PDA

View Full Version : carb sensitivity

Qea
03-25-2002, 08:24 PM
What is carb sensitivity, really?

I keep seeing this being mentioned often but have no clue what it really is.

Personally I can't take too much carbs cuz it bloats me up, makes me lightheaded, and usually my appetite for carbs is quite small.

Does that mean I'm carb sensitive too?

:help:

Maki Riddington
03-25-2002, 08:58 PM
Maybe. I would say that you probally are based on your description of what happens to you.

YatesNightBlade
03-26-2002, 02:45 AM
To me someone who is carb sensitive cannot eat many carbs becasue they become fat.

Budiak
03-26-2002, 03:39 AM
Ummmmm

Explanation please?

I dont think the post was that bad, it was more on topic than most of my posts. I didnt even mention zombies.

Tryska
03-26-2002, 07:00 AM
insulin resistance. carb sensitivity, in some people leads to insulin resistance. meaning your body needs to produce more insulin to set off the recptors that open cells so the insulin can shuttle in glucose. (first brain, then to muscles, then to adipose tissue, once glycogen stores are full). insulin also prohibits fat cells from opening up and letting fat out for fuel. therefore the more insulin you have lfoating aorund in your bloodstream, the less fat you can burn off.

that's the quick and dirty.

YatesNightBlade
03-26-2002, 07:06 AM
Your what ?? Quick and Dirty ...... stop it now. It's a family show.

Tryska
03-26-2002, 07:11 AM
:moon:

the doc
03-26-2002, 07:14 AM
Unfortunately, insulin is also highly anabolic

that is why everyone bulks/cuts

Tryska
03-26-2002, 07:22 AM
agreed.....it's a freakin rock and a hard place.

body
03-26-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
insulin resistance. carb sensitivity, in some people leads to insulin resistance. meaning your body needs to produce more insulin to set off the recptors that open cells so the insulin can shuttle in glucose. (first brain, then to muscles, then to adipose tissue, once glycogen stores are full). insulin also prohibits fat cells from opening up and letting fat out for fuel. therefore the more insulin you have lfoating aorund in your bloodstream, the less fat you can burn off.

that's the quick and dirty.

I 2nd this.