PDA

View Full Version : Road to World Cup

Twirl
07-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Over the past year I took personal fitness a little more seriousely. It helped my game (paintball) stabilize and gave me more confidence in my abilities. Although my routine was pretty makeshift. It wasn't the worst but I'm sure I was over training between the gym and practices and my diet was always hit or miss. It's seems damn near impossible for me to gain weight I'm sure the drinking, smoking, and poor diet never help. Anyways, I've gotten to a semi-pro divison team in my sport and am happy with my accomplishments but im still sure that I have more potential in me. But unfortunately 2 months ago I got in a huge fight with my captain and walked off. I lost sight of my goals and dropped into a rut of missing my work-outs and going out drinking every night. Well it's time to change and get back on track.

I will be keeping an updated journal on my work-outs and progress in my sport. I am going back to the basics with Rippetoe's SS workout. Up to this point I ignored DL's and my legs totally so it's time to do it right and see where it takes me. I started slow today and with low weight I knew I could do at proper form but wouldn't kill me.

Tuesday's workout
Bench - 165x3x5
Squat - 165x3x5
DL - 185x3x5
(i did light warm-ups, im just tired of typing)

"Before"
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v213/240/71/5207875/n5207875_43062233_2805.jpg March 2008

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b346/Twirl03/015.jpg January 2009

Twirl
07-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Wednesday - Rest day

Well boy am I glad I took it light yesterday b/c my legs and back are sore as hell. Yesterday while doing DL's I felt as if my form while lifting was fine, but when I was setting the weight down I struggled on the way down. My back would round out and I knew it was gross. I want to blame it on being 6'5'' but I know that's just another excuse. I'm excited for friday though, I didn't realize how much I missed being in there, and hopefully posting on here will keep me focused.

Im also going to try to use this site as a support group to quit smoking cigs/pot. Unfortunately this morning I still had the 2 cigs with my coffee. I'm going to try and start eating breakfast before I go for my coffee and see if I can't just start skipping that part of my morning. I'll sit on the back porch catching up on sportscenter and smoke a bowl and a few cigs with my coffee. I'm going to head out on a run today and time/monitor my HR and see if my lack of cardio will be motivation enough before I try some form of chemical assistance.

philly08
07-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Good job starting up a journal man. I'm pretty similar to you as far as build (went from 6'4" 175 lbs. to 195 lbs. over the past few months), and I definitely feel your pain with the form. I'm just now starting to figure out my squat form and how to keep my freakin long legs in order. Just stay focused, and good luck with kicking the smoking habit. This is definitely a great step to take.

Twirl
07-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Friday -
Unfortunately I missed Thursday's work-out due to being out of town for a funeral. I am a little pissed at myself for the poor decisions with my diet that I made while back in my home town. Countless beers, fast foods, cigs, and little sleep definately are not productive towards my goal. I'm going to jump back on it again tomorrow morning before practice early. Just trying to rest up today and stuff my face with anything and everything. I'll make sure tonight I go ahead and get a meal to go so I can get something well rounded into myself today.

My legs are still a little sore from tuesday so hopefully one more day down I will be fresh tomorrow. As of right now I am not taking any supplements whatsoever due to being hindered by a few financial obligations. But soon enough I'll jump back on that train and start getting the macros that are truly needed for the results that I'm looking for. So maybe sometime next week I'll start adding a few things slowly.

Twirl
07-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Saturday's workout -

Squat - 165 x 2 x 5
175 x 1 x 5
Bench - 175 x 3 x 5
DL - 205 x 3 x 5
Chins - BW x 3 x 8 (want to get a dip belt or someway to add weight to this)

My legs were still a little shaky from tuesday's work-out so my squat's were difficult. 165 felt pretty good, but still difficult, when I felt frisky and moved up to 175 for the last set it was too difficult for proper form. I couldn't get down all the way past 90 deg, for fear of not being able to press it. I'll try again next week with it and check my progress. (told you guys I never did my legs, my athleticism has always carried me) My bench felt a lot more study ( when I was working consistently I would rep with 195 and 200 so this progression will go quickly probably) my stabilizer muscles were still a little shakey but it's a process. As far as my DL's go I felt a little better and knew I could get the weight, unfortunately my form on the way down was struggeling. I read up on the steps on the way down and am excited to try what I learned out. As far as my diet goes it's still pretty bad unfortunately, i'm not taking any supplements and am not eating frequently enough and still smoking and drinking. (hence the late entry) My body isn't quite as worn out as last time but still a little sore, I'm really excited about this work-out with all the compounds and getting a full body is going to be great, now I just need to eat to compliment it or I will just be wasting my time.

Twirl
07-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Tuesday's workout -

Squat - 165 x 3 x 5
Pendelum Rows - 135 x 3 x 5
Standing OH Press - 95 x 3 x 5
Pull ups - BW x 3 x 8

I know I didn't increase my weight in my squats but I felt so much more solid, and was able to travel all the way down no problem. Each time I'm feeling more and more confident and solid with this work-out. The standing oh press was cool, it was the first time I have done these standing. I have done military press before but this was in a new class of it's own ( I look forward to doing these again on saturday). The pendelum row was a new one to me as well, seems like just a bent over BB row, but I guess the difference is you set the weight down after each rep? (Correct me if I'm wrong) But I'm confident that I can do more on sat. I can't tell if my back is sore or if that's just the sunburn lol we'll see.

I know that the idea of Rippetoe's programm is functionality and frequency but I'm worried that I'm squatting too much and there isn't enough chest exercises, but I have also only been doing this programm for 1 week really so we'll see where we're at around week 6 - 9 or so. But I was able to tell a huge difference in my form and range of motion in my squat so I'm excited about that other than the fact that my weight with this workout is the same. But on an exciting note I'm up 4 lbs from last week when I started, w/o the use of supplements just b/c I'm being a little more aware of my eating habits and I'm trying to eat more frequently.

Twirl
07-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Thursdays workout -

Squats - 170 x 3 x 5
Chins - BW x 3 x 8
Bench - 180 x 3 x 5
DL - 225 x 3 x 5
Incline DB press - 50 x 3 x 5
I'm overall pretty happy about the results of todays workout now that I look at it as I'm writing it down. But at the gym I was really frusterated at the fact that my squat was so difficult only going up 5lbs. But imo I think since I haven't really done full squats since HS my hip flexors are a little under developed. I guess that was just the fire I needed for my DL's, as I know I could have done more but I didn't want to push it. I actually got angry in there at the weights. My bench is still coming along as slow as my squats it seems so I added the inclines b/c I was still angry from the DL's and lack of progress in my bench.

As far as smoking is going...... well I haven't smoked pot in a bit which is why I think I get angry in the gym. And cigs.... well not much progress at all there. Although my diet is going pretty good I feel like I'm pregnant I eat so much now. I went out to dinner last night with my gf, finished off my plate, her plate, and made a fajita off her moms plate. Then when I got home I made a plate of my room-mates cooking. Baked steak/gravy, mash/gravy, and corn and washed it down with a protein shake. I think I may have a tape worm or something lol, I need to go to the doctor I'm never satisfied anymore =\.

