PDA

View Full Version : briefs question

jbrin0tk
07-10-2008, 03:36 PM
I recently bought a pair of single ply Titan briefs, just something to get me started. The first pair I ordered I got a size 50. Well, I couldn't get them past the big part of my butt so I sent them back for a size 52. The 52's go on fine, except for the legs. The leg holes seem like they were made for a 10yr. old, haha! I'd rather not have to send them back again, and I actually kind of feel like a bigger size (54's or something) would be too big around my hips and waist. Is there anything I can do to stretch out the leg holes some so that I can pull them up farther? I took them to the gym today and was going to try to break them in a bit, but they kept pushing my knees horribly inwards so I cut it there. I know they are supposed to be tight, hard to get on at first, and you have to break them in some, etc. Will they just loosen up in time, or is there something I can do to loosen up the leg holes so they will pull up just that little bit farther? I am completely new to training in any type of gear other than a belt and wrist wraps. Thanks, guys. I appreciate your time and your help.

Ben Moore
07-10-2008, 03:40 PM
How far up can you get them? You need to have someone help you get them seated for the last few inches. Single ply will stretch pretty good over time. I wouldn't stretch out the legs until you get someone to help you.

jbrin0tk
07-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey, Ben, thanks for responding. I can get them up to about midway up my quad/thigh. If you don't mind me asking, what does "get them seated" mean? Thanks again, Ben. Your help is much appreciated!

Ben Moore
07-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Seated means there's no extra material or room hanging down at the crotch or back side at the bottom of your butt. If you can get them to mid thigh, I'd say they're probably the right size, you just need to have some help getting them on the first few times.

jbrin0tk
07-10-2008, 04:01 PM
That is good to hear. Thanks for your help, Ben. I appreciate your time.

deeder
07-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Get a finger under the fabric and as you pull up use your other hand to 'pull' your skin through. This is how I get all my suits on.

Ben Moore
07-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Get a finger under the fabric and as you pull up use your other hand to 'pull' your skin through. This is how I get all my suits on.

Good point

jbrin0tk
07-10-2008, 05:07 PM

Hey, Deeder. Thanks for your help. I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "pull" your skin through? I appreciate your help, man.

jbrin0tk
07-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Just an update. I think I got them all the way up now. The crotch feels like it is where it should be. It is still hard to push my knees out, but I can do it and they don't cave in like they did before. Is it supposed to be hard to push your knees out in briefs? I'm sorry for my complete ignorance about this stuff. Thanks for your help, guys.

Lones Green
07-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Just an update. I think I got them all the way up now. The crotch feels like it is where it should be. It is still hard to push my knees out, but I can do it and they don't cave in like they did before. Is it supposed to be hard to push your knees out in briefs? I'm sorry for my complete ignorance about this stuff. Thanks for your help, guys.

try pushing the material on the inside of the legs up, this should allow you to push your knees out a little better

jbrin0tk
07-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the tip, Lones. I will try that.

Detard
07-11-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm having the exact same problem with one of my squat suits. I have never been able to get it on properly because the legs are so damn small. It pushes my knees inward as I descend too. My mom suggested wetting the suit first which may help it slide up, but i'm not sure it that will affect the integrity of the suit?

Also, Sensei posted a video somewhere about using plastic grocery bags as suit slippers. That really helped me pull my other suit up into the right spot.

Lones Green
07-11-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm having the exact same problem with one of my squat suits. I have never been able to get it on properly because the legs are so damn small. It pushes my knees inward as I descend too. My mom suggested wetting the suit first which may help it slide up, but i'm not sure it that will affect the integrity of the suit?

Also, Sensei posted a video somewhere about using plastic grocery bags as suit slippers. That really helped me pull my other suit up into the right spot.

grocery bags are basically suit slippers for free. some bags work better than others, i have found. is your suit single ply? because like Ben said, if you wet it and its single ply this could take some juice away from it.

try:
-hanging from the straps on a barbell in front and back of you
-pulling the material up on the legs and getting an atomic wedgie from someone
-good morning motions with the straps up

im sure a couple of us could get it on you, they are a hassle to get on by yourself!

jbrin0tk
07-14-2008, 09:49 AM
I just wanted to take a second and say thank you to Ben, Deeder, Detard, and Lones for giving me some tips and advice regarding my briefs. I believe I have them seated now and they don't push my knees in anymore. Thanks again, fellas.

Ben Moore
07-14-2008, 10:43 AM
No problem man - it's good we have all these guys here to bounce ideas off of. Looking forward to seeing some big numbers from ya!

Detard
07-14-2008, 10:45 AM
It's what were here for:hello:

Lones Green
07-14-2008, 01:00 PM
I just wanted to take a second and say thank you to Ben, Deeder, Detard, and Lones for giving me some tips and advice regarding my briefs. I believe I have them seated now and they don't push my knees in anymore. Thanks again, fellas.

great!

Guido
07-14-2008, 03:26 PM
grocery bags are basically suit slippers for free. some bags work better than others, i have found. is your suit single ply? because like Ben said, if you wet it and its single ply this could take some juice away from it.

try:
-hanging from the straps on a barbell in front and back of you
-pulling the material up on the legs and getting an atomic wedgie from someone
-good morning motions with the straps up

im sure a couple of us could get it on you, they are a hassle to get on by yourself!The hanging the straps thing works really well. Is does help a lot to have someone help you get it on, though. Good luck with it.