PDA

View Full Version : bouncing deads

roots
07-16-2008, 11:19 PM
is it fine to kind of bounce the weight off the floor each time when doing deadlifts? basically touch and go, utilizing the stretch reflex of the muscles. or should i be pausing after each rep?

deeder
07-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Touch and go is fine.. But that is very different from bouncing the weight off the floor.

Ben Moore
07-17-2008, 12:29 AM
If you really want to work on your deadlift strength, pause and reset every rep. If you are training for a dl for reps and it is allowed, then touch and go is fine.

txmike1
07-17-2008, 06:36 AM
The guys at BIG when doing doubles or triples on deads do touch and go without a reset, but a very slight pause at the bottom - i.e. just long enough for the plates to settle

*to clarify, I lift at BIG but I'm not a BIG lifter, the above is based off observation of the team that one day I WILL be part of - payin' my dues and trainin' hard to get there

Guido
07-17-2008, 08:39 AM
I do touch and go sometimes when training reps but you have to be careful not to lose form too badly. If you are just doing it for powerlifting, then resetting between reps is probably the better way to go. Dave Tate recommends the same thing.