McLaughlin
07-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey man, keep up the good work with your workouts, good luck with the quitting smoking. I know that can be real hard to do.

As for the food/tapeworm ideas... I'm thinking that since you're such a big guy it shouldn't be a problem, especially if you're trying to get bigger.

Twirl
07-26-2008, 02:58 PM
McLaughlin - thanks for the support and stoppin by man. I've always had prolems gaining/maintaining weight so I just need to go get blood work done.

Saturdays workout -

Squat - 170 x 3 x 5
Standing OH Press - 110 x 3 x 5
OH DB Press - 45 x 3 x 5
Pendelum Rows - 145 x 3 x 5
Chins - BW x 3 x 8

Ehhh... today's work-out was ok, my breakfast this morning was horrible (dunkin donuts) I didn't get to the gym until later (waiting for my girl to get up). Therefore pushing my lunch time back. These past two days my diet has been horrible. I'm not eating or sleeping enough. Between work, school, paintball, and my new girl I don't get much time to fully recover and rest unfortunately. Oh well, time to show some form of discipline lol.

But all in all, the time spent in the gym was good. I'm just concerned with my squats, the number isn't going up or getting easier as I figured it would. Will just have to wait and see. The OH Presses felt better as did the Rows. Just need more nutrition and sleep =\.

Twirl
07-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Wednesdays workout -

Squat - 175 x 3 x 5
Bench Press - 180 x 3 x 5
Deadlift - 245 x 3 x 5
Incline DB Press - 55's x 3 x 5
Chins - BW x 3 x 8

Today was a good workout. I felt awsome in the gym (a little high though heh). Unfortunately I missed Tuesday but I was helping a buddy move, and he had huge furniture so it was a workout all on its own. But I went up in squat (which was worrying me), DL which I think is just form coming together but I think I rounded my back a little so I'll keep it at this weight for friday, and the DB press which I think helped me loosen up for my BP but dunno. But I went back down in weight and lost
2lbs over the weekend (dammit!!) but my lifts are going up so, I'm sure my weight will follow soon enough.

I found out about a crossfit gym in my area, so I think I may go check that out. I know it probably won't help me to gain weight, but I'm sure it will help with paintball, and soccer next season when I try-out for my college's team. But I would probably do 2 or 3 classes a week and then lift heavy 1 or 2 times that week. (depending on practice scheduals with my paintball team) Seems like I never stop going but I go crazy when I have a down day lol.

Twirl
08-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Sunday -

Well i'm in the same rut that I always seem to get in. Little time to eat and little time to get to the gym. I've been at practice since friday morning, running and gunning, sweating my ass off and undereating. (im at practice now on break lol) But I guess all in all, the plyometrics we do and positions we hold during play count as a work-out. We went out drinking friday night, and it screwed my intake the next day, didn't eat until about 3:30 or so the next day. But I made sure to take my shake and eat a ton for dinner last night. Breakfast was pretty good this morning, but my smoking isn't going so great. I'll figure something out, always do. Just wanted to make some sort of post this weekend to keep this thing alive.

McLaughlin
08-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey man keep up the work on your lifts, I'd love to see my bench or chin ups be up around your numbers... I'm lucky if I can get 3-4 chins.

What's got you so busy that you can't eat? Practice/work? You should start wearing cargo pants, & filling the pockets with food... like a squirrel.

Not sure how well that would work... but it was funny to think about.

philly08
08-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Good job in here man. Way to keep getting those workouts in. I hear you about having trouble finding time to eat being so busy...I've had a tough time with that too. My solution I've come up with is whatever I've lacked throughout the day, I make up for by putting a little extra in my shake before I go to bed. They push 1000 cals or more sometimes, but they're yummy so it's alright. Anyways keep staying consistent, that's most important. Numbers are looking good.

Twirl
08-05-2008, 12:46 PM
McLaughlin - Between school in the mornings M-TH , work at night (bartender), and practice in the mornings Fri-Sund. it's difficult for me to get in a true routine of schedualed meals, but I pack in as much as I can, when I can lol.

Philly - I need to start doing that when I leave work and use the blender there, b/c my room-mates are asleep by the time I get home at night so I don't want to blast the blender. But that's great advice i'm going to start doing so.

Tuesday's workout -

Squats - 180 x 3 x 5
Chins - BW x 12
BW x 10
BW x 8
Standing OH Press - 105 x 3 x 5 (didn't cheat this time)
Pendelum Rows - 150 x 3 x 5
OH DB Press - 50 x 3 x 5

Everything felt awsome today, especially the squats. I was so excited about these, I felt like I could have even done more so we'll see on thurs. The OH press was a little shakey but my shoulder didn't hurt and I didn't cheat and use momentum to get it up this time. I think i'm going to have to stay at 150 for the pendelum rows b/c I think I may be using too much momentum to lift it and want to make sure my base is solid so I don't hurt myself. Really looking forward to thursday's workout. Wish I could get some more rest though, I work all the way through sunday (8 days in a row) as well as school and practice all weekend too.. man I need some sleep. =\

McLaughlin
08-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh geeze, I didn't realize you had such a packed schedule.

I like that idea philly had. I've actually done that myself a few times, make up for a long day with a huge dinner. Sometimes the opposite works too, if I know I'm going to be super busy I pack it in in the AM. Either way it's solid advice.

Keep up the good work.

Twirl
08-06-2008, 09:43 AM
yea a lot of people don't realize how stressed for time I really am. With as much time as I spend in the car though one would think I could eat on the run. But with as little time as I have between classes and between class and work all I would be eating would be fast food, and that really has a negative affect on my body ( I always feel like **** afterwards). But it seems like a lot of this is just a long convincing excuse for myself. I'll figure this out somehow. But it's nice my legs and back are sore after yesterdays workout and I was missing that last week lol. I think the few day break seemed to help.

Twirl
08-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Thursdays workout -

Squats - 190 x 3 x 5
DL - 265 x 3 x 5
BP - 185 x 3 x 5
Incline DB - 60's x 3 x 5

Today was good shiet, the squats were cake and so was the BP and incline. The DL's however were difficult, wen't up 20 lbs instead of 10 b/c I forgot what I did last sat. lol. oh well. I rounded my back a little too much, so I'm gonna stick to this weight next week too so I don't hurt myself. The eating thing is coming along, but the smoking is slowly coming along, a pack lasts me 2 days now just about. But i'm still chiefing at least once a day or so. But I need to quit it all b.c i have try-outs for my school coming up in september for soccer (goalie, so i'm good as far as endurance goes lol), so we'll see how it goes.

philly08
08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Geez dude, lookin awful strong in here. Way to increase them weights in all your lifts, thats always a good feeling.

Also good luck with soccer. I play a little too (just rec though) and its a lot of fun. Do you follow the European clubs at all?

