PDA

View Full Version : Help with a clean diet

TJames
07-03-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm a big guy and I'm trying to just build lean muscle mass and take whatever fatloss that comes along with it. My diet typically consists of this:

Breakfast:
2 eggs, 1 slice whole wheat toast with natural PB, 1 glass of milk, and a piece of fruit.

snack:
protein shake with milk

lunch:
Usually an 8-10 oz chicken breast with brown rice and veggies, and milk.

snack:
Nuts, a piece of fruit, cheese and milk.

dinner:
same as lunch usually, with less rice and more veggies.

snack:
cottage cheese, with peanut butter and milk.

I know thats a lot of milk. I drink at least 1/2 gallon a day. I feel it's a good way to get my protein without taking too many supplements. I haven't been weighing myself, but I can tell I'm losing fat and I am getting stronger. Just wanted to know what you guys think. Is this enough food and protein, or should I add more?

TheGMan
07-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Dude to me that sounds pretty good, the only thing i would think is what milk is it as milk sometimes had a lot of fat in it, to get your protein uptake increased why not try a tin of tuna, loads of protein in that and zero fat!!

The other thing is be careful not to get board, i followed the same type of diet (without cheese and milk) and i got board really quickly so i had to alternate meat and chicken which can be expensive, the best diets for me are ones you can live with easily and you can swap and change.

Good luck with your goals dude!