PDA

View Full Version : ME Bench from 7.15.08

Travis Bell
07-15-2008, 09:17 PM
I forgot to video when I did the 525 but here's the 515 and some rep sets along with my last floor press. Today was raw 2brd. I must say, this is probably my weakest point in the press. I definatly need to work on this more

KS6E-e0BzYA

Eric Downey
07-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Nice work Travis. Im gonna take that 515 personally since I just missed that crap 2 weeks ago. Just kidding bro.

vdizenzo
07-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Very strong Trav. It does appear as though you flatten out on the bottom of your press. You might want to watch that. Cool song. Who was it?

Erik 23
07-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Good work Travis was the Floor press just for a change in training after Me day?

Travis Bell
07-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Very strong Trav. It does appear as though you flatten out on the bottom of your press. You might want to watch that. Cool song. Who was it?

Wow, you're right, I really do! Last couple of weeks I've felt something in my form that was causing some instability, I think this may be part of it! Thanks Vin. I think the other part is I've let some of my upper back and lat work get away from me a tad.

I think the song is by Trapt

Travis Bell
07-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Good work Travis was the Floor press just for a change in training after Me day?

Not real sure what you mean.

It was the second ME exercise I did

Lones Green
07-16-2008, 03:19 AM
nice travis

Erik 23
07-16-2008, 05:50 AM
Not real sure what you mean.

It was the second ME exercise I did

Oh i was asking cause i thought that when you do max effort you do only one exercise and i seen you did 2 max effort exercises in 1 training session thats why i was asking

vdizenzo
07-16-2008, 06:18 AM
Travis, I highly recommend doing reverse band pulldowns on the bench. It really teaches you to keep your arch and your belly up because if the tension is strong enough it's hard to pulldown to touch. If I don't touch the rep does not count. So this really forces you to have your belly meet the bar. I am also not a huge fan of the head lift. I know some people are really good at it. However, more times than not I see it flatten lfiters out. JMHO.

Again, great strength. Man, I love watching heavy training.

Travis Bell
07-16-2008, 06:25 AM
I will definatly do that. Thanks man. The more I watch that video the more I am convinced I need to stop training on that bench. Its one of those fake leather covered benches, really smooth so you have no traction at all. We have a different bench we can use, I'm often reluctant to use it though because then I have to depend on random spotters who will often not know what they are doing. I think I'm just going to have to take that chance though because I'm a little fed up with that bench.

Vin you are absolutly right though, I am not pushing my belly up into the bar at all, I need to get on that

thewicked
07-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Travis, I highly recommend doing reverse band pulldowns on the bench. It really teaches you to keep your arch and your belly up because if the tension is strong enough it's hard to pulldown to touch. If I don't touch the rep does not count. So this really forces you to have your belly meet the bar. I am also not a huge fan of the head lift. I know some people are really good at it. However, more times than not I see it flatten lfiters out. JMHO.

Again, great strength. Man, I love watching heavy training.

VIN explain this more.. I'm really curious as to how to do this.

vdizenzo
07-16-2008, 09:00 AM
VIN explain this more.. I'm really curious as to how to do this.

I'll do one better. I am going to begin a video training journal in the very near future. I'll make sure that is one of the exercises to be taped and explained. It's easier to show than explain. I'll see if I can't get it recorded at my seminar this weekend.

Ben Moore
07-16-2008, 09:12 AM
That's great Vin - I for one would love to see some of the things the bigger benchers do. Any help my bench can get would be great, haha.