Twirl
08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Not really, it's just one of those things that I don't enjoy watching on tv unless it's the world cup, olympics, or some world tournament. I get upset at the stupid mistakes the keepers make and just get pissed off that they're pro lol. But I have paintball too which is my bread and butter =).

But it's crazy my weight hasn't gone up really, I mean im up 6-9 lbs depending on the day (I fluctuate really bad). And I can see differences in my legs big time. Just don't understand it. I need to take some before pics b4 I change too much or so I can see the difference.

Twirl
08-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Wednesday's workout -

Squat - 195 x 3 x 5
Bench - 185 x 3 x 5
Dead Lift - 230 x 3 x 5
Incline DB - 60's x 3 x 5
Chins - BW x 12
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 8

Today's workout was pretty disapointing. I was tired and stressed because of school tuition being due tomorrow. I was a little shy with funds so I was distracted. But luckily got it all taken care of today. I just felt lazy today. Squats were great, and bench wasn't too bad, but when it came time to DL I dunno what came over me. I just didn't feel lifting heavy, so I settled for 230 x 3 x 5. It probably has to due with stress, lack of sleep, and poor diet. But I'm getting it all in check 2morrow.

Twirl
08-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Fridays workout -

Squat - 190 x 3 x 5
OH Press - 130 x 3 x 5
Pendelum Rows - 155 x 3 x 5
Hang Clings - 95 x 3 x 5
OH DB Press - 55's x 3 x 5

My legs were still a little tight so my squats weren't as strong as they could have been. But my OH Press was awsome, a 15lb jump in like 4 days crazy! I guess the work-out is all starting to come together and compliment one another. The pendelum rows were ok but I was really focused on trying the hang clings so I kinda rushed through these. I went light on this in order to check it out and not overwork myself. I love these things, I'm going to cut out the rows next week and just focus on these =). My diet is still shiet but it's a process, i'm just getting into a consistent routine. We'll see what the future brings =D

Twirl
08-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Well it's Sunday and I took the day off from practice b/c I got shietty last night in celebration. But man even two days later I'm still amazed at the work-out the hang clings gave my traps. I don't notice the soreness so much in my upper back though and that kinda worries me.... if this is the case, should I just switch it up every other week with the bent rows/pendelum rows?

Twirl
08-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Tuesday - my gym membership ran up, and I'm a little broke so I've switched my routines up a bit. Doing a lot of BW and plyo work, made a make shift sand bag. These work-outs will have to do untill I catch up on my bills. My diet has been so so I'm up to 184-185 so that's good. As far as personal growth I'm smoking more than ever for some reason and I'm still going out drinking quite often. Granted I'm only 22 and in college but still, I'm broke b/c of that ****. You know how you work 5 days a week and make just enough to be broke? Yea I have that down pact. Oh well the semester just started so I'm sure I can convince my girl that we need to start staying in more often.

Twirl
08-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Wednesdays workout -

Well I went to the gym to play raquet ball and talked to the head lady and she's letting me make payments on my membership which is awsome =). So unfortunately the sandbags I made I don't need anymore lol. Maybe I'll find use for them somewhere. It's strange, everytime I take a few day break from everything in total I go up in weight. Hmmm... not my weight, but in my lifts.

Squat - 200 x 3 x 5
OH Press - 135 x 3 x 5
Hang Clings - 125 x 3 x 5

Well I need to add Reverse Grip BB rows to this day b/c I love the hang clings but they feel like they only work my traps (which is awsome, but I need get more work on my upperback). The squats felt good, I'm able to travel all the way down, way past parrallel and sit there for a sec. then lift. ( I love being able to go so low) I'm still not eating enough so I'm really not gaining any weight, just getting stronger which im somewhat alright with. But someone the other day at work made a comment how it looks like I'm getting bigger, which is crazy b/c like I said I'm not gaining much weight, im at 184 but i'm now much stronger.

Twirl
08-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Monday's workout -

Bench - 195 x 3 x 5
Squat - 200 x 3 x 5
Incline BP - 155 x 3 x 5
DL's - 265 x 3 x 5

Started at the gym behind my school today, it's much cleaner and tidier than my previous gym, same company just diff. location. I overslept and forgot to eat substantially before class today. I ended up only have a banana, a couple cups of coffee omw, and a couple homemade peanut butter granola bars. But worked out and felt pretty good, a little hungry but good. My squats were solid, and I felt comfortable going all the way down past parallel and had spring coming up. DL's were a little shaky but my back wasn't rounded out like last time. (I asked a trainer to watch me) But I ate great after, a 1400 cal shake, 88g protein, and 2 huge bubba burgers ( 1000 cal ) So I think I made up for it, but next time I'll eat some oatmeal before class.

philly08
08-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Nice workout man, looking real strong. It's hard to believe I've got 10-15 lbs. on you at the same height but you've got those way bigger numbers! Props on that hearty PWO meal too, sounds real yummy.

Just out of curiosity, are your goals in terms of 1 set of 5 or 3 sets of 5?

Twirl
08-25-2008, 09:46 PM
thanks for stoppin in man, my numbers are doin alright considering my lack of sleep and sparatic diet. I won't be satisfied till I hit my goals though, but I'm just not gaining any weight. But I've already asnwered the question as to why. I want to hit 210 or so and cut to 195 to 200 for spring break =). I've started back to school and they have a really nice gym behind it and a great smoothie bar next to it so I can hit nice pwo meals each week. I expect to see some true results in a month of so. As for my rep goals yes, all the goals in my sig are 3x5, don't want to half ass a goal considering it's how the work-out is planned to do 3x5 why stray?

Twirl
08-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Wednesdays workout -

Squat - 205 x 3 x 5
Clings - 135 x 3 x 5
Standing OH press - 140 x 3 x 5

Added weight all over today was a great feeling. I think it has to do with my diet as of recent maybe, who knows.

Twirl
08-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Friday's Workout -

Bench - 200 x 3 x 5
Incline BB BP - 155 x 3 x 5
Squat - 210 x 3 x 5
DL - 275 x 3 x 5

woo hoo good work out (don't feel like writing lol)

Twirl
08-31-2008, 12:52 PM
well I know it's not a work day so there's no real updates that need to be made other than the fact that after my 2nd meal today (both of which really weren't all that great as far as calorie count go) I weighed myself and to my surprise it read 188lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think if I binge two/three more meals today I think I can hit 190 for the first time ever tonight or in the next few days, im excited. Unfortunately when I woke up this morning after my piss I was 183.8lbs lol. Love my body...... Oh well I've only really been at this program and worrying about it necessarily for about a month and a half so I've made decent gains I think with minimal effort. Bench + 35lbs Squat + 45lbs DL + 90lbs! weight + 10lbs! Like I said.. minimal effort, lack of sleep, poor diet, still smoking. Rippetoe's is a great program and I hope anybody thinking about it see's my progress and gets a little motivated and jumps on board. I'm well on my way to my goal weight which is 220 and cutting to 205 or so.. we'll see. I do want to hit a 1000lb total by spring break. I know that will take a lot more effort outside of the gym and I understand that but it will be difficult but I think I can do it. Hell I've even started thinking about running and getting back into true playing shape for maybe trying out a collegiate sport, basketball, soccer, or maybe even football who knows (i've played one preseason of varsity football in high school then quit b/c I made the all state team in soccer, but I was a good reciever and free safety so who knows what next year may involve.) Today I really noticed a pain in my chest and shortness of breath which is scary b/c I look so healthy on the outside, but I garuntee (im a terrible speller) that my insides look like a compost heap from the drinking and smoking. So I have to figure out how to get motivated to start getting this tar out of my lungs. Unfortunately it's hard to see making it through a day sanely with no cigs or even pot, I feel like my temper may get the better of me. But that again is just an excuse. One of these days I'm going to take some progress pics before I change to much.

