PDA

View Full Version : The inventor of Plyometrics

TheSeeker
07-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Professor Yuri Verkhoshansky has a certain expertise in shock training. He's a true genius!

Here is his website: http://www.verkhoshansky.com/

FYI, my forum name "HumbleLearner."

Some of the professors in the forum even said that Louie's training system is actually not a form of conjugate periodization but rather a form of "block" system or something: http://www.verkhoshansky.com/Forum/tabid/84/forumid/15/threadid/802/threadpage/1/scope/posts/Default.aspx

For those of you who are trying to dunk a basketball, you may wanna consider reading some of Yuri's books. Keep in mind that he is the "INVENTOR OF PLYOMETRICS!!!"

AJ Roberts
07-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Some of the professors in the forum even said that Louie's training system is actually not a form of conjugate periodization but rather a form of "block" system or something: http://www.verkhoshansky.com/Forum/tabid/84/forumid/15/threadid/802/threadpage/1/scope/posts/Default.aspx

This has been discussed to death over the years. Louie's system is similar to a complex parallel method as described by Verkhoshansky in his early writings. Louie refers to his system as the Conjugate Periodization not conjugate-sequence system which is used by Verkhoshansky. I believe this was even explained to you on the site. Buy Louie's book as it covers everything you need including plyometric training. Oh and science is great and all but what other coach has 4 lifters who have totaled 2600, 6 with 2500+, 6 with 2400+, 12 1000 squatters with 4 being over 1100, 22 lifters over 700 in the bench, and 15 lifters with an 800 deadlift?

KingJustin
07-06-2008, 09:30 AM
I absolutely do not understand the psychology of the OP. He must be sarcastic in some way.

Eric Downey
07-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Great responce AJ. I also want to add that unlike most systems louie's have changed with science. As it advanced so did Louie methods. Just look at what the creation of Jump Strench bands have done.

AJ Roberts
07-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Great responce AJ. I also want to add that unlike most systems louie's have changed with science. As it advanced so did Louie methods. Just look at what the creation of Jump Strench bands have done.

Thats what i think most people miss is that Louie systems is always advancing and moving forward. It's a shame people want to go back 20 years and try and learn it all for themselves. Cosgrove said it best when he told me i could spend the next 10 years of my life learning everything on fat loss like he did and then try and figure out what works and how to apply it in the real world, or I could just take his word for it, read his manuals, and start getting kick ass results with my clients. Guess which route I chose.

Eric Downey
07-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Training with jesse ive got 25 years of trail and error already done for me show i just show up and do what im told.

Sensei
07-07-2008, 06:23 AM
Thats what i think most people miss is that Louie systems is always advancing and moving forward. It's a shame people want to go back 20 years and try and learn it all for themselves. Cosgrove said it best when he told me i could spend the next 10 years of my life learning everything on fat loss like he did and then try and figure out what works and how to apply it in the real world, or I could just take his word for it, read his manuals, and start getting kick ass results with my clients. Guess which route I chose.
Great post - it really doesn't make sense to me why so many people in the US will shell out hundreds of dollars for supplements, but are reluctant to spend a penny on competent coaching (or even a good book about training/diet) - something that could save them YEARS of pain and trouble.

TheSeeker
07-28-2008, 11:03 PM
AJ Roberts is by far, the second smartest powerlifter in the world. I think I have found the answer to this: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=112677&page=3&highlight=guru+louie+simmons

ryuage
07-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Great post - it really doesn't make sense to me why so many people in the US will shell out hundreds of dollars for supplements, but are reluctant to spend a penny on competent coaching (or even a good book about training/diet) - something that could save them YEARS of pain and trouble.

any recommendations for the crowd?