothing for you.

As for the athletes on this board, they have all done things you can only dream of and have earned the respect of the members here. Your total disrespect tells me one of two things: 1. You are here just to start trouble and have no idea who any of these athletes are. or 2. You have gotten off on the wrong foot in defending a friend. Again - 1 - leave - 2 - apologize and move on.

Okay, so post count apparently shows how far I've gone in life? You know NOTHING about me, and to presume that I haven't accomplished anything is, again, ignorant. While I didn't come here to instigate anything at all, I did notice that a new member, much like me a few months ago, came and asked a simple question. After he was attacked for having a sense of humor, I decided to step in. And, yes, perhaps it is my mistake for being an altruistic person. And to be perfectly honest, it doesn't matter what anybody thinks of me, but if I can possibly help one person learn the difference between bullying and being inspirational, I will do it at the cost of my "internet reputation." Take that as you will. I've not tried to incite a flame war, nor have I attacked the athletes on this board. I have simply taken up for a new member who was unfairly attacked.

Ben Moore
07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Well then tell us a little about your accomplishments instead of keeping this going. Throughout my post you picked the things you thought to be negative and have focused on that. Why not admit you set out on the wrong foot and let's hear about a new member here.

FWIW, I could give a **** less about post count. The attitudes shown by yourself and seeker are what started this whole deal. Be a man, swallow your pride, and back down.

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 03:33 PM

So Im an "egomaniacal moron" for showing respect to my betters...

hmm sounds really ego-driven to me you ****ing tard

Again, show some respect or leave...

However Rhodes did say it best
Clearly, daddy didn't beat you enough as a child

glover7
07-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Well then tell us a little about your accomplishments instead of keeping this going. Throughout my post you picked the things you thought to be negative and have focused on that. Why not admit you set out on the wrong foot and let's hear about a new member here.

FWIW, I could give a **** less about post count. The attitudes shown by yourself and seeker are what started this whole deal. Be a man, swallow your pride, and back down.

Nobody showed attitude! That's why this is so frustrating! Seeker did NOTHING wrong in his post. Go read it yourself. If you can honestly tell me that you think he was being disrespectful, then we've reached an intellectual impasse, and there's no point in pursuing it further.

As for my "pride," I'm not trying to be some kind of troll, but there was nothing positive in your post; it was merely one assumption about who I am stacked on top of another. I NEVER said that I didn't respect the athletes on this board. And the fact that you somehow tried to play their accomplishments against mine is not a rational issue to include in this whole discussion. Yes, there are several athletes who have achieved great things. And, I'm not going to lie, I do envy them. But that does not mean that the things that I've accomplished in life, which are of a far more academic leaning, are less important than theirs. Seriously, man, we all live and die on this planet. Nobody's any better than anyone else. I'm not being proud of anything at the moment, so there's no pride to swallow. I'm certainly not proud of having provoked a whole bunch of people in an argument surrounding my comments.

So while I do regret that all this drama had to follow something that should have been completely innocuous, I do not feel that I have done something wrong by defending Seeker.

glover7
07-02-2008, 03:36 PM
So Im an "egomaniacal moron" for showing respect to my betters...

hmm sounds really ego-driven to me you ****ing tard

Again, show some respect or leave...

However Rhodes did say it best

And obviously you weren't taught to show a little humanity and not use nomenclature regarding the mentally handicapped as an insult. Great work.

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 03:37 PM
unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 03:38 PM
seriously just go cry and cut your wrists... will probably be more productive for you

HP666
07-02-2008, 03:41 PM
And obviously you weren't taught to show a little humanity and not use nomenclature regarding the mentally handicapped as an insult. Great work.

Dude, in all seriousness, why are you here? Just stop posting and go away, and I'll even say please. Pretty please with sugar on top. Please go away and stop aggravating my friends, the people who I care about and respect. :angel:

Pretty nice for a Neanderthal if I so say so myself.

glover7
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
seriously just go cry and cut your wrists... will probably be more productive for you

And the sad lack of education in the world has just reared its ugly head. Seriously, I think that Ben and I are actually trying to have a productive discussion, so why don't you just bow out since you've lost any semblance of dignity and intelligence that you may have once shown.

