PDA

View Full Version : Diet Changes

idahoman
07-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey guys, I am new here but have been lurking for awhile. I am currently trying to cut down from 174 pounds to 160 and see how things look before deciding if I wanna lose more weight. I would like to bulk, but I already have a bit of a belly and couldn't stand for it to get bigger at my current physique.

Some info about me is that I am around 5 foot 10.5 and weigh 174 pounds atm.

On the activities side. I work at a tennis camp 5 days a week, 3 hours a day. Out of those 5 days I play 1-2 days of 2 hours of tennis while on the other 3-4 days I just walk around the courts. I do play 30 minutes of soccer 5 days for the last 30 minutes of camp. Furthermore, I have a hour lesson once a week. I am also on my 4th week of wbb1.1 and do 30 minutes on the eliptical on saturday and sunday. Lastly I play 9 holes of golf 2-4 times a week (but I cart :( ) and generally play roller hockey 1-2 times a week for 1.5-3 hours each time.

I believe that I am active enough, but I have always struggled with my diet, a big reason being that I am very picky eater. I have started to track what I eat on fitday.com, and even though I have only one day tracked, it is pretty consistent for what I eat during the weekdays. The only thing that really alternates is my dinner, but it is usually chicken kobobs/breasts, steak, or a turkey wrap/sandwhich. Also, another thing that tends to alternate is snacks such as a pop,chips,pretzles, or icecream, and that ranges generally from 0-2 a day.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on my diet. I have read that when cutting you should cut your maintenance calories down 10-20% and that keeping a fitday is a good way to know your maintenance calories. Would this be my maintenance calories if I have been doing the same general activities and eating around the same stuff/quantity for over a month and have stayed at the same weight?

Here is my fitday, and sorry for the wall of text or if I didnt post in the correct place :evillaugh:
fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=idahoman

idahoman
07-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Some of the changes I am going to try and make starting now is changing my cereal to a healthier one with less sugar or having two slices of rye bread toasted with nutty pb. I am also going to try and replace snacks with fruits/vegetables and spread my eating times around so that I have more small meals.

Spartan936
07-08-2008, 09:15 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99119