PDA

View Full Version : Liftin Until I'm CARVED Out of Stone!!

jroddy3
07-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Ok guys, I'm back. I have been away for about seven months but I have been liftin just as strong. Made some huge gains lately, training and nutrition wise. But I decided to start logging again. So as always, I greatly appreciate any help offered.

jroddy3
07-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Ok guys, I guess I will start the new log today. But before I do I have some questions and would greatly appreciate anyone who will share their knowledge with me.

So I know this is often frowned upon here at wannabebig, but bare with me fellas. It is summer, and I am moving into a new apartment complex in about 3 weeks. This is a college Apt. complex with an awesome pool that will constantly be packed with beautiful women, so naturally when we get in there I want to walk into that pool looking like a perfectly carved statue (hence the thread title). I am currently weighing in at about 172lbs and I'm about 5'11. I'm already in very good all-around shape, but of course as we all know a bodybuilder and/or powerlifter's work is NEVER done. So before I start logs I REALLY need nutrition and training tips to help me become as rock hard and vascular as humanly possible in 3 weeks. So yes, this means I will be working on the typical "abs, chest, back" a little more diligently. Any supplement suggestions are also appreciated. I am currently taking a natural multi-vitamin and will soon be back on a 3 protein shake a day regimen. So finally, my questions are:

1.) What protein do you suggest? I'm looking for the least amount of fat possible.

2.) What other supplements do you suggest if any?

3.) What nutrition plan do you suggest?

4.) What training regimen do you suggest?

Lones Green
07-15-2008, 01:19 PM
you won't be able to be looking as chisled as you want by this summer, so i'd bulk all the way until next summer, then cut. (im also not the best person to ask about BB stuff)

as for routines go to wannabebig.com and scroll down and look at the routines on the left side. WBB1 is something i did forever ago with a lot of success, i have not tried the new and improved version, but i'm sure you'll see success with it. after you complete that routine try something like the baby got back routine.

start eating over your maintainence calories. to find them, google search it. there is a formula. if you don't see progress eating over that, keep adding 300-500 cals a week. keep track of your weight, muscle gain, and bodyfat gain. don't worry too much about bodyfat though, shed that on your cut. post any questions you have about diet in the diet section. listen to what Rhodes has to say, haha

i'd go with atlarge protein, MAXIMUS would be perfect for you. why do you need the least fat? if you want the lowest calorie, go for nitrean. what would be the best for you is the maximum mass stack. i can't tell you how much i gained taking that stack and using WBB1 together.

thats it in a nutshell, any other questions post in my log or in here

Jaybird88
07-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Yo homie! Its game time baby. Let's get this **** started. We are gonna work until I'm stronger than God and you look better than him! HA!

*burns in hell*

jroddy3
07-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Ok I'm going to sum up the whole week since I have been a little busy. So here are the highlights. Keep in mind these are just the sets I am really happy with this week. I will log all next week.

Deadlift
1x1 - 435 (my max)

Standing Military Press (behind head)
1x8 - 155
1x6 - 175

And those are pretty much the only two things I am REALLY happy with. But once again, will be posting all next week, it has been a busy week.

And does anyone know the exact advantages and disadvantages of supersets? Just curious because I do them all the time, I'm just not sure if they just shorten your workout time or if maybe they have another advantage.