HP666
07-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Dude, in all seriousness, why are you here? Just stop posting and go away, and I'll even say please. Pretty please with sugar on top. Please go away and stop aggravating my friends, the people who I care about and respect. :angel:

I'll repeat myself.

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 03:44 PM
who are you again?

you've been asked by multiple people to show some respect, then later to quit posting, and now just to leave...

You dont read really well do you?

glover7
07-02-2008, 03:46 PM

You know, I'm not trying to be impolite, disrespectful, or in any other way negative towards you when I say this, but I've only posted in this topic, and it would be quite easy to ignore me from here on out by not opening this particular thread.

glover7
07-02-2008, 03:49 PM
who are you again?

you've been asked by multiple people to show some respect, then later to quit posting, and now just to leave...

You dont read really well do you?

I've been asked to show respect to you and your socially inept ilk. And I have laboriously gone over the reasons why that's just not possible. I'd just like to point out that this is a public forum, so my leaving isn't anyone's prerogative but my own. Just for the record, an attempt at condescension doesn't really help when you've shown just how ignorant and socially intolerant you are.

HP666
07-02-2008, 03:49 PM

Bump

Ben Moore
07-02-2008, 03:51 PM

Haha

Ben Moore
07-02-2008, 03:54 PM
And the sad lack of education in the world has just reared its ugly head. Seriously, I think that Ben and I are actually trying to have a productive discussion, so why don't you just bow out since you've lost any semblance of dignity and intelligence that you may have once shown.

I can appreciate your attempt to align yourself with me, but the lack of respect you've show my peers is tough to ignore.

glover7
07-02-2008, 03:59 PM
I can appreciate your attempt to align yourself with me, but the lack of respect you've show my peers is tough to ignore.

Well, that's fine. Just keep in mind that the whole lack of respect issue is a two-way street. I haven't insulted the people who don't deserve to be insulted. The only peer of yours I can truly say I disrespect is WillNoble, and that's due to his blatantly inappropriate remarks. Come on, man. Even if he's your friend, you have to acknowledge that what he said was wrong on several levels. If that's all that's holding you back from closure in this discussion, then let's just leave it at that.

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 04:01 PM
The only peer of yours I can truly say I disrespect is WillNoble, and that's due to his blatantly inappropriate remarks.

awwww....now Im sad

what shall I ever do?

Ben Moore
07-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Will, you've taken it to a new level bud. I'm damn proud of ya

glover7
07-02-2008, 04:03 PM
awwww....now Im sad

what shall I ever do?

Wow, are you five or something? I would've thought that someone who's six years my senior would be a bit less juvenile.

Notorious
07-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Neither Seeker nor glover have shown any unprovoked disrespect in this thread. Seriously people, let it settle.

Ben Moore
07-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm done with it.

j8715
07-02-2008, 04:12 PM
vxz1@psu.edu

Zatsiorsky's email address. email him and ask him if he wouldn't mind supplying you with his life's work for free.

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm done with it.

I have been for a while...trolls are a waste of oxygen and time

Jonah
07-02-2008, 04:33 PM

Sweet! I found a line I like enough to use as a signature

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Rhodes has some of the best one liners thats for sure

Sensei
07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Second, nobody who is new to this forum owes anyone respect. Respect is not earned merely by reputation or post count; it comes from being an inspirational figure to others. Just because Bush is president doesn't mean he's earned my respect.Here's the crux of the issue as far as I'm concerned... People who are inexperienced and haven't done anything tend to say things like "You have to EARN respect" more frequently than those who have already earned it.... The pro-PLers and strongmen of the board have, through their experience, ALREADY earned a measure of respect. They don't have to be here answering newbie questions (sometimes the same questions repeatedly), but they do anyway.

If you come looking for a hand-out, you should be respectful. There is a thing called "propriety" that people just seem to understand less and less. While I, at times, hated my grandparents for their constant knitpicking at my manners, greetings, attitude, etc. they did teach me a lot about propriety.

