PDA

View Full Version : deloading?!

thewicked
07-03-2008, 09:22 PM
basically it comes down to my 1rm being high as hell compared to my endurance work.. my 1rm is right at 430-440 again but yesterday on a deload I coudln't hit 315 for more than 7 straight reps with a r/p set of 10 total. Is it because I haven't worked in that rep range in FOREVER? I've never done mroe than 6 reps on my pressing routines in awhile. I'm thinking add in a deload every 4 weeks or so..good or bad idea?

Travis Bell
07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Deloading every 3-4 weeks is a very very good idea. However, you might be going about it the wrong way. Pushing yourself to failure with 315 is still maximal effort Pick up some dumbbells and bench them for sets of 5 or 8, but not til failure. Deload needs to be light. I find reverse bands very helpful.

Some people have to force themselves to take a week off simply because they can't control themselves to NOT go to a max.

I'd recommend you deload next week and this time go lighter. Your body is telling you its tired.

Also, you need to take into effect the extremly high stress you've been through with job training, lack of sleep, maybe the diet has been off a little? Once recovery gets back in line, you'll do much better

thewicked
07-03-2008, 09:35 PM
yeah man... everyday has been 12 hours or more for the past week and a half, and my eating has been WAY off but i'm still eating. Been on a predominately liquid diet during the day...to help cut up to make 220's by september.

chris mason
07-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Deloading every 3-4 weeks is a very very good idea. However, you might be going about it the wrong way. Pushing yourself to failure with 315 is still maximal effort Pick up some dumbbells and bench them for sets of 5 or 8, but not til failure. Deload needs to be light. I find reverse bands very helpful.

Some people have to force themselves to take a week off simply because they can't control themselves to NOT go to a max.

I'd recommend you deload next week and this time go lighter. Your body is telling you its tired.

Also, you need to take into effect the extremly high stress you've been through with job training, lack of sleep, maybe the diet has been off a little? Once recovery gets back in line, you'll do much better

:hello:

I am the guy who has a HARD time not going balls to the wall.

Eric Downey
07-04-2008, 05:45 PM
We deload after meets for about a month. 8 to 10 reps. And more GPP stuff