PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of apf mt. in Vidor(?),TX.Tune-up...

jessekellum
07-14-2008, 09:35 PM
for the europa super show.Anyone here competed in Gary Pendergrass' meets in Vidor?Some of my trainig partners and I want to use this meet to estalish a bench on the books in the apf,and also use it as a heavybench workout.The meet is 7/26.Anyone here planning on competing?JK

Beverly McD.
07-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Jesse,
My husband Mike and I will be judging this meet. It's less than 10 minutes from our house. We'll be bringing at least one monolift, and Pendergrass will be bringing one also. We would be glad to see you and your training partners there. Are you planning on bench only, or are you doing a full meet?

Beverly McDaniel

AdamBAG
07-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Bad Attitude Gym will have 2-3 guys competing and I'm sure we'll have some other folks down there to help out.

PriestCometh
07-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Good luck Jesse!

I took a page out of your book last week and me and the group out
here were pushing and pulling a Hummer down the back alley. My quads were
toast. We also did plyo with it.

Eric Downey
07-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Jesse,
My husband Mike and I will be judging this meet. It's less than 10 minutes from our house. We'll be bringing at least one monolift, and Pendergrass will be bringing one also. We would be glad to see you and your training partners there. Are you planning on bench only, or are you doing a full meet?

Beverly McDaniel

Hey Mrs Bev that's good to hear. We'll be doing bench only for Europa. Were not 10 min but close enough.

Beverly McD.
07-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Hey Mrs Bev that's good to hear. We'll be doing bench only for Europa. Were not 10 min but close enough.

Great! Looking forward to seeing you guys there. Typically a small, friendly meet (Vidor). Should be plenty of help there too if anyone needs it. Plenty of people to help set suits, wrap knees or give a good hand-off on bench. Give a shout out if Mike or I can help in any way.

Beverly McD.
07-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Bad Attitude Gym will have 2-3 guys competing and I'm sure we'll have some other folks down there to help out.

See you there! If you guys need anything just let us know.

jessekellum
07-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Looks like we'll be going.Making plan today.Talked to Gary and he said that the venue has been changed to the Beaumont civic center.Will be posted on his web site tommorrow.Lisa wll be doing the full meet.I will be benching and maybe squating and deadlifting raw depending on how much AJ runs his mouth on the way up there.AJ will be attempting 800,Speedy should bench 500,Frank Camminita will enter last minute and complain that he is hurt,Eric will be attempting 700(don't faint when you read this eric),Bobby says that he is entering,and Phil should be there to bench and dl.I'll make Oscar and Jarred enter to gain sme experience.So,this should be a fun meet.
Priest,I LOVE pushing cars,flipping tires,and pulling sleds.Great exercizes to improve "brute strength" and fast twitch muscle fibers ,as well as shocking your body to stimulate muscle growth.Look forward to seeing everyone at the meet.JK

PriestCometh
07-16-2008, 01:48 PM
I would love to do tire flips. Just dont have em at the gym.

I am missing the crawfish, Jesse.

James Burdette