"Propriety" for a PL forum populated by elite and pros, to me, means:
*Don't post advice that you "heard" - if you do, at least cite your source of info
*If you disagree, do so with at least a nod to the other's noteworthy experience and be clear why you disagree
*Limit your sarcasm and cynicism until people get to know you
*Do some research up front - don't just ask something that you could find pages & pages of info by doing a simple forum or google search
*Have well-thought out questions and give plenty of background information if what you're asking may require it

JMO.

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Here's the crux of the issue as far as I'm concerned... People who are inexperienced and haven't done anything tend to say things like "You have to EARN respect" more frequently than those who have already earned it.... The pro-PLers and strongmen of the board have, through their experience, ALREADY earned a measure of respect. They don't have to be here answering newbie questions (sometimes the same questions repeatedly), but they do anyway.

If you come looking for a hand-out, you should be respectful. There is a thing called "propriety" that people just seem to understand less and less. While I, at times, hated my grandparents for their constant knitpicking at my manners, greetings, attitude, etc. they did teach me a lot about propriety.

"Propriety" for a PL forum populated by elite and pros, to me, means:
*Don't post advice that you "heard" - if you do, at least cite your source of info
*If you disagree, do so with at least a nod to the other's noteworthy experience and be clear why you disagree
*Limit your sarcasm and cynicism until people get to know you
*Do some research up front - don't just ask something that you could find pages & pages of info by doing a simple forum or google search
*Have well-thought out questions and give plenty of background information if what you're asking may require it

JMO.

I am humbled by your response man...VERY nicely put.

Sensei
07-02-2008, 05:29 PM
It's not a private conversation - it was a couple of a-holes who didn't like that fact that Chris and Daniel make money selling supplements, so they tried to take them to task about advertising on the AtLarge Nutrition forums... again, "propriety".

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 05:29 PM
bravo

Ben Moore
07-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Well done sir

RhodeHouse
07-02-2008, 06:43 PM
glover7 - You like to use big words. I know what they mean, but it makes you sound like a jackass. Insulting us and using words that are on the SAT in a weightlifting forum shows us that you have a little bit of a complex. Maybe you're weak of body and feel that using big words makes you strong of mind.

Now, you've spent 3 pages insulting us and then trying to say that you haven't. You've insulted me, Will, Ben, and a few others by calling us cavemen and basically, stupid. Here's a hint for you - we're weightlifters. We're not rocket scientists. If we wanted to "sound" smart, we could type our responses to you with a thesaurus. We choose not to because we love lifting weights, not reading books. Which, goes back to the original post about the Russian Manuals. At 16, my little man, you guys need to be lifting for at least 10 years before you worry about reading anything. It has nothing to do with any of us being stupid or illiterate. It has to do with the fact that we are weightlifters, not book readers. There is not one book out there that will make you bigger or stronger. Only weights and steroids will do that.

Your complete lack of respect for accomplished lifters is sad and dispicable. You absolutely would not say any of this BS to anyone of us that you've insulted. Hide behind your keyboard, toughguy. Keep checking the internet for our names and our successes in competitions. Google our names and see what comes up. You have given us none of your accomplishments. You cry for respect, yet you show us none? We've been part of this board for a long time. You are new, yet you show no respect , and demand it from us?

Take this hint - noone has come to your defense in this matter. Not even you little queer friend Seeker. Everyone that you have insulted has come to each other's defense. We are a crew of like-minded lifters that have a burning desire to succeed at our chosen strength goal. You are a wart on the ass of our society. Be gone with you, small, weak little boy. Be gone. Save room on here for those men that wish to excel at lifting.

You are nobody. You should've been a blow job.

Jaybird88
07-02-2008, 06:59 PM
glover7 - You like to use big words. I know what they mean, but it makes you sound like a jackass. Insulting us and using words that are on the SAT in a weightlifting forum shows us that you have a little bit of a complex. Maybe you're weak of body and feel that using big words makes you strong of mind.

