PDA

View Full Version : too heavy each week?

roots
07-05-2008, 12:23 AM
is it a bad idea for me to keep doing heavy rack pulls and deadlifts every week? basically I have been doing this and noticing good gains, increasing the wait by 10-15 lbs per week for deads and racks. However, Im just wondering if im overtraining, or going to be. my deads are 405 right now, and rack pulls 450. thanks

Eric Downey
07-05-2008, 02:11 AM
if your progressing than no your not over training. every 6 weeks id say take a light week just to let the nervus system geta break

David_HoffWSBB
07-05-2008, 08:04 AM
yes bad idea you need to switch the excersise up, keep the body guessing then theres no limit to strength , if you keep doing the same excersice you will eventually platuea, one week do good mornings , the next pull off mats ,then star throwin chains and bands in get creative , safety squat bar will make u a man

jtteg_x
07-05-2008, 11:12 AM
using 25's instead of 45/100lb plates for extra ROM and stiff leg deads are also good exercises.

roots
07-05-2008, 04:39 PM
i was thinking of doing 2 weeks heavy deadlift 5RM, then the third week switch to heavy rack pulls 5Rm, then 4th week doing light deadlifts for higher reps. and then repeating the cycle. does this seem like a better plan?

Kiaran
07-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Yep. As was already stated, start mixing up the moves and giving certain pieces of the actual lift you are training a break. I did flat bench heavy for about 8 straight weeks and didn't switch it up because I kept getting 5 lb PRs every single week. My elbow finally said "**** you" to me and then my front delt and my RC also told me to "get ****ed". So now I don't get to bench for two weeks while I let them heal. Learned my lesson.

roots
07-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Yep. As was already stated, start mixing up the moves and giving certain pieces of the actual lift you are training a break. I did flat bench heavy for about 8 straight weeks and didn't switch it up because I kept getting 5 lb PRs every single week. My elbow finally said "**** you" to me and then my front delt and my RC also told me to "get ****ed". So now I don't get to bench for two weeks while I let them heal. Learned my lesson.

oh ok, thanks. actually, the exact same thing happened to me with my bench press, my rotator cuff was getting sore. i didnt want to change my exercises up because i was prgressing every week. i have been doing deadlifts for months, heavy every week consistently adding 10-15 lbs, until now that ive hit 405. i'm definitely going to switch it up before i get injured.

TheSeeker
07-05-2008, 10:25 PM
What you need is a list of exercises that you can switch every three weeks:

1. Zercher squats (varied)
2. Deadlifts (varied)
3. Squats ( varied)
4. Good mornings (varied)
5. Reverse hyperextensions (foot placement is varied)

The more variations you can come up with, the lesser your chances of plateauing. Good luck!