K im done, I just felt like ranting.

Twirl
09-01-2008, 10:58 AM
:swear: back to 184lbs :swear:

Twirl
09-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Wednesdays workout -

BP - 195 x 3 x 5
Incline BB BP - 160 x 3 x 5
Squat - 215 x 3 x 5
Hang clings - 135 x 3 x 5
DL - 295 x 3 x 5 !
Weighted Dips - BW + 45 x 3 x 8

Also pulled 315 x 1

I dunno I had a fire lit under my ass this morning for some reason. Actually it's because I woke up this morning and after my piss I weighed 185.6 which I am stoked about. I generally wake up weighing 180-182 or somewhere around there. So I figured I'd push it today =). Everything felt awsome! ..... Except for my flat bench. It just felt really heavy today and I went down in weight. Oh well it was still a good workout regardless.

Twirl
09-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Well I knew that my stamina wasn't really where it needed to be to play a collegiate sport. I've smoked cigs and pot daily just about since I was about 16 (im 22 now) so I knew it would suffer. It was always my weak point playing hs sports but I continued to smoke, I never did anything about it. I would run my ass off at practice then smoke my brains out afterwards. Well today was the first day I really thought about the fact that I want to go back and play something. I'm quick as hell and very agile so I figured I was good. Well it was embarassing, I went out for a jog a little bit ago, and only ran about 500m and dammit man. I was breathing hard, wheezing and getting light headed as I was begging for the finish line. Granted my pace was quick but, it's time to change my habits for the first time in my life. My smoking on both ends has got to stop b/c I'm sure if I never picked up either I would be finishing my senior year in college playing some for of sport if not be a 2 sport athlete. I'm tired of wheezing in the gym, and tired of having a cloudy head all day, tired of slurring my words because I'm stoned, tired of spending money on nothing and constantly being broke and not knowing why, tired of not living up to my potential and pissing away what the good lord gave me.

What do I do though, I haven't gone a day without either for about 6 years. I have a good amount of free-time on my hands at the moment as I am only taking 2 classes MWF and I don't work until later in the afternoon. When bored I generally just go to the back porch and smoke and zone out to some tv. What does one do to keep busy? ........ I can tell these next few weeks are gonna suck. But I tell you what, for the bulking contest you boys are in trouble, b/c once I stop smoking watch out for the major poundage to be packed on effortlessly. (hopefully)

Twirl
09-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Fridays workout -

Squat - 225 x 3 x 5
Bent Row - 175 x 3 x 5
Standing OH Press - 135 x 3 x 5
Hang Clings - 140 x 3 x 5
Chins - BW x 3 x 15

All in all a good workout, squat is feeling great. Full rom all the way past parallel =D. The bent row and clings are feeling great too, I can actually see my traps and back growing before my eyes. Ill be posting a pic in the next few days for before and after photos for the Bulk contest and my own benefit. I need to find a belt so I can add weight to my chins and dips asap. Oh well, im ready for the weekend, school and work are draining me.

Twirl
09-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Mondays workout -

Bench Press - 200 x 3 x 5
Squat - 225 x 3 x 5
Incline BB Press - 165 x 3 x 5
Dips - BW + 45 x 2 x 10
DL - 335 x 3 x 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went over my goal by 20lbs today =). Focused a little anger I had from this weekend into my lifts. It's amazing what a little fury and focus can do for ones lifts. I was amazed when I snatched it up today, I'm certain i'll have 345 on friday. My BP was nice and solid and plan to move up on friday as well. Hell all my lifts felt awsome and I want to go up 5-10 lbs in everything =). I'm not gaining weight, just lifting apparently lol. Man it's crazy, less than 2 months ago I set some goals for myself and I have now reached one of the 1 of the 4, I assume i'll hit the rest of them within the next couple months or so. I have set a new DL goal which I assume I'll probably hit the same time as the rest of the goals.

Now I just gotta figure out how to gain weight for the contest and myself lol.

McLaughlin
09-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Well I knew that my stamina wasn't really where it needed to be to play a collegiate sport. I've smoked cigs and pot daily just about since I was about 16 (im 22 now) so I knew it would suffer. It was always my weak point playing hs sports but I continued to smoke, I never did anything about it. I would run my ass off at practice then smoke my brains out afterwards. Well today was the first day I really thought about the fact that I want to go back and play something. I'm quick as hell and very agile so I figured I was good. Well it was embarassing, I went out for a jog a little bit ago, and only ran about 500m and dammit man. I was breathing hard, wheezing and getting light headed as I was begging for the finish line. Granted my pace was quick but, it's time to change my habits for the first time in my life. My smoking on both ends has got to stop b/c I'm sure if I never picked up either I would be finishing my senior year in college playing some for of sport if not be a 2 sport athlete. I'm tired of wheezing in the gym, and tired of having a cloudy head all day, tired of slurring my words because I'm stoned, tired of spending money on nothing and constantly being broke and not knowing why, tired of not living up to my potential and pissing away what the good lord gave me.

What do I do though, I haven't gone a day without either for about 6 years. I have a good amount of free-time on my hands at the moment as I am only taking 2 classes MWF and I don't work until later in the afternoon. When bored I generally just go to the back porch and smoke and zone out to some tv. What does one do to keep busy? ........ I can tell these next few weeks are gonna suck. But I tell you what, for the bulking contest you boys are in trouble, b/c once I stop smoking watch out for the major poundage to be packed on effortlessly. (hopefully)

That's awesome that you're fixing to quit. It won't be easy but you've got the right idea with the 'keeping busy' attitude.

1 thing you could do is spend more time in the gym... even if running is difficult you could spend 20-30 mins on the exercise bike and have some benefits.

Another will be to stat reading... might sound lame, but that's what I do.. Spend like 30 mins or an hour reading sometimes 2 or 3 hours, all depending on what I'm reading and how much free time I have. Doesn't have to be books either, there's tons and tons of info online whether it's about lifting or anything else, just read about stuff that interests you, maybe take some pot money and subscribe to a couple magazines or something.

Not sure if you're into video games, but they're an excellent time waster.