Now, you've spent 3 pages insulting us and then trying to say that you haven't. You've insulted me, Will, Ben, and a few others by calling us cavemen and basically, stupid. Here's a hint for you - we're weightlifters. We're not rocket scientists. If we wanted to "sound" smart, we could type our responses to you with a thesaurus. We choose not to because we love lifting weights, not reading books. Which, goes back to the original post about the Russian Manuals. At 16, my little man, you guys need to be lifting for at least 10 years before you worry about reading anything. It has nothing to do with any of us being stupid or illiterate. It has to do with the fact that we are weightlifters, not book readers. There is not one book out there that will make you bigger or stronger. Only weights and steroids will do that.

Your complete lack of respect for accomplished lifters is sad and dispicable. You absolutely would not say any of this BS to anyone of us that you've insulted. Hide behind your keyboard, toughguy. Keep checking the internet for our names and our successes in competitions. Google our names and see what comes up. You have given us none of your accomplishments. You cry for respect, yet you show us none? We've been part of this board for a long time. You are new, yet you show no respect , and demand it from us?

Take this hint - noone has come to your defense in this matter. Not even you little queer friend Seeker. Everyone that you have insulted has come to each other's defense. We are a crew of like-minded lifters that have a burning desire to succeed at our chosen strength goal. You are a wart on the ass of our society. Be gone with you, small, weak little boy. Be gone. Save room on here for those men that wish to excel at lifting.

My God....that was beautiful.

:bow:

glover7
07-02-2008, 07:28 PM

Wow, Rhode! Do you have a degree in psychoanalysis? Seriously? Because I use "big words" (would you care to point those out, by the way?), I'm an insecure weakling? How did I not see that?

And I didn't specifically insult you; I insulted the elitist *******s who post here. But I guess you qualify since you choose to group yourself among the insulted party. Oh, by the way, "queer" isn't exactly the most choice insult. You seem like an arrogant prick who can't stand not being "the man," so why don't you just go cry over your bruised and antiquated notions of masculinity. Big muscles = big man, huh? And you say I'm the one who's compensating? Riiiiiight. And, rest assured, douchebag, I would say these things to your face. I'm sure that all you're weightlifting and trash talking has contributed SO much to society. Seriously, I didn't feel like degrading myself just to insult you, but you really need to get over yourself.

Mike G
07-02-2008, 07:52 PM

You realize that you started this, right? Go back and read the first few posts. The fact that Seekers response was taken as being disrespectful was a dead issue, until you brought it back up with your first post. The rest of this thread has evolved from that, and the sentence in bold above. To make it really simple, when you come into a powerlifting forum and there are people who have done very impressive things in that arena, they deserve respect. Their accomplishments have earned them that right in this forum.

vdizenzo
07-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Sorry I'm late to the dance guys. I would sure love to see him say some of this crap to your faces, but we all know that would not happen. As a behavioralist I say we practice some extinction and just ignore glover. He clearly likes the attention, so this is just giving him what he wants.

TheSeeker
07-02-2008, 08:23 PM
vxz1@psu.edu

Zatsiorsky's email address. email him and ask him if he wouldn't mind supplying you with his life's work for free.

Thanks alot! That is by far my favorite post in this thread...

I apologize for the disrespect. I thought you guys would laugh...

Anyway, do you guys know Louie Simmons's e-mail address? He and Ed Coan are my biggest idols! Ed Coan is a master of Linnear Periodization and Louie believes that the conjugate periodization is much more superior than any other type of periodization out there... It would be interesting to see these legends get in an argument! lol.

Again, I am very sorry for the disrespect. If you guys don't like me, just ban me from this website. That's what they did to me in irronaddicts.com, clutchfitness.com, and cagedanimal.com. lol. If you ban me here, I would understand... After all, I'm the one who started this ****ty mess...

Anyway, I really need the expert's e-mail addresses. I have so many unanswered questions in strength training...

Jaybird88
07-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks alot! That is by far my favorite post in this thread...

I apologize for the disrespect. I thought you guys would laugh...

Anyway, do you guys know Louie Simmons's e-mail address? He and Ed Coan are my biggest idols! Ed Coan is a master of Linnear Periodization and Louie believes that the conjugate periodization is much more superior than any other type of periodization out there... It would be interesting to see these legends get in an argument! lol.

