PDA

View Full Version : I already ate to much now what do I do

ct67_72
07-06-2008, 09:25 PM
I keep reading "eat more, then eat more than that". Ive already eaten to much and would say Im probably 30 lbs overweight, so does that mean Im already storing what I need to add muscle mass? Im not looking to be cut but I would like to add a good amount of mass and lose some fat. TIA

azma
07-07-2008, 03:28 AM
"Eat more" is good advice for people who want to gain muscle mass as quickly as possible, but you certainly don't need to be on the highway to obesity in order to build muscle. Despite what some people say, you can definitely get bigger and stronger while still losing fat. It's helpful to know what your maintenance calorie intake is. To find that, train and eat like usual for the next two weeks, but (1) weigh yourself every morning and (2) keep track of how many calories you eat each day. If you gain weight during that time, repeat the process, but eat fewer calories. Do this until you get to a calorie intake where you're just barely losing weight. When you find that number of calories, fulfill it with a clean, high-protein diet, and dedicate yourself to your training regimen. If you stick with it, you'll see results.

RhodeHouse
07-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Pretty good advice from azma. You can make it a little easier to get an idea of what your maintainance calories are. Multiply your bodyweight by 12. That is APPROXIMATELY what you need to maintain your bodyweight.

Here's a hint that you need to listen to. Have a goal and stick to it. If you want to lose fat, focus on that. If you want to build muscle, focus on that. Don't focus on both at the same time. You're asking your body to do 2 different things at the same time. If you train hard and lift weighs while you're losing fat, you'll build some muscle. But, your focus should still be to lose fat first. Once you reach your fat loss goal, switch your focus and start building some muscle. People get caught up doing too many things at once. Be patient.

ct67_72
07-07-2008, 09:10 AM
those are excellent answers. I will track myself through the next couple weeks and see where I stand. and I see being focused on one at a time a very good idea for me.
Thanks

ct67_72
07-15-2008, 08:47 PM
I tracked my calories through the week, ended up averaging about 2400 calories a day. I did my normal workout, heavy, and I have actually gained 7 pounds lol. Im going to keep going and see what happens, my body loves to bulk up real quick (to a certain point) when I start lifting again after Ive been off for a while and it seems to be working great again. so hopefully I can keep that up and lose a little fat to get down from 210

Podcore
07-17-2008, 08:03 PM
7 pounds seems a wee bit too much :). Did you change something else too? Or did you weigh yourself before or after you ate.

ct67_72
07-17-2008, 08:18 PM
I weighed myself about the same time and I eat around the same time so it should be close. and I looked at my scale wrong its more like 3 pounds lol. I thought the line was 5 and its really 10