PDA

View Full Version : I have a very weird metabolism/ body

yankeekd25
07-18-2008, 06:07 PM
So I was clean bulking for a little, put on some mass, and some fat. Was eating around 3000 cals. I decided I wanted to cut, so this week I cut the cals down, and I feel like I already lost w/e muscle I added. My arms and chest got really soft within a week. I stepped on the scale and I actually GAINED weight. I just don't understand how this is possible? I added about 15-20 and was pretty satisfied. I thought a cut would do me good, but it's only confusing me about my body. Any explanations?

190lbDumbell
07-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Just out of curiosity, were you keeping rigorously up with your protein intake, and keeping up with your workout? Making sure you maintain your blood protein levels is (as I understand it) particularly important when you're cutting, because if your body can't get it from there, it will start taking it from the precious muscle mass you just sweated your balls off to get.

yankeekd25
07-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, were you keeping rigorously up with your protein intake, and keeping up with your workout? Making sure you maintain your blood protein levels is (as I understand it) particularly important when you're cutting, because if your body can't get it from there, it will start taking it from the precious muscle mass you just sweated your balls off to get.

I track everything on fitday. I basically eat the same thing everyday. 2200 cals, at least 200 grams of protein, about 90 grams of fat, the rest carbs- usually about 130-150 grams. Mind you I only started cutting a week ago, and I already lost some mass. My workout hasn't changed at all.