Again, I am very sorry for the disrespect. If you guys don't like me, just ban me from this website. That's what they did to me in irronaddicts.com, clutchfitness.com, and cagedanimal.com. lol. If you ban me here, I would understand... After all, I'm the one who started this ****ty mess...

Anyway, I really need the expert's e-mail addresses. I have so many unanswered questions in strength training...

Christ, why couldn't you have shown up oh, I don't know....3 pages ago before this cluster **** ensued...

And I'm not sure e-mailing them is the route I would take. Their theories and much, much more is laid out in MANY articles on loads of lifting sites, Westside Barbell's being a good example. I think you will learn much more if you will use your time looking for answers more than asking questions. Chances are, your question has been asked many times and answered even more. And if you CANNOT find it, then ask! Worst thing that could happen is you piss off numerous superpowers in the lifting world and ensure you get little help in your quest to progress!

TheSeeker
07-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Yo Jaybird88, your deadlift is looking awesome. Do you mind posting your workout log in my journal over here? http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=112602

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 10:30 PM
And, rest assured, douchebag, I would say these things to your face.

Id be willing to chip in on this kids airfare to go up and see Rhodes and Vinny...anyone else in?

Just promise me the results will be videotaped for the world to see

TheSeeker
07-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Id be willing to chip in on this kids airfare to go up and see Rhodes and Vinny...anyone else in?

I'm actually surprised he isn't banned. He's even a bigger troll than me when I got banned from clutchfitness.com. Thank God they gave me another chance...

WillNoble
07-02-2008, 10:35 PM
The big difference my friend, is you are actually showing RESPECT now.

Which is a much greater sign of intelligence and manhood on these boards.

TheSeeker
07-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Yo glover7, thanks for defending me. You sticked to your beliefs. I may not appreciate you disrespecting my idols but heck, you tried to defend me! Start fresh and find another forum. Clutchfitness.com, cagedanimal.net, etc.

Right now, your reputation is ruined in here...

TheSeeker
07-02-2008, 10:39 PM
The big difference my friend, is you are actually showing RESPECT now.

Which is a much greater sign of intelligence and manhood on these boards.

Only a fool like glover7 would argue in a forum. I did that so many times and I got banned! I may be right at times, but nobody gave a ****. All they cared about is to ban me. Why? Cause no bull**** is allowed in ay forums, and that's how it should be.

TheSeeker
07-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Can we go back to the original topic please? I need to know more about the russian secrets...

What about Smolov's routine?? http://www.ontariostrongman.ca/Resources/training/smolovsquatcycle.htm

I really wanna try it out but I never know any successful powerlifter in the world who actually tried it and made gains with it! I don't wanna be the only one...

Ben Moore
07-02-2008, 10:48 PM

Absolutely...:evillaugh:

bigmoney
07-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Honestly that Smolov routine looks like a death sentence.
I am really not sure what you mean by russian secrets? As opposed to American secrets? You should know by now that there are no secrets to weight lifting. Just squat, bench, deadlift heavy for the next 10 years. You will learn more secrets while there is a bar on your back than you would ever learn reading some translated russian template.

deeder
07-02-2008, 11:58 PM
I am really not sure what you mean by russian secrets? As opposed to American secrets? You should know by now that there are no secrets to weight lifting. Just squat, bench, deadlift heavy for the next 10 years. You will learn more secrets while there is a bar on your back than you would ever learn reading some translated russian template.

I didn't look at the link he posted... But, many people have had great success with Smolov (or atleast Smolov inspired) routines. High volume routines like Smolov are not suited to everyone, just like any other routine.

As for the original question... I can't believe no one said this --> They wouldn't be russian SECRETS if they were all over the internet! :ninja: Haha, kidding guys

Finally, to address the whole respect debate. I don't always agree with everything the big boys say but I've been trying to bite my tongue more because having them around definitely brings a lot to this site, and I know when I need help/guidance they will be there.

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 01:30 AM

If you ask Simmons to give you the books that influenced him to create his training system, he would never show a single American book to begin with.... When it comes to strength training researches, russians have the better stuff....

