PDA

View Full Version : Taking protein shakes/supplement, only when i need it?

TomBo
07-03-2008, 05:20 AM
Yo guys,

I'm 17 yrs of age, 176 lb and 5'9'.

MY protein intake is different for each day, some days little protein, some days alot of protein. All my protein comes from normal food. I do not take any protein shakes/supplements at this point.

I was wondering, should i take protein shakes on the days in which my protein intake is low? (as to "supplement" my protein intake)

BUT i don't go to the gym, I usually exercise through running, and push ups and bicep curls and i also play rugby.

Cheers.

TheGMan
07-03-2008, 06:53 AM
I would say yes keep your protein up as protein in the building blocks of muscle.

You dont need to go the the gym to work out, set yourself a routine, i do go to a gym but also have a set of dumbells, bar in the ceiling for pull ups etc and a few bench's so i can do tricep dips, for a quick workout you can always stay at home.

Type in you tube awesome chest workout, there is a guy on there with a baldy head who does some great things using only bodyweight!!

TomBo
07-03-2008, 06:55 AM
I would say yes keep your protein up as protein in the building blocks of muscle.

You dont need to go the the gym to work out, set yourself a routine, i do go to a gym but also have a set of dumbells, bar in the ceiling for pull ups etc and a few bench's so i can do tricep dips, for a quick workout you can always stay at home.

Type in you tube awesome chest workout, there is a guy on there with a baldy head who does some great things using only bodyweight!!

haha yeah, i know i've seen the guys vids . HE's very informative, and helpful.

His name is scooby, or something.

bjohnso
07-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I would say yes.