PDA

View Full Version : i hate missing weight in the gym

Eric Downey
07-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Today I missed a 2brd raw PR b/c I flared my elbows when I started pressing. Pissed b/c I didn't have time to try it again. I had to go to work were I set now bored out my mind. It was the last lift of the day. 515 off 2brds raw. I locked it out but needed help to start it. Does this bother anyone else like it does me.

Kiaran
07-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Definitely, bro. It's like losing a big game for me sometimes. Makes you start analyzing everything that went wrong and what you could have done different, blah blah blah. The truth is, just work it out of your mind, move on and start preparing for next time, you know? The only thing that makes it feel better is putting time and effort between today and your last miss.

Eric Downey
07-05-2008, 07:33 PM
oh ill be fine i was just bitchin.

AJ_H
07-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Yep, pretty embarassing too, especially when you've got to take all the weight off so you can put the bar back...

vdizenzo
07-06-2008, 07:03 PM
I hate missing weight. There are two specific times I remember missing weight (not to say I have only missed weight twice in the gym). One was doing a floor press, that was the only lift I had missed in 12 weeks prior to me hitting my 600 unequipped in competition. It taught me how important not missing is and to lift with my head. Then there was another time where I missed a monster unequipped board press pr 8 times, but somehow I knew I could get it. I nutted up and got it on the 9th try. This taught me sometimes you have to lift out of your mind. What did I learn from these incidents, instinctive training can be more important than any book or science. SFW!

Get it next time Eric!

Detard
07-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Dude I HATE missing a weight. Ruins the rest of my day pretty much. You'll get it next time man. 515 off a 2 board is HUGE!

Eric Downey
07-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I hate missing weight. There are two specific times I remember missing weight (not to say I have only missed weight twice in the gym). One was doing a floor press, that was the only lift I had missed in 12 weeks prior to me hitting my 600 unequipped in competition. It taught me how important not missing is and to lift with my head. Then there was another time where I missed a monster unequipped board press pr 8 times, but somehow I knew I could get it. I nutted up and got it on the 9th try. This taught me sometimes you have to lift out of your mind. What did I learn from these incidents, instinctive training can be more important than any book or science. SFW!

Get it next time Eric!

true ill guess ill stick this in my head. the meet is the 15th and 16th of aug. next weel is a big week were going for big weight this weekend

thewicked
07-07-2008, 09:12 AM
that's not a bad day..that's a GOOD day..because now your ass is motivated to jump all over it again next time! 515 off a 2brd is AWESOME! Never settle for second place.. rally the troops and assault it again the next go around. I GET PISSED when i miss a lift and go at it again just to prove to myself that I'm not scared..just weak..and that gets me even more fired up to do more work to bring it up. You might lose a lift..but you gain resolve.

jbrin0tk
07-07-2008, 12:54 PM

Get it next time Eric!

Very well said, Vinnie!

jackreape
07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey Eric!

Ben Moore
07-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey Eric!

I used to live near Southlake - went to school at Northwest actually. Are you originally from that area?

Eric Downey
07-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey Eric!

hey jack hows it going? hows the new job. must be nice to have everyone kissing your ass.

jackreape
07-10-2008, 09:36 AM
hey jack hows it going? hows the new job. must be nice to have everyone kissing your ass.

Eric,

If only it was so...you should see the mess of moving in...

Ben,

No just had chance to pick a place to live West of DFW airport and SLC was best in our opinion. Northwest is splitting next year in NW and Byron Nelson over near Trophy Club so we didn't wnt our HS daughter to go a new HS next year if we moved to Trophy Club.

Life is good in Texas.

See you guys at Europa. If next 10 days of training is good will do Europa as a tune up meet.

jack