The reason why alot of people plateau is cause they squat, bench, and deadlift for the next ten years without modifying their routines....

Anyway, i think I've had enough. Can the moderators just lock this thread? I think I've had enough... I'll just settle with Louie's work. It's much less stressful AND it's guaranteed to work.

Fuzzy
07-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Yourt 16/.

GET A COACH.

Take it from me man, the LAST thing you need to do is think. Let a good coach do that for you/

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 04:50 AM
Yourt 16/.

GET A COACH.

Take it from me man, the LAST thing you need to do is think. Let a good coach do that for you/

Lol. That's actually a really good advice. If Louie Simmons is willing to go here in Oregon and have him use me as his guinea pig, I'd be the happiest man on earth!

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 04:51 AM
Yo Fuzzy, your quads are HUGE. Are those really yours?

Sensei
07-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Anyway, i think I've had enough. Can the moderators just lock this thread? I think I've had enough... ...THEN STOP POSTING IN THE THREAD.

RhodeHouse
07-03-2008, 07:00 AM
If you ask Simmons to give you the books that influenced him to create his training system, he would never show a single American book to begin with.... When it comes to strength training researches, russians have the better stuff....

The reason why alot of people plateau is cause they squat, bench, and deadlift for the next ten years without modifying their routines....

Anyway, i think I've had enough. Can the moderators just lock this thread? I think I've had enough... I'll just settle with Louie's work. It's much less stressful AND it's guaranteed to work.

Seriously, you haven't listened to a word anyone has said. Go away. You have all the answers that you need. If you ask advice and don't listen, we won't bother with you anymore. You are a drain. Go away little boy.

Fuzzy
07-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Seriously, you haven't listened to a word anyone has said. Go away. You have all the answers that you need. If you ask advice and don't listen, we won't bother with you anymore. You are a drain. Go away little boy.

Harsh, but true. You have absoloutely no idea what you are talking about. Whatever influences Mr Simmons is based on WHAT WORKS FOR HIS ATHLETES.

You think the Russians are gods? Try telling that to a dual Olympic gold medalist Bulgarian. He will scoff at you.

Once again, at this age we need to know some simple basics. Squat, Press, Pull, keep it heavy and eat.

RhodeHouse
07-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Harsh, but true. You have absoloutely no idea what you are talking about. Whatever influences Mr Simmons is based on WHAT WORKS FOR HIS ATHLETES.

You think the Russians are gods? Try telling that to a dual Olympic gold medalist Bulgarian. He will scoff at you.

Once again, at this age we need to know some simple basics. Squat, Press, Pull, keep it heavy and eat.

BINGO! You get it, and that's good to know.

Jeff Roark
07-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Seeker = glover.

Detard
07-03-2008, 09:03 AM
If they were readily available on the internet, they wouldnt be "secrets" anyways...

ACaslow
07-03-2008, 01:40 PM
I believe Louie gathered a lot of his information from various olympic strength coaches, I have a few books and the routines shown as examples are brutal to say the least.. I also however have some newer powerlifting related books from russian strength coaches i.e. Boris Ivanovich Sheiko and I. M. Feduleyev. The routines provided as examples differ completely from the olympmic routines. Also, the theory in training differs, not a lot in terms of volume and frequency but it does in terms of intensity and idea. By idea I mean the purpose of a lift. For example some of the strength coaches in the olympic lifting realm discuss using lifts to assist certain points of lifts, something louie simmons is big on. Russian coaches do not necessarily use this technique for their powerlifting. Everything for the most part is focused on full range of motion movements. If I am not mistaken Sheiko is perhaps the only Russian powerlifting coach who minimally has introduced partial movements to his athletes, but they are few on during cycles of training.

Olympic coaches, for example Medveyev who Louie frequently quotes was very big on the maximum effort rule or as they called it the maximal exertion day.. Sheiko and Feduleyev on the other hand believed and still train their athletes with repetition with sub max efforts.

