PDA

View Full Version : need a powerlifting routine

samj
07-14-2008, 06:12 AM
alryt guys i need a new routine for a qualifier in december in the 100kg class i want to squat 195kg bench 150kg and deadlift 250kg for a 1300lb raw total. currently at squat 175kg bench 137.5kg and deadlift 230kg can it be done? i have weight to gain too.

At the moment i am doing a one movement per day and tonights bench (been off for a week on holiday) but i dont think what i am doing is good enough i would get further with board presses, chains, bans etc but my gym a crappy commercail one and im the strongest in there and im not even that strong yet anyway.

where is the west side barbell routine? and how many times should i max out.
Just please give me any general tips for the meet.

sorry for the crap punctuation:(

samj
07-14-2008, 06:21 AM
sorry i thought this was the powerlifting section

Kong
07-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Sample Westside Week

Workout #1 (Max Effort Squat/Deadlift)
*Max Effort Exercise: (choose one of the following exercises and work up to a 1 or 3 rep maximum) low box squat, good morning, deadlift from 4" block, front squat
*Lower Back/Hamstring Exercise(s)
*Ab exercise(s)

Workout #2 (Max Effort Bench Press)
*Max Effort Exercise: (choose one of the following exercises and work up to a 1-3 rep maximum) board press, floor press, close grip bench press, incline bench press, decline bench press
*Tricep Exercise(s)
*Lats/Upper Back Exercise(s)
*Shoulder Exercise(s)

Workout #3 (Dynamic Effort Squat/Deadlift)
*box squat (waving from 50% to 60% of your 1rm): 8-10 sets of 2 reps
*Lower back/Hamstring Exercise(s)
*Ab exercise(s)

Workout #4 (Dynamic Effort Bench Press)
*Bench Press (using approx. 60% of your 1rm): 8-10 sets of 3 reps
*Triceps exercise(s)
*Lat exercise(s)
*Shoulder Exercise(s)

AJ_H
07-15-2008, 01:18 PM
its up to you how many times you max out...you might suffer if you max out every ME workout though...matt rhodes has a good piece of information on maxing out on this article: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/getting_ready.htm. This was posted before not long ago on here but I'm posting it again because its relevant.

Just a tip: I'd say to deload on the week just before the competition.

AJ_H
07-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Max effort cycle

Week 1: 5RM

Week 2: 5RM (add 510 lbs for bench and 1020 lbs for squat/pull)

Week 3: Heavy single (not a 1RM but Id guess around 8085%)

Week 4: Deload (your weight should be 2050 lbs lighter than your number from week 1)

Week 5: 3RM (add 510 lbs or 1020 lbs from your number in week 2)

Week 6: 3RM (add 510 lbs or 1020 lbs from week 5)

Week 7: Heavy single (add 510 lbs or 1020 lbs from week 3)

Week 8: Deload (same as the deload in week 4)

This is the information in the article I was referring to.

strongkid963
07-15-2008, 01:24 PM
mon: squat- work up to a weight you are comfortable with gradually increase, but if you dont fell good for some reason just go light for that day

tues: bench- work up to a weight you are comfortable with gradually increase, but if you dont fell good for some reason just go light for that day

friday deadlift- work up to a weight you are comfortable with gradually increase, but if you dont fell good for some reason just go light for that day

saturday-do assitace or strongman training or gpp your choice