PDA

View Full Version : A cut would do me so much good, but there's no way I could eat less!

yankeekd25
07-07-2008, 07:27 PM
I just got done eating my dinner- 2 lean burgers, a hot dog, oven baked french fries, and a chicken breast, and that was a little after I drank my protein shake, and that was after I ate my protein bar after getting done with the gym after 8ish. To top it all off, I'm still hungry! I've been clean bulking for a while. I've put on some size, but also a bit of fat. I weighed myself today at the gym and I'm at 194. I want to be a very lean 185 when it's all set and done. I cut down to 165 ish, and bulked to 194. :thumbup:

I really want to cut but there is no way my appetite could take that much of a hit. I bulk at around 3000 cals, and my maintenance is 2500. I figure to lose fat I have to eat about 2000-2300 cals. How do you guys do it?

azma
07-08-2008, 01:41 AM
"Goal: To be Ripped, bench press 3 plates"

It sounds like you know what you need to do! :nod:

It's not that hard, once you get in the groove of being a little hungry all the time. Eat small meals frequently, snack very lightly when necessary, and try not to eat high-GI carbs (they make you hungry when your insulin crashes). If you have to, keep a spreadsheet of your daily food intake to keep yourself on track. I did exactly that, and it helped me drop 30lbs, despite my ever-passionate love affair with large quantities o' delicious food.

TheGMan
07-08-2008, 01:57 AM
Dude i can eat food all day without any problems so the cut is hard for me, but i have found it quite easy if eat every 2 hours, sometimes every hour.

Even if it is a small handful of grapes!

You will be hungry but as soon a you see the benefits it will all be worth it!

Good luck dude

Bendthe Bar
07-08-2008, 03:51 AM
"[U] and try not to eat high-GI carbs (they make you hungry when your insulin crashes).

agreed

try and eat more brown carbs rather than white carbs. Like brown rice, wholewheat pasta, wholemeal bread etc They take longer to digest and provide a more balanced energy supply.

RedSpikeyThing
07-08-2008, 07:34 AM
This article (http://www.t-nation.com/article/diet_and_nutrition/volumize_your_diet&cr=) from T-Nation may be of interest to you.

Guido
07-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Try eating less calorie dense foods. Eat as many veggies as you want, but get protein in at every meal. Don't eat starchy carbs because they will cause you to retain water.

And yes, the article spikeything linked to is a good one.

ryuage
07-08-2008, 04:16 PM
no idea what I was thinking... hrmm

TopCat
07-08-2008, 11:37 PM
No, he meant less. Helps you feel full because the food is less dense and tells your belly to stop eating :P

I also totally agree with the intermittent fasting. Eating a little bit makes me hungrier than not eating at all.

yankeekd25
07-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Within the next few days, I'm gonna snap some pics and post them. One day I look chubby, the next I look like I have nothing on my bones. I'm not so sure if I'm gonna cut yet.