PDA

View Full Version : Eating a certain food to the point of becoming allergic to it?

TomBo
07-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Hey guys,

I've been reading other forums where people are saying that they've eaten a certain type of food so much to the point they have become allergic to it, and cannot eat it anymore. Where people have become allergic to milk, eggs and cans of tuna, because they consumed them in large amounts before, and can now not eat them anymore.

Give me your stories people.

Spartan936
07-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Doesn't happen.

Cirino83
07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
maybe they coincidentally got an allergy to one of the food, but not by eating too much. I could eat steak and cheese subs everyday for the rest of my life and be fine. MMMM

JohnnyBrown
07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
I dunno if eating too much of it causes it, maybe you get tired of it though. But for me when I was a kid I used to mow down on eggs, and now I can't stomach them at all. Even just 2 eggs leaves my stomach queesy for a hour.

Indifference
07-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Im going to have to say no to the *Doesnt happen post*

I can no longer drink milk after bulking on it HEAVILY (gallons a day) freshman year. I get absolutely terrible gastrointestinal pains from the lactose if I drink it now. I also get the same pains from ice cream and uncooked/processed dairy products if I have it in large quantities. I can drink lactaid however all day and be fine. So there is truth to it.

TomBo
07-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Im going to have to say no to the *Doesnt happen post*

I can no longer drink milk after bulking on it HEAVILY (gallons a day) freshman year. I get absolutely terrible gastrointestinal pains from the lactose if I drink it now. I also get the same pains from ice cream and uncooked/processed dairy products if I have it in large quantities. I can drink lactaid however all day and be fine. So there is truth to it.

Finally somebody! Guys i know it's true, because i've seen at least over 10 ppl, who have complained of not being able to eat a good before of eating it heavily previously i.e. during bulking. or maybe even when they were young

TomBo
07-09-2008, 09:11 PM
maybe they coincidentally got an allergy to one of the food, but not by eating too much. I could eat steak and cheese subs everyday for the rest of my life and be fine. MMMM

Yeeah i can eat steak and cheese subs everyday too!

HOWever, in most cases where ppl become "allergic" to the foods, the foods are milk, eggs or cans of tuna .

azma
07-10-2008, 04:24 AM
Is it possible that people who consume a lot of milk/eggs/tuna may become allergic for some other reason? If they consume it frequently and heavily, I'm sure they notice the allergy soon after it develops, especially if they're consuming enough for the reaction to be quite pronounced. I was the opposite; as a little kid, I'd break out in hives from milk, but I loved it so much that I drank it all the time anyway. Now, I have no problems. I could assume that it happened because I developed a tolerance from all my consumption, but that would be nothing more than anecdotal speculation.

Spartan936
07-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Lactose Intolerance and Food Allergy are two different things entirely.

AL_DA_GREAT
07-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Eat a varied diet.

Invain
07-10-2008, 03:17 PM
I developed an intolerance to eggs after eating quite a few every single day. After not eating a single egg for months I can finally stomach them again.

Spartan936 is right too, I was not allergic to eggs, I had developed an intolerance.