PDA

View Full Version : shirt help

TankOfTeamStone
07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
I posted not to long ago that I was having problems with double ply Rage-x size 58 trying to get it seated correctly I tried everything imaginable from what some of you guys told me to do and I still couldn't get it seated. I ended up calling Inzer to see if could get the arms bigger but they couldn't alter them. I think i need to add another inch on the arms then I should be a lot easier getting the shirt seated right. I got a thigh as a arm. Everyone on my team said I sould change shirts since they think the rage-x is to much for me, Just work with single ply shirts. I tried the metal bash 1 ply size 62 this past weekend and got 535 touch. while trying to touch, I was rasing my head and couple of people on my team said while rasing my head my chest goes down when I raise my head. i just feel more comfortable rasing my head and i feel like it's easier to touch cause I see where the bar is touching. I really don't know what I should do with that size 58 rage-x should i keep it or sell it. I've been using rage-x since last october and I love that shirt. in my opinion i just need a lot more practice in rage-x and just keep with it and work on touching.

David_HoffWSBB
07-08-2008, 11:22 AM
get a bigger arch and lock that bitch in, while lowering the bar try and raise your belly up to the bar thats what i do and it seems to work fine for me also if that last inch is a bitch flex your ass that should get u that last inch.

Travis Bell
07-08-2008, 11:25 AM
I really suck in single ply shirts. You have to wear them so freakin tight, I just get all screwed up. Your rage just sounds like its too tight for you. Sell it and get a new one. The metal shirt is ok I guess, but your rage X is a much better shirt.

As for raising the head, its good if you can keep your chest up. I raise my head when bringing the bar down, but I really push my arch up so as to not lose it. If you are losing your arch because you're bringing your head up, keep it down

ehubbard
07-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I posted not to long ago that I was having problems with double ply Rage-x size 58 trying to get it seated correctly I tried everything imaginable from what some of you guys told me to do and I still couldn't get it seated. I ended up calling Inzer to see if could get the arms bigger but they couldn't alter them. I think i need to add another inch on the arms then I should be a lot easier getting the shirt seated right. I got a thigh as a arm. Everyone on my team said I sould change shirts since they think the rage-x is to much for me, Just work with single ply shirts. I tried the metal bash 1 ply size 62 this past weekend and got 535 touch. while trying to touch, I was rasing my head and couple of people on my team said while rasing my head my chest goes down when I raise my head. i just feel more comfortable rasing my head and i feel like it's easier to touch cause I see where the bar is touching. I really don't know what I should do with that size 58 rage-x should i keep it or sell it. I've been using rage-x since last october and I love that shirt. in my opinion i just need a lot more practice in rage-x and just keep with it and work on touching.

Have you tried spraying the arms with some warm water and inflating a football in the arms? I did this with my 2-ply Bash and it loosened up the arms a lot (in fact, too much). Just make sure that if you do try this that you only leave the football in for an hour or so at a time, otherwise you may end up stretching the arms too much (I left them overnight and that was too long).

TankOfTeamStone
07-08-2008, 12:26 PM
I really suck in single ply shirts. You have to wear them so freakin tight, I just get all screwed up. Your rage just sounds like its too tight for you. Sell it and get a new one. The metal shirt is ok I guess, but your rage X is a much better shirt.

As for raising the head, its good if you can keep your chest up. I raise my head when bringing the bar down, but I really push my arch up so as to not lose it. If you are losing your arch because you're bringing your head up, keep it down

I defintly got work on my arch a bit more. I got a decent one when i'm doing Raw work but when I get into a shirt I lose is it a bit. Using a single ply
shirt for the first time I felt like I was naked and the material is a lot different then rage-x. I'll sell the size 58 rage-x shirt and might same size
but bigger arms and lose the grid stitch. I might half to try a titan shirt but i hate screwing around with another shirt when I can be practicing in Rage-x
on touching.

Have you tried spraying the arms with some warm water and inflating a football in the arms? I did this with my 2-ply Bash and it loosened up the arms a lot (in fact, too much). Just make sure that if you do try this that you only leave the football in for an hour or so at a time, otherwise you may end up stretching the arms too much (I left them overnight and that was too long).

I tried spraying the arms with water that didn't work. the arms are way to tight by end of sleeves and by the shoulders. the football thing kinda worked but pumping the arms up, the left arm sleeve crease split a little bit but i had someone sewn that up with dual duty upholstery thread i tried the shirt week later and it hung up just fine. now i know not to use that if it arms are tight, send it back. the 1 ply bash took 30 minutes to get on me cause were having problems getting it past my forums.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
07-08-2008, 12:52 PM

What weight class do you compete in?

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

TankOfTeamStone
07-08-2008, 12:56 PM
SHW but looking to get down to 308's

vdizenzo
07-08-2008, 02:45 PM
SHW but looking to get down to 308's

That shirt will work great for you in the 308's. Don't sell it. Also, why would you want to wear inferior products such as Titan or Metal :confused:

TankOfTeamStone
07-08-2008, 03:13 PM
if i can't get down to 308 i'll be happy with 320-330. i'm roughy 340ish right now. i really don't know what 15 pounds would do to me if i lose any around my arms or my chest. i'm playing the shirt game right now trying on different shirts and see if i like them. my teamate said to try on titan F6 if i dont like that what it gives me, i'm just going back to back to inzer.

Travis Bell
07-08-2008, 03:14 PM
agreed. metal especially is not good for bench shirts

I've worn Titan single ply shirts before and they were absolutly no fun to wear. Didn't like them at all

vdizenzo
07-08-2008, 03:24 PM
if i can't get down to 308 i'll be happy with 320-330. i'm roughy 340ish right now. i really don't know what 15 pounds would do to me if i lose any around my arms or my chest. i'm playing the shirt game right now trying on different shirts and see if i like them. my teamate said to try on titan F6 if i dont like that what it gives me, i'm just going back to back to inzer.

If you lose 15 lbs. it will make a difference in how the shirt fits. Keep losing weight and breaking that bad boy in.

PriestCometh
07-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Titan makes a good shirt. Hardly inferior. It comes down to preference.
I have benched 661 in a double ply Rage x
and 700 in a single ply Katana.
They both have a different feel to them.
IMO, the stock version of the Rage x are more snug in the
arm tubes than the Katana. So, It gives more tricep support.
The stock version of the Katana has the cross seam on the arm tubes
which gives more pop out of the bottom.

I agree that Metal shirts are horrible.

nhlfan
07-08-2008, 05:06 PM
why all the hate for metal shirts?

Travis Bell
07-08-2008, 05:16 PM
lol wear one and you'll find out

nhlfan
07-08-2008, 05:40 PM
lol wear one and you'll find out

I do wear one :confused:

barracuda
07-08-2008, 05:43 PM
The rage x is a great shirt - personally dont like the metals i've tried - raising the head can help the weight touch if you use the roll technique - a la Bernor, Joel Toranzo, and CT ocassionally. The way they taught me it was like a violent tuck with the elbows and almost a mini sit-up with the neck and upper trap coming off the bench, and then throw the bar up and back as you lower the head back to the bench on the ascent. I think Mark Bell does something similar in his videos.

Travis Bell
07-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I do wear one :confused:

ah. Well I guess I shouldn't be quite so broad in my stroke, but I've worn Metal shirts and Inzer's are much better. Soooo much easier to touch in and alot more pop out of the bottom.

I won't deny that some people will make them work though.

Have you ever worn an Inzer shirt?

nhlfan
07-08-2008, 06:13 PM
nope, I've only worn a couple of Metal shirts. Maybe I'll have to try an inzer sometime. I see a lot of big benchers using them.

I compete in a single ply federation though, does that make a difference?

TankOfTeamStone
07-08-2008, 06:34 PM
If you lose 15 lbs. it will make a difference in how the shirt fits. Keep losing weight and breaking that bad boy in.

I'll just work on the weight loss up until about 4 weeks when i leave for college and order a new shirt. the shirt i got now i really can't do nothing with the arms are way to small. there is no way in hell i'm going to get that shirt seated correctly.

I half to agree when i tried that metal shirt i didn't get much pop out of it. also the material felt a lot different then the rage-x so i wasn't used to it.

Travis Bell
07-08-2008, 06:58 PM
nope, I've only worn a couple of Metal shirts. Maybe I'll have to try an inzer sometime. I see a lot of big benchers using them.

Only in the shirt you pick, in which I'd recommend the Rage X. The Phenom is still good single ply but it tends to stretch out really quick

TankOfTeamStone
07-08-2008, 10:49 PM
thats what i heard on the phenoms and you got to get them super tight and then break them in a couple workouts. thats another option for me to try out a phenom but i might just stick with rage-x. i think i'm going to sell this new shirt get some money and buy a new shirt in a couple of weeks. new shirt i'm defintly getting the arms bigger lol. i've been having some elbows problems i half to use a knee brace as a elbow brace lol, XL elbow brace is way to small.

PriestCometh
07-09-2008, 10:44 AM

Nah. The Katana and Rage x are the top of the food chain as far as singles go.

nhlfan
07-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the advice