Almost two completely different schools of thought. The best example of a training idea I can give is that of Vasili Alexeyev who was a russian hw olympic lifter, Medvedyev wrote that Vasili would actually on some weeks perform 3 maximum effort lifts per day 3 times a week. The example given was that he would snatch, hang clean and front squat for singles above 90% of his 1rm three different times a week. YIKES..........

Isaac Wilkins
07-03-2008, 02:25 PM
One of the big areas that has been regularly ignored by the Western training world but embraced by the Eastern world is on restoration techniques. Granted, some of their stuff is a little out there (mumai, or however it's spelled, anyone?), but there's a lot of high volume stuff from the old Alexeyev, Sheiko, etc writing/training.

Alexeyev was known for all kinds of restoration work such as water walking, etc.

As an athletic culture they had a much bigger focus on GPP than most of our athletes did/do (it's starting to change). Better GPP + Better Restoration = Higher work capacity/volume programs. That doesn't always translate to better results, but it's something to think about.

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 05:36 PM
FINALLY! SOME GOOD POSTING! Thank you ACaslow and Borris! Sheiko does alot of "greasing the groove" in his training cycles. Alexeyev is the greatest weightlifter of all time, he broke 80 world records in his prime. Borris did a great job of mentioning him. Alexeyev also had some unusual training methods like doing a clean and jerk in the river. Very unorthodox, but it works.

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Seeker = glover.

What does that supposed to mean?

jbrin0tk
07-03-2008, 05:57 PM
What does that supposed to mean?

I think he is saying that you two are the same person. I could be wrong, though.

Jeff Roark
07-03-2008, 06:03 PM
exactly what it says. You haven't been banned at other places for no reason. I suspect this board hasn't been trolled really hard and alot of these guys are new to these boards too. It will suprise me if you remain here long after they finally see what you are doing.

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I think he is saying that you two are the same person. I could be wrong, though.

Lol, that's just ridiculous. We don't have anything in common!

Jeff Roark
07-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Seeker = glover = trolls. One in the same.

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Can we please just lock this thread? Where are the mods? I just wanna knock off this crap.

Isaac Wilkins
07-03-2008, 06:11 PM
It's had some moments of good discussion, so I won't lock it yet. If it continues into ****slinging, then I will and people will be warned accordingly.

Sensei
07-03-2008, 07:07 PM
It's had some moments of good discussion, so I won't lock it yet. If it continues into ****slinging, then I will and people will be warned accordingly.
What good discussion? A mention of Simmons, Zatsiorsky, Medveyev, Alexeev, Sheiko, and a dozen people telling two people to F-off = good discussion? I guess if you think Seeker needs more people to tell him to shut the **** up and train, then yeah, good discussion - let it continue because he can't stop himself... Classic internet Asperger-syndrome.

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 07:14 PM
What good discussion? A mention of Simmons, Zatsiorsky, Medveyev, Alexeev, Sheiko, and a dozen people telling two people to F-off = good discussion? I guess if you think Seeker needs more people to tell him to shut the **** up and train, then yeah, good discussion - let it continue because he can't stop himself... Classic internet Asperger-syndrome.

You're one of the reasons why I want this thread (that I made!) to be locked. Please leave me alone. For the last time, I will stop posting in this thread...

Sensei
07-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I tried to be civil. It made no impression on you whatsoever.

vdizenzo
07-03-2008, 09:43 PM
So do you think the little egomaniac can hold to his word and not post in this thread again?

WillNoble
07-03-2008, 09:51 PM
doubtful...highly doubtful

chris mason
07-03-2008, 09:55 PM
TheSeeker,

Consider this a one-time warning. Post meaningfully and contribute to discussions without stirring up **** or you will be banned. I trust the members here who know who you are, but I am willing to give you one chance. If I am made aware you are continuing your antics you will be banned.

For everyone else, please feel free to continue this discussion. I think it is full of good information.

Chris

HP666
07-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Classic internet Asperger-syndrome.

HA!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!

My wife is a special Ed teacher and I thought I was the only NON teacher who knew what Aspergers was!!! Just funny that you mention it here of all places and in this thread....:D

WillNoble
07-03-2008, 10:00 PM
not gonna lie, had to wikipedia that one...hahaha

Fuzzy
07-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Aspergers is something incredible.

