PDA

View Full Version : What are the things that I could change to make variations in a certain exercise?

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 08:17 PM
These are the things that I had in mind:

1. Foot/Hand placement. (e.g., Close grip barbell rows, wide stance squats)

2. Tempo. (e.g., Concentric squats, ballistic bench presses, pause squats)

3. Range of motion (e.g., Dimel Deadlifts, rack pulls, board presses)

4. The "angle." (e.g., Barbell rows with an underhand grip A.K.A. Dorian rows, Hammer curls as opposed to regular dumbbell curls with the twisting and untwisting motion. Inclined bench presses as opposed to regular bench presses.)

5. Accomodating resistance. (e.g., Adding bands and/or chains.)

Is there anything missing in the list?

Are there any of the above that are not valid?

Jeff Roark
07-03-2008, 08:23 PM
None of the above is valid and you should rotate it all MEfortly while simutaneously deloading for the maximal DEfort output with extreme reversal negative strength all done with a board helmet. This will definately help you supercompensate from the extreme negative accomodative dbl band load of load of posting 84 times in one single day asking for and giving extreme Russian Chingolian secret advices.

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 08:38 PM
None of the above is valid and you should rotate it all MEfortly while simutaneously deloading for the maximal DEfort output with extreme reversal negative strength all done with a board helmet. This will definately help you supercompensate from the extreme negative accomodative dbl band load of load of posting 84 times in one single day asking for and giving extreme Russian Chingolian secret advices.

It took me 3 minutes to stop laughing after reading your post. :)

Anyway, can we please get back to the original topic? I really need your "serious" opinions about this.

Szust
07-03-2008, 08:39 PM

That was the hardest thing to read.

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 09:54 PM
A little help here please?

jbrin0tk
07-03-2008, 10:05 PM

That, sir, is gold. Pure gold! :thumbup:

bigmoney
07-03-2008, 11:15 PM
My "serious" opinion?

Just focus on the squat, bench, deadlift, overhead, and row. You (including myself) can progress and get very very strong just adding weight to the bar over time on these basic lifts.

This guy does not use bands, chains, tempo, peak contractions and all that **** you mentioned. He just lifts heavy with the very BASIC of movements. Yet, he is one of the best lifters today. Interesting huh?

http://www.elitefts.com/images/PICTURES/wpo/matt4.jpg

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 11:25 PM
What's his name?

Invain
07-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Lift, eat, and get rest. Quit worrying about the stupid little details, you're only making things too complicated. Use lots of heavy compound movements and you'll grow. If you really want to get fancy try some speed days perhaps, but sometimes I really don't see the need in bands and boards and other crap very often. There's nothing wrong with changing things up once in a while and doing different excercises but don't overthink ****.

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Matt Kroczaleski

Thanks. There's a video of him doing dumbbell rows... If you look carefully on his 25th rep, you'll start to see who he really is... He's a ****ing beast!

TheSeeker
07-03-2008, 11:36 PM
My "serious" opinion?

Just focus on the squat, bench, deadlift, overhead, and row. You (including myself) can progress and get very very strong just adding weight to the bar over time on these basic lifts.

This guy does not use bands, chains, tempo, peak contractions and all that **** you mentioned. He just lifts heavy with the very BASIC of movements. Yet, he is one of the best lifters today. Interesting huh?

http://www.elitefts.com/images/PICTURES/wpo/matt4.jpg

Hmmmm, good point. Maybe I'll switch to Rippetoe's for a little while.

RhodeHouse
07-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Hmmmm, good point. Maybe I'll switch to Rippetoe's for a little while.

I'm supposed to be supportive of younger lifters. I'm supposed to try to help you out the way someone else helped me out. I'm supposed to remember what it was like when i was your age.

You have been given the answer 1000 times. SHUT THE F#$K UP AND TRAIN! Stop this bull$hit. I can't believe I'm going to ask this, but are you ******ed? Seriously? I'll feel better knowing that you are. It would explain alot.

Jeff Roark
07-05-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm supposed to be supportive of younger lifters. I'm supposed to try to help you out the way someone else helped me out. I'm supposed to remember what it was like when i was your age.

You have been given the answer 1000 times. SHUT THE F#$K UP AND TRAIN! Stop this bull$hit. I can't believe I'm going to ask this, but are you ******ed? Seriously? I'll feel better knowing that you are. It would explain alot.

Rhodehouse,

I gave him the secret up above! Encourage him to try it. If he needs a secret super soviet chinese tricep exercise I have one for him. Its the 2-board Skull Crusher with doubled monster bands with weight releasers for that strong plyometric rebound! Only the most advanced beginners can use this one.

WillNoble
07-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Only the most advanced beginners can use this one.

yeah thats what all the top Russian and Bulgarian beginners use

TheSeeker
07-05-2008, 09:52 PM
I forgot to mention these:

6. Center of gravity (e.g., front squats, back squats)

7. The "groove" (e.g., alot of powerlifters tend to change their groove in the bench press. i don't know anything about it but I think it can be a good variation. Guillotine bench presses, Anderson presses, JM presses and more...)

Sorry Rhodehouse.

oxo
07-06-2008, 09:16 AM
dude shut the f**k up