You could go to the beach... you're in Florida right? I'd be swimming all the time if I could. Or even just going with some friends and throwing the frisbee or football around.

Make something with your hands. It might sound odd, but it helps to be able to do something, invest time in something, and then see a positive end-result. Whether it's a puzzle, or whatever else, working with your hands is beneficial.

That's about all I could come up with on the spot, hopefully it helps. Good luck with the quitting, it's not going to be easy, but I think it'll be the best thing you could do for yourself at this point. (since you're already working out)

As for the lifts... dang man you took off like crazy. Keep up the good work and all that, seems like you've got this down real well.

Twirl
09-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks Will, at least we read each others journals if nobodys else does lol. I appreciate the support on the smoking. I'm going to try what you said for the bike, and reading part. I'm just an extremely angry person and times and easy to frusterate, so I'm scared I might snap if I quit, im really worried about that. Guess I'll go to the doctor and see what he has to say. Moving on lol

Wednesdays Workout -

Squat - 230 x 3 x 5
Bent Rows - 175 x 3 x 5
Standing OH Press - 135 x 3 x 5
Hang Clings - 145 x 3 x 5

Well I didn't feel like I could get 235 today comfortably so I stuck with low and slow at 230. I just want to make sure I get full ROM and get all the way down. The OG press is frusterarting lol I have been stuck here for a bit, I dunno. Maybe if I add standing OH DB's it could make it a little easier who knows, we'll see. I'm really happy with my hang clings and bent row though. My back is sky rocketing in strength it seems like. Oh well, man I need to get pics before I change too much lol, I really want to be able to compare and get criticism on my physic.

On a side note, I just need to get this off my chest. At my gym there is this woman who appears to be in her late 40's mid 50's even maybe, and dammit man! She's a hot hispanic lady with a killer body that is fit as hell. I catch her looking at me sometimes, or maybe that's her catching me looking. Maybe it's a combination of the two (hopefully lol). I definately want to tame that damn cougar though in the worst way lol. Sorry had to get it out.

Twirl
09-14-2008, 08:23 PM
fridays workout -

BP - 205 x 3 x 5
Squat - 235 x 3 x 5
DL - 345 x 3 x 5
Incline Bench - 170 x 3 x 5

Twirl
09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Monday's Workout -

Squat - 235 x 3 x 5
Bent Row - 185 x 3 x 5
Hang cling - 145 x 3 x 5
OH Press - 135 x 3 x 5

Twirl
09-15-2008, 06:59 PM
echo echo echo ::cricket cricket::

McLaughlin
09-16-2008, 04:22 AM
Hey man, sorry, was out of town for the weekend & not online at all.

As for anger, not real sure how to manage that other than to get past the first week or two. After that it should get easier.

As for your lifts, keep up the good work, my lazy ass didn't get to the gym all weekend, so you'll be wooping me in no time on squats at this rate.

And lastly, in regards to the cougar... tame her ;) (maybe would help with anger management... haha)

Twirl
09-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Wednesdays workout -

Bench Press - 210 x 3 x 5
Squat - 240 x 3 x 5
DL - 335 x 3 x 5
Hang cling/Front squat - 145 x 3 x 5

Twirl
09-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Fridays workout -

Squat - 240 x 3 x 5
Bent Row - 185 x 3 x 5
Hang cling - 145 x 3 x 5
OH Press - 140 x 3 x 5

Twirl
09-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Unfortunately I've been sick these past few days so I missed todays workout and mondays too. Diet has been a little surpressed b/c I can't keep much down at the moment unfortunately. I feel a lot better today, still a little tired/worn out for some reason, but I should be ok tomorrow or the day after. Bad thing is, I have lost a little bit of weight. Good thing is, is the official weigh in is friday for the bulk contest lol.

McLaughlin
09-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Sorry to hear you've been sick, hopefully it doesn't affect things too much for ya. I'm excited for the contest to "officially" start, even if I've been eating like a monster lately. Shooting for 3700 calories a day, we'll see how long I can keep it up. Turns out that by drinking 1/2 gallon of whole milk a day it's a lot easier than I thought.

Do you have a goal weight in mind for the end of this? I'm hoping for 215.

McLaughlin
09-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Hey man, hit a new PR on bench today... my current is almost up to where you started... rofl.

You back in the gym yet? Maybe this weekend?

Edit:
Come on now...

Don't make me come down there and drag your ass to the gym.

Twirl
10-14-2008, 07:39 PM
last fridays workout -

Bench - 205 x 3 x 5
Squat 225 x 3 x 5
DL - 285 x 3 x 5

It had been a week or two since I had been in the gym and didn't want to overdo anything, so I took it slow and kept it light.

Tonights workout -

I went to my first mma class tonight and had a blast. Now remember I am still a smoker, quiting is always on my mind but just trying to transfer thought into action. Anyways, first hour was a kickboxing style cardio, a lot of running, jump roping, medicine ball work, and heavy bag kicks. I definately felt a little winded during/after this but I could see it on the others faces too so it gave me a little motivation to keep it up. The last two hours were jujitsu work. The cardio was **** compared to this. Worked on different ways to pass guard and work sidemount for an hr or so. Then moved onto just going at it for submission. I was obviously with the beginners (I have no experience in this), but I remembered what I had seen and been seeing so it was a good time. I got the first kid quickly with an arm bar and the second kid and I just wore each other out not being able to budge the other. All in all I can't wait to go back tomorrow night. Wish I didn't have to work so I could attend all week, but have to pay the bills.

McLaughlin
10-15-2008, 06:01 AM
last fridays workout -

Bench - 205 x 3 x 5
Squat 225 x 3 x 5
DL - 285 x 3 x 5

It had been a week or two since I had been in the gym and didn't want to overdo anything, so I took it slow and kept it light.

Tonights workout -

I went to my first mma class tonight and had a blast. Now remember I am still a smoker, quiting is always on my mind but just trying to transfer thought into action. Anyways, first hour was a kickboxing style cardio, a lot of running, jump roping, medicine ball work, and heavy bag kicks. I definately felt a little winded during/after this but I could see it on the others faces too so it gave me a little motivation to keep it up. The last two hours were jujitsu work. The cardio was **** compared to this. Worked on different ways to pass guard and work sidemount for an hr or so. Then moved onto just going at it for submission. I was obviously with the beginners (I have no experience in this), but I remembered what I had seen and been seeing so it was a good time. I got the first kid quickly with an arm bar and the second kid and I just wore each other out not being able to budge the other. All in all I can't wait to go back tomorrow night. Wish I didn't have to work so I could attend all week, but have to pay the bills.

Hey buddy, glad to see you back in the gym. I sure wish I could do 205lb bench and "keep it light" haha. Also your deads are nice and strong too. Only place I'm keeping up is on Squats I think, and I'm even failing lately on those due to bad form. I really need to pick a routine and stick with it.

Glad to hear the MMA was so much fun, I'm definitely going to have to look into that around here, even if it was only a couple nights a week it'd be fun stuff from the sound of it. (At least if they ran it anything like yours down there).

