PDA

View Full Version : Need some dieting advice

RazorsEdge
07-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Ive been following somewhat diet, more just foods that I have been told I should eat really. Mornings usually consist of either 4-5 egg whites, whole grain english muffin with peanut butter, glass of orange juice and a muscle milk OR 3 packets of oatmeal or cream of wheat, whole grain english muffin with peanut butter, orange juice and a muscle milk. Lunch usually varys on where I am during the day this is usually my worst meal of the day as I am out working either 2 plain slices of pizza, Quality meat cheeseburger not like fast food, if Im near somwhere good Ill have grilled chicken and mashed potatoes. Dinner consists of either steak and potatoes, chicken and potatoes, and if I need a lot of carbs for the next day i might have some type of pasta with bread.
My biggest problem is staying full for a long time. My breakfast meal is usually a struggle to eat cause I end up full, hour or so into work Im hungry again, lunch usually holds me over for a few hours and then dinner keeps me full the longest. I know it should be the opposite, big filling breakfast, medium lunch and light dinner.
I think a few things have happened. When I was in my hockey prime I was playing on 3 teams, 6 practices during weekdays and 3-4 games on weekends so I was burning calories like crazy but I was skinny as hell and then finally trained myself to start eating more. Now that Im not playing hockey my only cardio is mountain biking and boxing(running destroys my knees) so obviously Im tyring to limit the amount of food I eat, but then Im always hungry and being hungry while lifting to get some big bulk obviously does damage.
Right now Im 22m 6'4" and 230 in weight. I know in the last year a I have put on some real good size as people I lift with tell me, personally its no where near enough size for me and at the same time still trying to loose that obnoxious baby fat on the lower stomach.
Sorry it was a lot of info but I figured it would be better on you guys

RazorsEdge
07-15-2008, 06:27 PM
nothing??

vdizenzo
07-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Eat more protein. Watch your lunch choices. If you are concerned about the belly fat be more cautious in the carbs you choose and their amounts.

RazorsEdge
07-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Eat more protein. Watch your lunch choices. If you are concerned about the belly fat be more cautious in the carbs you choose and their amounts.

Thats what my trainer tells me, what are some good filling meals I can eat. should I be drinking more protein shakes in between meals, I know some people say drink 3-4 a day plus your meals

liftstuff
07-15-2008, 07:36 PM
why do you not have a snack inbetween? sorry if you posted it and I misread it.. but if you dont snack inbetween thats the problem

vdizenzo
07-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Thats what my trainer tells me, what are some good filling meals I can eat. should I be drinking more protein shakes in between meals, I know some people say drink 3-4 a day plus your meals

I drink six scoops of Nitrean everyday. I sip it throughout the day between meals.

For meals stick with the basics

Fish
Lean beef/ground beef
Turkey
Chicken

Oatmeal
Rice preferably brown
Potatoes prferably sweet
All the green veggies you want

You can't go wrong eating from the list above.

liftstuff
07-15-2008, 07:40 PM
I drink six scoops of Nitrean everyday. I sip it throughout the day between meals.

I cant wait for my nitrean to get here. I ordered it saturday so it should be here any day now. ive been gagging and holding back vomit with body fortress for the last 6 months.

RazorsEdge
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
why do you not have a snack inbetween? sorry if you posted it and I misread it.. but if you dont snack inbetween thats the problem

I do snack between but I think I need more of a snack, normally Ill eat some whole grain pretzels especially if I should really be eating 25calories per lb of body weight. I deffinately know I need to get a lot more protein in by diet, just trying to figure out filling foods for both snacks and meals and maybe I should stop with muscle milk for protein shakes and go with something with way more calories and have a few a day

cphafner
07-15-2008, 07:49 PM
I do snack between but I think I need more of a snack, normally Ill eat some whole grain pretzels especially if I should really be eating 25calories per lb of body weight. I deffinately know I need to get a lot more protein in by diet, just trying to figure out filling foods for both snacks and meals and maybe I should stop with muscle milk for protein shakes and go with something with way more calories and have a few a day

Try nuts, string cheese, yogurt. Anything quick and easy is good for snacks.