PDA

View Full Version : Days off?

gamodye
07-02-2008, 02:13 PM
i was looking at your workout routines, and almost ever other day, there is a rest day. i know why this is, but i was wondering what you guys do on those rest days, do you do other exercise, eat less/more?

i was just wondering

Ben Moore
07-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Typically I eat a little less than on training days. Sometimes I'll do some light cardio or GPP work or an extra accessory day. These days should be easy and not take a lot of thought or intensity.

gamodye
07-04-2008, 09:12 AM
ahh cool, i was just wondering, i normally spend them doing homework, or other work unfortunately

Travis Bell
07-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I actually eat more on my days off, but thats because its difficult for me to keep my weight on. I'll do some light stretching if I feel sore, ice joints that hurt or just plain rest

Eric Downey
07-04-2008, 10:03 AM
i rest and eat the same pretty much b/c im at work most of the time on my of days. some days i still run 2 miles in the morning. it something ive got use to now and its a good start to the day. currently my off days are mon wed fri sun. during the school year we train mon tues thurs sat.

Cricket_Fire
07-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I eat pretty well the same, but I'm trying to cut down right now, and do cardio on most off days

gamodye
07-09-2008, 09:24 AM
how big do your bellies get before you think that it is time to start a cut/ how big can you get before you start to look bad once you have lost the weight in a cut...?

also, how much should you decrease your calorie intake when you go from bulk to cut?

thanks

Cricket_Fire
07-09-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm 280lbs right now @ 18 years old. A lot of it is exess that I really don't need. I plan on dieting down enough that it doesn't effect my strength, so I can bulk back up over a longer period of time, without having to worry about getting too fat

Ben Moore
07-09-2008, 09:46 AM
I go until I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror, haha. I'm 275 in the mornings right now and will be cutting back to around 265 or so for the time being with a bigger cut ahead.

Tennessee Mike
07-09-2008, 10:21 AM
I eat a little more on off days.My schedule is ..

Mon-ME Bench
Tues-ME Deads
Wed-off
Thurs-Bench assistance
Fri-ME Squat
Sat-off
Sun-off

I honestly beleive in eating more on rest days.The assumption that you eat per your expenditure doesnt make sense to me.If Im powerlifting, I want to be full ALL the time.Always having a surplus of calories and protein for new muscle growth.Why leave anything to chance?We work too hard for this **** to eat just enough.

Ben Moore
07-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Biggest difference for me is I pack on weight very easily. I don't want to be 300lbs at 5'10". I tend to trim down the calories on the days I don't train.

vdizenzo
07-09-2008, 10:33 AM
I eat the same everyday with the exception of additional during and post workout shakes on training days. I have 50 grams of carbs and 15 grams of protein during training along with Leucine and 100 grams of carbs, 40 grams of protein, and leucine immediately after my workouts. I am a firm believer in nutrient timing which I was pleased to know Sam Byrd is also. He is a great example of a super strong dude with an impressive build.

I don't have off days anymore. I do one, a combination, or all of the following on non training days; cardio, gpp, and or an extra workout. I am taking ETS now and I think it is a great idea to assist the body in recovery. I am about to turn 39 and I plan on being in the best shape and conditioning in my powerlifting career by the time I am 40.

It's funny because I always felt less was better as far as training, now I have never felt that further from the truth (I still believe in less exercises, just more days more volume). With the proper sleep, nutrition, supplementation, and conditioning the human body can do amazing things.

richwilliams77
07-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Your right its all about what your doing along with backing it with proper diet and supplementation. I do gpp work twice a week on my off days and its do wonders for my deadlift. so you can train more frequently with out over doing it. Plus I use Maximus by Atlarge Nutrition and Results which fuels my workouts and optimal recovery.

sponsored by atlarge Nutrition

bigbadwolfe
07-09-2008, 08:37 PM
On my off days I'm a bum I literally do nothing but go to work and then rest. But on my training days it is usually balls to the walls all day long. As for eating I have my diet down to a T Monday through Friday. But come Saturday and Sunday we are always doing this and that and it gets pretty hectic some days to make sure I even eat just enuf let alone more then enuf.

Rest is a HUGE part of this and when it is time to rest be a BUM :)