WillNoble
07-03-2008, 11:41 PM
indeed, but it is the most appropriate descriptor in this given situation

Mad Max
07-04-2008, 04:26 AM
I'd wager that many of the internet's fanatical forum posters have a touch of aspergers.

WillNoble
07-04-2008, 05:45 AM
its a very interesting subject, I had never heard of it, but Im glad I did. However I would definitely agree with you Max, makes perfect sense.

Fuzzy
07-04-2008, 06:48 AM
its a very interesting subject, I had never heard of it, but Im glad I did. However I would definitely agree with you Max, makes perfect sense.

One of the greatest things I will ever experience is befriending a boy with Asperger's syndrome. It is something really special and unique for each case.

He is incredibly fascinating and meticulous, he builds little machines for fun and is a mechanical genius.

The most amazing thing is watching how he adapts socially, people with Aspergers can't relate like we can, they are in essence a blank program without the inbuilt instincts most people have. I see how he tries to fit in, by copying our joking style... he never gets it quite right but by god he trys.

I could talk about it for ages, its something close to my heart. Usually I can not deal with people who have a mental disability, I simply do not have the patience or understanding. But this boy isn't disabled, I class autism as different simply because he is not limited, only different, and because of that he is a treasure.

Sensei
07-04-2008, 07:05 AM
I have close relatives and students with autism. It's not that I have no empathy for it. Just to be clear.

Fuzzy
07-04-2008, 07:18 AM
I have close relatives and students with autism. It's not that I have no empathy for it. Just to be clear.

No need to be clear. It was a fair comment... the kid I know will freak out if the top side of the hexagon shaped bolt isnt parallel to the ground.

vdizenzo
07-04-2008, 07:38 AM
I am a special education teacher and have worked with a student who had Asperger's. He was an absolute genius. He used to read off topic books in class and be able to answer teachers questions at the same time. It made the teachers crazy. Most of them were Ivy League educated and well traveled so to have this teenager who was brilliant beyond comparison drove them nuts. He used to assist me with spelling and grammar when I was writing papers for my Master's. He used to joke about how dumb I was and how he could not believe they let me be a teacher. Mind you I finished grad school with a 4.0. I used to laugh because compared to him I was a complete imbecile.

You might not meet someone with Asperger's, but you should all go out and help at your local Special Olympics. There is little more rewarding experience in the world. Many states even have powerlifting. I work with the CT Special Olympics meet every year.

Fuzzy
07-04-2008, 08:11 AM
I am a special education teacher and have worked with a student who had Asperger's. He was an absolute genius. He used to read off topic books in class and be able to answer teachers questions at the same time. It made the teachers crazy. Most of them were Ivy League educated and well traveled so to have this teenager who was brilliant beyond comparison drove them nuts. He used to assist me with spelling and grammar when I was writing papers for my Master's. He used to joke about how dumb I was and how he could not believe they let me be a teacher. Mind you I finished grad school with a 4.0. I used to laugh because compared to him I was a complete imbecile.

You might not meet someone with Asperger's, but you should all go out and help at your local Special Olympics. There is little more rewarding experience in the world. Many states even have powerlifting. I work with the CT Special Olympics meet every year.

That is really awesome!

How was he socially?

WillNoble
07-04-2008, 09:02 AM

Thats really awesome Vinny, I had no idea there was PL in the Special Olympics, I would definitely be interested in volunteering for that in my state.

Detard
07-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Back when I was in elementary school there was a guy who had asperger syndrom. He was 3 years older than all of us, but in the same grade as us (grade 6 through 8). The guy was definitely smart, but never really had any friends. We tried to get him to play sports with us after school but he just freaked out and tried to fight. It was pretty sad now that I think about it. No idea where he is now.

Sensei
07-04-2008, 03:17 PM
You might not meet someone with Asperger's, but you should all go out and help at your local Special Olympics. There is little more rewarding experience in the world. Many states even have powerlifting. I work with the CT Special Olympics meet every year.Totally agree with you - volunteering at the Special Olympics can be a life-changing event.