Keep up the good work, maybe between the lifting and now the MMA practicing it'll be the extra motivation you need to quit smoking.

Twirl
10-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Wednesdays workout -

Had classes again tonight. Man... what a humbeling experience tonight lol.

jump rope - 3 x 5min. sess.

3 set Circuits -

10, 15, 20 pull ups
10, 15, 20 ab rollers
20, 25, 30 push ups
3 x 10 x 95 standing oh press
10, 15, 20 burpies
3 x 10 x 95 upright rows
20, 25, 30 hindu push-ups
50's x 3 laps farmers walks

after this I was truly spent (so I thought), then with a 5 min. break we moved onto jujitsu again tonight. Mainly ways of getting out of guard and half guard. Tonight the main guy Tom was there as the instructor, he made Jesse's night look like a break. So we went 3 2min. rounds rotating top and bottom of getting out and holding guard. Now last night I was with the beginers and was able to do a little better, but tonight was a rude awakening. Being gassed already, found my partner tonight (who was cool as hell, and extremely helpful) 6'6" and weighed 255lbs and been doing it a good while. Which us being the same height made it awsome to figure things out. After this I was shaking trying to hold myself in diff. positions. I had NOTHING left. Then we went into abc free wrestling drills, a vs. b, b vs. c, a vs. c, well it was me and the big guy, then this guy that must have only weighed 165 or so. After going my 2 min. with the big guy I barely had strength to do anything but breathe. Then it was me and Nick the smaller guy, which I thought I would get a little break with him, well Nick kicked my ass upsidedown, sideways and backwards lol. I tapped 3 times in the 2 min. I was with him, almost threw up. Well I went through 2 sess. of this / getting my ass kicked, I was so gassed it was rediculous. I HATE SMOKING, AND THE FACT THAT I DID IT FOR SO MANY YEARS! Oh well I learned a lot tonight... I think... now I work all the way through the weekend so I won't be able to go back until sunday morning which I figure I'll do strength and cardio until then and try and prepare for the upcoming sessions. Strangely enough I'm at 190 now which is a gain of 3 lbs as of monday. Oh well stay tuned, maybe I can get my shots in sunday =D.

Oh yea, everything hurts.

McLaughlin
10-17-2008, 08:00 AM
That's so awesome, I'd love to have a class like that to go to.

Keep up the good work man, and maybe this will be the last push you need to officially quit smoking :D

Twirl
12-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Wednesdays workout -

OH Press - 155 x 3 x 5
Squats - 265 x 3 x 5
Rack Pulls - 365 x 3 x 5
Weighted pull ups - BW + 45 x 3 x 10

Twirl
12-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Fridays workout -

Bench - 240 x 3 x 5
DL - 355 x 3 x 5
Squat - 275 x 3 x 5
Chins - BW x 3 x 15

Twirl
12-10-2008, 05:25 AM
Mondays workout -

OH Press - 160 x 3 x 5
Squat - 295 x 3 x 5
Rack Pulls - 375 x 3 x 5

Twirl
12-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Wednesdays workout -

BP - 245 x 3 x 3
Squat - 295 x 3 x 5
DL - 365 x 3 x 5

Twirl
12-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Thursdays workout (accessory day) -

Chins - BW x 5 x 15
Dips - BW x 5 x 15
Skull crushers - 110 x 3 x 5
Decline BP - 255 x 3 x 3

Was just feeling frisky tonight, plus I was relieving some exam tension before I started studying again.

Twirl
12-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Mondays workout -

BP - 245 x 3 x 3
DL - 345 x 3 x 3
Squat - 295 x 3 x 5

Wednesdays workout -

OH Press - 155 x 3 x 5
Squat - 295 x 3 x 5
Rack Pulls - 420 x 3 x 5
DB shoulder press - 70's x 3 x 5

Twirl
12-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Thursdays workout -

Decline - 240 x 3 x 3
Bent rows - 185 x 3 x 5
Incline DB Press - 70's x 3 x 5
Skull Crushers - 110 x 3 x 5

Just another frisky accessory day, was bored so I went to the gym.

Twirl
12-20-2008, 02:19 PM
saturdays workout -

Bench Press - 235 x 3 x 5
Hang Clings - 165 x 3 x 5
Squats - 295 x 3 x 5

half assed but effective... I think

Twirl
12-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Mondays workout -

OH Press - 160 x 3 x 5
Decline BP - 255 x 3 x 3
Squat - 295 x 3 x 5
chins - bw x 3 x 15
Skull crushers - 105 x 3 x 5
DB shoulder press - 65's x 3 x 5

Skipped Wed. because I was last minute christmas shopping and I had to work. Made up for it in the volume of food I ate.

Oh yea, forgot my rant.....I weighed myself this morning after my deuce and I was down to 182!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My lifts aren't suffering really, but I don't think I'm gaining as fast as if my diet was in check. You guys ever seen some1 at 6'5 182 5% bf ? I don't look that thin as I'm really solid, just not big. Pics to come.

Twirl
12-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Fridays workout -

Squat - 295 x 3 x 5
Rack Pulls - 420 x 3 x 5
Bench Press - 245 x 3 x 3
Incline DB Press - 70's x 3 x 8

man has it gotten quiet in here since McLaughin left .... ::cricket cricket:: ALLLLLLLLLL BBBYYYYYYYYYYYY MYYYYYYYYSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFFF

Twirl
01-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Wednesdays workout

Squat 305 x 3 x 5

ME Squat - 315 x 1 x 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only had 30 min. to workout before work so I just tried to set a new bar for myself in squats before the new year.

Twirl
01-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Saturdays workout -

Rack pulls - 425 x 3 x 5
Squats - 335 x 3 x 5
BP - 245 x 3 x 5
Hang cleans - 160 x 3 x 5

Twirl
01-04-2009, 10:15 AM
no comments huh

Twirl
01-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Mondays workout -

Front Squats - 185 x 3 x 5
Back Squats - 335 x 3 x 5
OH Press - 165 x 3 x 3

Skipped power cleans today because my back is still really sore from Saturday. Oh well deads on Wednesday anyway.

Twirl
01-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Wednesdays workout -

Bench - 245 x 3 x 3
Incline BB Bp - 185 x 3 x 5
DL's - 405 x 3 x 5

Skipped squats today because I have a try-out on sat. and sunday for a new team for this season and want to have fresh legs. Same goes for friday (today) no legs, they need rest.

Twirl
01-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Fridays workout -

Rack pull - 425 x 3 x 3
Chins - BW x 3 x 15
OH BB Press - 165 x 3 x 3
Hang Clings - 165 x 3 x 5
BO Row - 185 x 3 x 5

Still resting my legs for tomorrow, wish me luck tomorrow guys.

McLaughlin
01-22-2009, 07:26 AM
**** man you're really tearing it up, keep up the good work.

