PDA

View Full Version : My Diet Plan

Majestyc
07-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Help me build a better diet plan for bulking. I'm 150 lbs and bulking.
Thank you.

Breakfast 11:00 am

- whole wheat bagel with margarine
- 1 whole egg
- cheddar cheese slices
- orange juice

Lunch 4:00 pm

- chicken breast coivered with bread crumbs
- rice / couscous / mac 'n cheese
- vegetable salad
- orange juice

Workout 7:00 pm

Post-Workout Shake 8:30 pm

- 2 scoops whey
- 1 banana
- milk

Dinner 10:00 pm

- sometimes pizza
- slices of turkey
- orange juice

Willie
07-10-2008, 01:11 PM
I'd go for real butter on your bagel instead of margarine.
Margarine is crap.

Also, OJ is loaded with sugar. Kinda like a coke.

BCorn
07-10-2008, 01:16 PM
that does not seem like much food for bulking. i would try to eat 6-7 times per day. add more eggs to your breakfast and some meat. can you eat breakfast any earlier? milk would be better for bulking than o.j.

Majestyc
07-10-2008, 01:59 PM
I'd go for real butter on your bagel instead of margarine.
Margarine is crap.

Also, OJ is loaded with sugar. Kinda like a coke.

Why is sugar bad for bodybuilding?

that does not seem like much food for bulking. i would try to eat 6-7 times per day. add more eggs to your breakfast and some meat. can you eat breakfast any earlier? milk would be better for bulking than o.j.

How much milk should I drink? I heard that drinking a gallon of milk a day is important for bodybuilding. Is this true?

Willie
07-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Why is sugar bad for bodybuilding?

Too much has a negative effect on insulin and it's just empty calories.

teenathlete3030
07-10-2008, 08:44 PM
It's generally recommended to get at least 1 g protein/lb bodyweight, and 1.5g/lb for strength/power athletes, especially bulking. That means you want about 225g protein per day.

Right now all I'm seeing for protein is 1 egg, 1 chicken breast, postworkout whey, and some slices of turkey. That's nowhere near 225 grams. You've got a good start. But, If you ate 6 meals per day, that's only about 30-40 grams per meal.

Tuna is also a cheap easy way to get protein. Eggs are cheap, don't worry about cholesterol. Also milk, like said before.

You've got a salad listed, which is good, but 2 would probably be better.

I'm not so sure sugar is a bad thing for bulking, however you need to be careful about it. Fruit is mostly sugar but it is slowly digested, is good for you, and doesn't cause much of an insulin spike (which leads to fat gain outside of workout period). I don't think fruit juice is quite as good because it's probably digested faster. idk

One thing I like to do sometimes is search google for sample diets. Sometimes you can find these that have all the foods laid out along with meal timing for you. You don't have to follow them perfectly, but it's a good idea if you want to get the feal for a good diet.

FootballLifter
07-13-2008, 07:31 PM
just eat wayyyyyy more

like 25 or more calories per pound of body weight

dickjones
07-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Gooooooooooood Buddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: