PDA

View Full Version : Double body weight squat plus other vids

CleverName
07-17-2008, 12:50 PM
8cKFPQPLdt4

305lbs @ 148lb BW (or whatever I am right now, don't really know!) Shorts were a bit tight... :redface:

bqaS_U3O1_A

265lbs. Does anyone know of any methods I could do to get a deeper squat? I feel like I should be able to go deeper. :confused:

mhbsc-ankMI

Still working on snatch form! Only 95lbs here.

smokinHawk
07-17-2008, 01:38 PM
that seems deep enough for me.
the only way you probably could go deeper (though i dont think you need to ) is to take a narrower stance.

RedSpikeyThing
07-17-2008, 03:39 PM
nice squatting, great speed on the way down. It really give you a good bounce out of the hole. Those squats are quite deep and in order to go deeper you will likely need a narrower stance and proper squat shoes.

Detard
07-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Deeper? Cut out part of your hamstrings or calves. Dude you are extremely deep already.

Nice squatting and snatches.

bjohnso
07-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Deeper? Cut out part of your hamstrings or calves. Dude you are extremely deep already.

Nice squatting and snatches.

Seriously. Great squat form, very impressive.

How much weight were those overhead squats?

CleverName
07-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Ahh well, I just see some of the pros squat and it seems as though I'm not going as low as they are! Overhead squats were only 95lbs. Gotta get that way up!

Patz
07-17-2008, 08:12 PM
You're squatting about as Ass To Floor as you're physically capable of. That's the depth I call ATF when I ATF squat.

I disagree about the descent. You can damage your knees by bouncing like that. It's a "reversal of the door hinge" effect. I would definitely work on slowing that down a bit, or learn to pop back up before your hamstrings make contact with your calves. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for a blowout.

Otherwise..great job, great form, great depth.

I watched the vids again. Really, the 305 attempt was the only one that made me cringe. The other ones weren't at a scary speed, and the contact was just about right.

Patz
07-17-2008, 08:12 PM
And those overheads were awesome! I can't even do that with a broom handle..LOL

CleverName
07-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Hmmm, I'm not really bouncing though (at least not intentionally); maybe it just looks like it... I guess it couldn't hurt to slow down! Thanks. :D

Chris Rodgers
07-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Nice lifts man. You dive-bombed that squat and came up pretty easy. Put 3 plates on already.

Patz
07-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Hmmm, I'm not really bouncing though (at least not intentionally); maybe it just looks like it... I guess it couldn't hurt to slow down! Thanks. :D

It's probably just the angle. Like I said, the 265's looked fine, so the 305 is probably fine as well, since we're more prone to be careful on the big ones.

Chris is right...you smoked those squats.

CleverName
07-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Nice lifts man. You dive-bombed that squat and came up pretty easy. Put 3 plates on already.

Ah I tried it today but was a bit tired so I missed it. :( Didn't bother uploading it.

CleverName
07-17-2008, 09:18 PM
96ImgNeg08c

Ah, here's the 315 fail anyway. :hello:

samj
07-18-2008, 08:34 AM
unlucky on the fail good spotting though

Ben Moore
07-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Slow your descent just a bit. You put yourself forward on that one. You've still got 315 in you.

Detard
07-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Slow it down a little and I think you could benefit from it. Great spotting from your buddy

bjohnso
07-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Great weight on the overheads. Those things are not easy, lol.

Is there any reason why you are not squatting inside the rack? I'd hate to see you fall backwards with that weight and kill your buddy.

CleverName
07-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Alright, I'll slow it down next time! No particular reason why I squat outside the rack.. I'm just used to it I guess! Plus the things were already on the outside. My spotter knows my lifting well and always knows when I need to spot, so I'm quite fortunate for that! :hello:

Here's some more overhead squatting with 145lbs (about my body weight)!

pEkaju28duw

Fuzzy
07-21-2008, 03:42 AM
You're squatting about as Ass To Floor as you're physically capable of. That's the depth I call ATF when I ATF squat.

I disagree about the descent. You can damage your knees by bouncing like that. It's a "reversal of the door hinge" effect. I would definitely work on slowing that down a bit, or learn to pop back up before your hamstrings make contact with your calves. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for a blowout.

Otherwise..great job, great form, great depth.

I watched the vids again. Really, the 305 attempt was the only one that made me cringe. The other ones weren't at a scary speed, and the contact was just about right.

Agreed, but bouncing is a proper technique and can be learnt and taught properly, the OP was doing them fine.

OP, you have NO shrug at all and you wung the power snatch out by good fit. YOu have traps, USE THEM and keep the bar close to you.

bjohnso
07-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Great overhead squatting, man. Very impressive.

JSully
07-21-2008, 01:43 PM
awesome overhead squats..

I tried them with 95lbs about 6 months ago.. it wasn't pretty..

bjohnso
07-21-2008, 01:56 PM
awesome overhead squats..

I tried them with 95lbs about 6 months ago.. it wasn't pretty..

I was doing sets of 8 with 65lbs at my peak, lol.

CleverName
07-21-2008, 05:49 PM
OP, you have NO shrug at all and you wung the power snatch out by good fit. YOu have traps, USE THEM and keep the bar close to you.

Snatching is still pretty difficult for me, but I'll try to do those both. I thought I had made a point in my head to always shrug but maybe it just didn't come out on that lift. Thanks! :clown:

Thanks for the other comments folks; glad you enjoyed! :D Expect more videos, I do like recording. ;)