PDA

View Full Version : pLz Comment On Diet...

BigDanny817
07-13-2008, 06:36 PM
What needs changing?
Should I add vegetables/fruits?
Should I be concerned with anything else besides calories/protein?
Is it alright if I eat this same diet everyday for a month?

-Breakfast
Protein Shake 370/35
-Break Time at Work
Corned Beef Hash 774/40
Milk 300/16
-Lunch
Tuna 175/37
White Bread 120/4
Coke 240/0
-After Work
Protein Bar 160/15
Milk 300/16
-After Workout
Weight Gain Shake 1,200/51
-Dinner
Whatever Is Made
Milk 300/16

Totals= 3,939 Calories/230 Grams of Protein

Thanks in advance for any help given...

Focused70
07-14-2008, 10:44 AM
cut out the soda and white bread for starters.

liftstuff
07-16-2008, 10:59 AM
you asked if you need more veggies... you have no veggies from what I see.. so yes eat some of those. and what soba said.

BCorn
07-16-2008, 11:42 AM
cut out the coke...if you can. replace the white bread with whole wheat bread. what are you trying to do - bulk or cut? i would pay attention to all macros (fat, carb, protein) some at least.

BigDanny817
07-20-2008, 05:45 PM
thanks for the suggestions guys, yeh its easy for me to cut out the coke, but i have drank it my whole life...im trying to bulk, i recently havent been eating enough to maintain my weight, so ive went from 165 to around 152. what is the easiest way i can incorporate veggies into my diet?

BigDanny817
07-20-2008, 05:49 PM
also, whats the difference between white bread and whole wheat bread? i was brought up on white bread and i have never really eaten any other type... is there a big taste difference?

yankeekd25
07-20-2008, 06:06 PM
thanks for the suggestions guys, yeh its easy for me to cut out the coke, but i have drank it my whole life...im trying to bulk, i recently havent been eating enough to maintain my weight, so ive went from 165 to around 152. what is the easiest way i can incorporate veggies into my diet?

Go to the store and buy a bag of spinach. Go to the frozen foods section and buy frozen veggies. Eat leafy greens. It's really not that hard to eat vegetables man.

BigDanny817
07-20-2008, 06:15 PM
lol i understand its not that hard, but im wondering how much vegetables should i be consuming and does the type of vegetable matter?

190lbDumbell
07-20-2008, 06:27 PM
BigDanny:

Even if you're not the one who does the grocery shopping in your household, start making it a habit to try & tag along. Read labels. There are nutrition labels on the packaging of pretty much anything you're going to put in your mouth; anybody remotely concerned about their own health should get into the habit of reading those. A quick comparison of the labels on white & wheat breads will make the difference pretty clear, pretty quick.

As for the sodas? They're the bane of your existence, trust me. The impact they'll have on your health & physique at your age will be multiplied times 10 by the time you get to be 35. If you absolutely can't live without them, get yourself at the very least in the habit of drinking diet. I know, diet tastes like crap. Here's a tip: commit yourself for 6 weeks to drink nothing but water & milk (&, of course, your protein shakes). After 6 weeks, go back & try something like Coke Zero. You'll probably find you can live with it.

That being said, even diet sodas are a wasted opportunity, especially if you're on a bulk. Water is healthier and a lot less hard on your kidneys, and skim or 2% milk will deliver calcium & protein that you'll never find in a bottle of soda.

Oh yeah, veggies... Want a quick way to get some veggie action going in your diet? Get some fat-free ranch dressing, some carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower (I also like to slice up come cucumbers). No cooking needed, just dip & eat. Great snack, and helps get you past the chip&dip cravings. Uncooked is absolutely the best possible way, from a nutrient standpoint, to eat veggies anyway.

Hope that helps....

BigDanny817
07-20-2008, 07:31 PM
thanks alot for your input 190lbdumbell... when eating i always look at the nutrition facts on the labels and ive made a habit of it ever since starting to bulk... i have recently decided to start shopping for food on my own and plan on making wholesale purchases of pretty much everything i need... soda is what i have been drinking since i was a little kid, but i have no problem completely getting rid of it...is gatorade an ok substitute to soda? as for the comparison between wheat and white bread, i have no idea because all i eat is white bread and there is never any wheat bread in the house... i thought it had something to do with the carbohydrates but i may be completely wrong...i will give the dressing and veggies a shot... the only reason i eat anymore is for the calories/protein and not for the taste...

190lbDumbell
07-21-2008, 09:18 AM
BD:

The Gatorade itself has 50 cals per serving, which is better than soda, by a long shot, but still not going to be as good as plain ol' aqua. The exception? Mid-workout, between your warmup sets & working sets? Gatorade is da bomb, because it's got a little shot of carbs & electrolytes & other good stuff.

Check with your gym, though, because many frown on you having anything but clear water on the floor (fd&c red is a b**** to get out of carpeting).

Also, don't give up on eating for taste, man. You will find, as you get into your diet, that your tastes change a bit. Me? I'll take med-rare steak, baked sweet potato with butter buds & cinnamon-ed cottage cheese & a couple of cups of steamed fresh veggies over a Big Mac combo any day. Read through the recipes forums on here, there is a TON of great ideas on here that are diet-friendly, and taste great. The trick is to find stuff that fits your diet, & works for your tastes, but if you're hating your diet, you're not gonna stick to it. Ask some of the guys like Rhodehouse, who've been doing this for a while; you don't have to suffer to eat right & eat big.

Holto
07-21-2008, 11:16 AM
what is the easiest way i can incorporate veggies into my diet?

One big salad per day.

is there a big taste difference?

I honestly find white bread to be disgusting now. It's like an abomination of nature.

Focused70
07-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Read this (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565) thread and then get back to us if you have any more questions.