PDA

View Full Version : Puddle of oil on my natty PB

MonkeyBoy
03-25-2002, 10:21 AM
Do you guys just mix in the oil when you open a fresh jar of peunut butter. It looks rather nasty but I bet yah it taste good. I have been eating the proccessed kind and this is the first time I bought the natural.:drooling:

Tryska
03-25-2002, 10:23 AM
yeah...just stir it up in there and you should be all set.

the doc
03-25-2002, 10:23 AM
:drooling:

Maki Riddington
03-25-2002, 10:38 AM
Mmmmmmmmm.
Natty PB=Mmmmmmm

IceRgrrl
03-25-2002, 10:39 AM
I turn the jar over in the cabinet so that when I take it out to use some PB, the oil has dispersed or collected at the other end of the jar. Just a thought, if you don't want to mess with mixing...

Maki Riddington
03-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Good idea. I'm gonna try that.

MonkeyBoy
03-25-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by IceRgrrl
I turn the jar over in the cabinet so that when I take it out to use some PB, the oil has dispersed or collected at the other end of the jar. Just a thought, if you don't want to mess with mixing...

The label says if you put it in the fridge it will not seperate. Never tasted the natty type...its in my truck right now...I'm tempted to go and open it. You are making me hungry.

Patrick Bateman
03-25-2002, 06:36 PM
Just mix it up and store it in your fridge. I wouldn't reccomend turning it upside down and storing it in your cabinet because that basically the equivalent of pouring the oil down the sink and you would be missing out on all the good fats.

Orange357
03-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Patrick Bateman
Just mix it up and store it in your fridge. I wouldn't reccomend turning it upside down and storing it in your cabinet because that basically the equivalent of pouring the oil down the sink and you would be missing out on all the good fats.

IS this a.k.a Micky Knox?

syntekz
03-25-2002, 07:26 PM
Be sure to put in the fridge. One thing I've noticed is that if you don't eat it within about a week or so(the entire jar) the peanut butter gets harder and loses some of the moisture from the oils.

Budiak
03-25-2002, 09:15 PM
I've noticed that it gets harder and harder as well. There is absolutely nothing you can do about this. You are screwed. Send me the remaining portion of your rock butter and I will...dispose of it.

I've decided that the word "liquid" is funny.

Patrick Bateman
03-26-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Orange357

IS this a.k.a Micky Knox?

Yes. :)

IceRgrrl
03-26-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Patrick Bateman

Huh? The oils just disperse throughout the jar...they're still in there and still get eaten, so it's NOT like pouring the oil down the sink. I just keep turning the jar every other time I use the PB so that the oil stay mixed in.

I don't put it in the fridge b/c it gets too hard to spread easily. I go through it fast enough that it doesn't have a chance to go bad.

the doc
03-26-2002, 07:03 AM
"I go through it fast enough that it doesn't have a chance to go bad."

that a girl :clap:

Patrick Bateman
03-26-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by IceRgrrl

Huh? The oils just disperse throughout the jar...they're still in there and still get eaten, so it's NOT like pouring the oil down the sink. I just keep turning the jar every other time I use the PB so that the oil stay mixed in.

I don't put it in the fridge b/c it gets too hard to spread easily. I go through it fast enough that it doesn't have a chance to go bad.

When you wrote "or collected at the other end of the jar". I figured that you just kept turning the peanut butter over and by the time you finished with the jar the oil was still left in the container.

IceRgrrl
03-26-2002, 12:09 PM
No, I just keep turning it back and forth so that the oil stays mixed in...

syntekz
03-26-2002, 12:45 PM
You are mixing the oil into the peanut butter with a knife(or whatever) aren't you?

Hdspeedwild
05-07-2002, 06:02 PM
If you poor out the oil, will it have less fat?

LuckyCharm
05-07-2002, 06:18 PM
I was just wondering if penaut butter will cause you to gain alot of weight? I know it has 16 g of fat per seving, but of that fat is most of ith ealthy? Flax oil has like 14g right? So...... if a person doesn't take flax, but eats peanut butter is it really that bad?

hotgirl_03
05-07-2002, 06:49 PM
doesnt turning it back and forth keep it seperated?

Shao-LiN
05-07-2002, 07:06 PM
was just wondering if penaut butter will cause you to gain alot of weight? I know it has 16 g of fat per seving, but of that fat is most of ith ealthy? Flax oil has like 14g right? So...... if a person doesn't take flax, but eats peanut butter is it really that bad?

Reason why natural peanut butter is suggested as a fat source is because it contains the healthy fats your body needs. The peanut butter alone won't make you gain a lot of weight, your collective diet will. Natural peanut butter is a tasty alternative to flax. It's not bad.

=w=
05-08-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Shao-LiN
Natural peanut butter is a tasty alternative to flax. It's not bad.

Tasty? yes
Healthy? yes
Alternative to flax? NO

The fats found in Natty PB are primarily MUFA's (which are healthy) whereas the fats in Flax are primarily PUFA's (which is the reason people supliment with flax (To get their omega 3's).

Fish oil is a better source of n-3's.