PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider this days food intake to be enough to grow?

kornmong
07-11-2008, 03:52 AM
Hey all,

Ive just started eating smaller meals spaced 2 - 3 hours apart, I was wondering if this is enough food in one day, or have a guess at the calories, I don't want to calorie count, and I don't want yous to either for your convenience, just by the looks or experience is this a fair amount for an 5' 10" 78kg male to gain weight on the Rippetoes routine,

Food Intake: all bread is multigrain or whole meal

1 ham and cheese sandwich with butter
1 small tin of tuna
1 cup of skim milk
2 fish oil tablets

1 snack tuna and crackers
1 herbs and cheese roll

1 large coles salad mixed with left over home made salad
1 cup of skim milk

1 herbs and cheese roll
1 cup of skim milk

1 scoop of creatine with water
1 post workout shake 40g of protein

1 large carrot
1 cup of skim milk
3 eggs
2 fish oil tablets

1 cup of skim milk

Thanks Cya

WillKuenzel
07-11-2008, 04:32 AM
Not really. When I weighed what you do, I'd eat 3 sandwiches at one meal. Glancing at it, I'd say it's probably 500-750 calories below where you need to be to gain weight. Especially if you aren't gaining any weight. Gain a pound a week, or I guess in your case, gain about .5kgs a week.

Torrok
07-11-2008, 10:04 AM
you can add 200 more calories by making that skim 2%

BigDanny817
07-13-2008, 07:11 PM
count your calories, its not hard...

RhodeHouse
07-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Just eat until you reach your goal. If you're not growing, you're not eating enough. Eat like a man, not a boy.

Steak
Chicken
Whole Milk
Whole Eggs
Peanut Butter
1 Gallon of Gatorade everyday
Rice
Potatoes
Pasta
Oatmeal

If you think you're eating enough, double it. Then you'll be eating enough. Gaining weight is hard work, but it's very easy.

vdizenzo
07-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Just eat until you reach your goal. If you're not growing, you're not eating enough. Eat like a man, not a boy.

Steak
Chicken
Whole Milk
Whole Eggs
Peanut Butter
1 Gallon of Gatorade everyday
Rice
Potatoes
Pasta
Oatmeal

If you think you're eating enough, double it. Then you'll be eating enough. Gaining weight is hard work, but it's very easy.

Perfect list of food choices.