PDA

View Full Version : Why 1-2 gallons of water? Question...

knicksfan20
07-02-2008, 07:10 PM
I try to drink a Gallon of water a day, not really sure why...i was just told to do it...so i dont ask questions.

Sometimes...i cant get a whole gallon in, and will get a half a gallon, maybe 3 quarters...

I mean...i guess i could suck it up and force myself to drink, but...i dunno.

This is probably answered somwhere in this forum...sorry for not really searching...

cphafner
07-02-2008, 07:18 PM
I'll search for you

http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=25659&highlight=water

biglift
07-02-2008, 07:19 PM
.... who told u to drink all that damn water...? its fine drinking all that water, but not necessary.

Fighter_15
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I drink about 1.5-2 gallons a day. Everyone tells me it's not necessary but I have been supplementing creatine and if I don't drink a lot of water it hurts my kidneys. Other than saving my kidneys I haven't noticed any benefits for drinking all that water. It's also annoying as hell having to pee every ten minutes lol.

knicksfan20
07-03-2008, 03:58 PM
K thanks for all the resposnes guys...

azma
07-07-2008, 02:47 AM
low water + high protein = kidney stones; water speeds metabolism; working out, using creatine, and consuming food all require water; water is healthy for your skin.

Your kidneys are thirsty...

thewicked
07-07-2008, 09:29 AM
water is the vital element to life..being an athlete requires the use of more water, higher protien intake requires more water intake, people in general are typically poorly hydrate. A good rule of thumb is to drink enough water that your urine has little odor and is mildly clear. Water in general helps the body operate and perform it's vital functions..hell ALL it's functions more efficiently.