Oh and... I'm back, by the way :D

Twirl
01-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Oh ****! He lives lol! Yea things were going pretty good for a while. They would be better if I could eat more. The last two weeks have been rough because I pulled my quad at practice almost 2 weeks ago, and I'm terrified to go back into the gym for fear of f'ing myself up and having to miss phoenix (paintball tourney in feb). Oh well maybe I'll try to do some light upper body work 2morrow.

mattburns
01-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Just had a quick look at your journal. Some good numbers up there for your weight mate well done. Get back on it, if you've pulled your quad you can still do upper body! :)

Twirl
01-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Just playing it safe, I have a paintball tournament in Phoenix in a couple weeks, and I can't afford to re-injure myself. Maybe tomorrow morning i'll do some dynamic effort work.

Twirl
02-02-2009, 06:21 AM
Alright, well I took the weekend off as well from the gym as well as practice. It sucks sitting on the sidelines just watching. And I spent sunday actually in an out patient clinic hooked up to an IV of fluids b/c of food poisoning I'm guessing (that was fun). But I feel a whole lot better today, my stomach isn't bothering me, and my legs feel pretty loose so I'm going to hit up the gym a little later today. I'm going to start the 30lbs in 30days routine today. Just something different I guess to get re-motivated =).

Week 1 -

MONDAY:
Bench Press - 3 x 65% x 3 reps (160lbs)
Skull Crushers - 2 x 10
Triceps Pushdowns 1 x 10
Squat 2 x 5
Lat Pulldown (curl grip) 2 x 10
Calf Raise 2 x 10, to failure
Machine Ab-Crunch 2 x 10, to failure

WEDNESDAY:
Bench Press 2 x 75% x 3 reps (185lbs)
Triceps Pushdown 1 x 10
Deadlift - 2 x 3
Ab-Crunch 2 x 10, to failure

FRIDAY:
Bench Press 2 x 85% x 2 reps (210lbs)
Dumbbell Bench Press - 1 x 30 or more reps, to failure
Skull Crushers 2 x 8
Triceps Pushdowns 1 x 10
Leg Press 2 x 6
Lat Pulldown (curl grip) 2 x 10
Calf Raise 2 x 10, to failure
Ab-Crunch 2 x 10, to failure

Ill be starting entering my starting 1RM at 245 we'll just say I guess. (I was at 255-260 or so a few weeks ago) I will actually be tracking my caloric intake and will be adding some supplements (smart gainer, whey, vitamins ect. ect.) We'll see how it pays off. I'm guessing at the end of the 4 weeks I'll push ....hmm...275? ::crosses fingers:: guess we'll see huh?

Twirl
02-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Mondays workout -

Bench Press - 170 x 3 x 5
Skull crushers - 70 x 2 x 10 (w/o bar weight)
Tricep push down - 100 x 2 x 10
Squat - 135 x 3 (leg still hurts) I was curious if my leg was ok enough, but definately not.
Lat Pulldown - 220 x 3 x 10
abs - failure

I dunno first time with this layout, bp felt light, but it's progressive. So we'll see i guess.

Twirl
02-03-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm just upset that I couldn't squat really. It just seemed too tight, and I didn't want to test it really. I can't risk injuring it further with Phoenix in about 2 weeks. I'm going to go hang out on the elliptical sometime today to try and loosen it up and bit before my foam rolling and stretching. Oh well, today marked the true re-start of my bulk, i'm eating like crazy, and felt like I was gonna puke twice. But to gain like you guys I guess this is what it takes. I feel bloated and really lethargic almost, does this feeling go away as my stomach stretches?

Twirl
02-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Wednesdays workout -

Bench Press - 190 x 3 x 3
Tricep pushdowns - 2 x 10
Rack Pulls - 405 x 3 x 3 (did these as opposed to dl's b/c my quad is still a little tender)

...I miss squatting =(

Twirl
02-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Saturdays workout -

Bench Press - 215 x 3 x 3
Incline DB - 50's x 1 x failure
Skull crushers - 70 x 2 x 10 (w/o bar weight)
Tricep pushdowns - 2 x 10
Lat Pulldowns - 220 x 2 x 10

Short day, and the rest of the work-out (minus the abs) required leg work which I'm not comfortable doing just quite yet. I still want to try and play in Phoenix, I played a little today (Sunday), and have 1 1/2 weeks to loosen these quads so I'm letting them rest. So I have to skip the leg workouts for now (pissed).

Twirl
02-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Mondays workout -

Bench Press - 180 x 3 x 3
Skull Crushers - 70 x 2 x 10 (w/o bar)
Tricep push down - 3 x 8
Chins - BW + 45 x 3 x 10
Abs - 3 x failure (various versions)

Bw 185.8

Twirl
02-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Thursdays workout -

Bench Press - 205 x 3 x 3
Tricep Pushdown - 3 x 10
Incline DB Press - 65's x 2 x 8
Rack Pulls - 425 x 3 x 3
Chins - BW + 45 x 2 x 10

(kinda a modified 30 in 30 workout...) I was feeling frisky

Twirl
02-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Hurt myself at practice again this past weekend so I'm going to take it easy for a few weeks. I can't afford to miss another tournament or exhibition/clinic that we put on. (I have pulled/torn quads btw)

McLaughlin
05-08-2009, 03:25 PM
You still come to this site?

Twirl
06-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Friday's workout -

Bench - 225 x 2 x 5
225 x 1 x 4

Squat - 205 x 3 x 5

DL - 315 x 3 x 5

Low squat numbers bc im trying to get my flexibility back and go as low and slow as possible with proper form. I guess a deload situation with squats . Oh well, maybe if I get out of dinner in enough time and have enough energy I'll head to the gym for a bit. If not I'll go tomorrow morning, but dammit man i really need to start sleeping and eating right. I'm doing horrible on both of those factors since I got back from vacation and I've run out of half my stuff so I need to make an order too.

McLaughlin
06-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey man lookin good. Sounds like a good plan for squats, I did the same thing and it helped a ton. You're wiping the floor with me though on bench and deads, I've got to figure something out. Good luck getting some sleep though, sounds like you've been pretty busy.

Also, I did look up those videos, they're pretty damn sweet. Makes me want to try paintball sometime.

Twirl
06-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Wednesdays workout -

OH Press - 135 x 3 x 5
BB Rows - 185 x 3 x 5
Squat - 205 x 3 x 5

I did a good amount of warm-ups for these too, but again im just starting slow and making sure to get full range of motion. Oh well, we'll see how it works out. I'm going to up in squats and oh press the next work-out. Im still not eating or sleeping enough, and now that I'm pretty much out of supplements im down on those too. Man I'm just slacking on everything lately really.

McLaughlin
06-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Man I wish my pressing and rows were what yours are, even if I do still have ya on squats ;)

Good to see you working out again, keep it up!

Twirl
09-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Been quite a few months since I hit the gym. I finalle woke up and realized today that I was underweight and severly unhappy. It has begun to affect my attitude towards all aspects of my life and is affecting work. It's time for a change for the better, I am tired of being tired and unhappy all the time. I haven't played paintball in close to 6-7 months, I lost the girl I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with last week and things are just falling apart. Time to get everything back in order!

Squats - 155 x 3 x 5
Leg Press - 200 x 3 x 8
Leg Curl - 90 x 3 x 8
1 Leg Extension - 60 x 3 x 8

Twirl
09-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Wednesdays workout -

Flat Bench - 165 x 3 x 5
Incline fly's - 25's x 3 x 8
Skull Crushers - 50 + ezcurl x 3 x 8
Incline BP - 145 x 3 x 5
Tricep pulldown - 60 x 3 x 8

Weight - 188lbs (with shoes on) I need to get a battery for my digital scale, this is a rough estimate so maybe next week I'll have a better handle on it. I am looking to bulk to about 215-220lbs or so. I'm moving to Laguna Bch, Cali. come January 1. I would like to gain as much weight as possible by that time. I have some before pictures on the first page which not much has really changed bc of my injury but my strength has diminished substantially. But i'm going to post some newer ones tomorrow or sometime soon.

McLaughlin
09-29-2009, 06:47 AM
What's up buddy? Sorry to hear about your loss, but glad to hear you're back in the gym.

I fell off the wagon back in July planning a move and wedding and all that. But now that I'm settled in TX it's about time I start hitting the weights again too.

Stick with it, I'm starting to get the same feeling you talked about, tired and unhappy more often than not, and it's definitely affecting my work, so I know where you're coming from there too.

Twirl
09-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Back on the SS wagon since I saw the best gains from there, and I'm basically starting from scratch again. So all the weights are low for a reason, making progress every workout.

Fl. Bench - 165 x 3 x 5
DL - 155 x 3 x 5
Dips - BW x 3 x 10
Squats - 165 x 3 x 5

Twirl
10-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Thursdays workout -

OH Press - 105 x 3 x 5
Bent Rows - 135 x 3 x 5
HC's - 95 x 3 x 5
Squats - 175 x 3 x 5

I need to keep track of my numbers better, I repreated the 105lb workout for my oh press was supposed to and could have gone up in weight. Oh well, next time I guess hah.

Twirl
10-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Saturdays workout -

BW - 184.8lbs hmmm a lot lower than I'd hoped. Oh well time to eat!

BP - 175 x 3 x 5
DL - 185 x 3 x 5
Squat - 175 x 2 x 5
185 x 3 x 5 didn't get low enough on these, I'll try again Tuesday...
Dips - BW x 3 x 10

McLaughlin
10-07-2009, 07:47 AM
What's up man? You been in the gym since Saturday??

I'll be getting my membership started within 2-3 weeks, just waiting on the wife to get a job.

Keep up the good work, it's good to see you're lifting again.

Twirl
10-12-2009, 08:45 AM
lol yea man, I went on Monday and forgot to update. Then I left on Wednesday (my bday) for a mini vacation of foolish shananagins =) Was too drunk so I took off friday too. But it's monday and back on it. Congrats on the move and wife man! Hows the weight coming along?

Twirl
10-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Mondays Workout -

BP - 185 x 3 x 5
Squat - 185 x 3 x 5
DL - 205 x 3 x 5

Had a lot more in the tank on all 3, but I figured it's a progressive routine so why rush to a plateau?

McLaughlin
10-12-2009, 10:45 AM
lol yea man, I went on Monday and forgot to update. Then I left on Wednesday (my bday) for a mini vacation of foolish shananagins =) Was too drunk so I took off friday too. But it's monday and back on it. Congrats on the move and wife man! Hows the weight coming along?

Happy birthday man, shananagins are where the funtimes are.

Weight is... 180-185ish? I'm not sure since we don't have a scale. Also haven't really worked out since July when I was in here before. Good news is I'll be getting my membership within the next 5 days, so I can start hard n heavy next week.

My goal is to bulk to about 215-220 or so and see how I feel. Got all my goals listed in sig, and from the feedback I got they shouldn't be too hard to attain. My biggest problem in the past has been consistency, so hopefully this time nothing comes along to **** with that.

Mondays Workout -

BP - 185 x 3 x 5
Squat - 185 x 3 x 5
DL - 205 x 3 x 5

Had a lot more in the tank on all 3, but I figured it's a progressive routine so why rush to a plateau?

Looks good, and you make a good point. Why rush to plateau?! Makes me think of my own progress before... I was ramping up, but I rushed right up to the plateau and got discouraged I think, at least with my benching this was the case.

Twirl
10-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Yea, I ended up getting hurt again and running into some bad times. It's amazing after a quad injury how far your squat plumets. It's depressing really, my hips got so tight and are so sore after squatting now it's pathetic lol! Oh well, I want a lean 210 or so before I make the move to Cali. Which I think I can do it! I'm cutting back/and working on the whole not smoking thing again, and eating a lot more consistantly again. I just need to throw in one or two more shakes in.... But I've only been at it for a week or so and im up 5lbs, 182 at the start to 187 just now. =) OMW back up.

Twirl
10-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Wednesdays workout -

BB Rows - 160 x 3 x 5
OH Press - 125 x 3 x 5
Front Squat - 135 x 3 x 5

BW - 189lbs !!! (it's amazing how well a person can manage his or her weight with a proper diet and supplementation lol go figure!!!)

Again I had more in the tank for all three but I want to keep my progression moving. Plus this was my first time doing front squats and needless to say I love those bastards. I'm going to start substituting these for my back squats once a week.

Coke
10-16-2009, 08:35 AM
...it's amazing how well a person can manage his or her weight with a proper diet and supplementation lol go figure!!!....

Those are good words man, and so true...glad you're liking the front squats.

Twirl
10-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Fridays workout -

BP - 190 x 3 x 5
DL - 230 x 3 x 5
Sq - 195 x 3 x 5

BW - 189lbs after lunch... I kinda slacked off yesterday.

Twirl
10-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Mondays workout -

OH Press - 135 x 3 x 5
BB Rows - 175 x 3 x 5
Front Squats - 165 x 3 x 5

McLaughlin
10-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Looking good man, your numbers are marching back up there. Mine are in the toilet, but that's what I get for slacking for a year. Tomorrow is squats and deads... hopefully those are at least decent... we'll see I guess.

Keep up the good work though, glad to see you lifting consistently again.

Twirl
10-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Yea, i've got the big 3 tomorrow too. Should be interesting

McLaughlin
10-22-2009, 06:06 AM
I'd just like to say that I wish I was pressing as much as you.... damn.

Twirl
10-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Damn, I missed my wed. and fri. workout this week... sucks.. and my diet has been ****.... (my gym membership expired on tuesday, and im going out of town this weekend so I couldn't spare the cash.) Oh well, I'm just going to focus on eating as much as humanly possible to make up for lost time.

Twirl
10-27-2009, 09:04 AM
missed monday and my weight is down to 184 =\

platypus
11-26-2009, 12:13 PM
What's goin on here?? Renew that gym membership!