PDA

View Full Version : Speed Bench Video

Erik 23
07-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I told Travis Bell id post some of my speed bench this is from the other day its 315 straight weight i dont know how to combine all the videos into one cause there were more sets i did 9 sets of 3 this is one of the sets like the very first one so didnt go as fast as i could of. i benched this down to a piece of foam under my shirt it helps my shoulder when i bench.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BOev3GFOLQ

Travis Bell
07-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Not locked out bud. Take a look at Vin's video and then compare it to yours. I'm not saying its slow, but its a little difficult to tell with the foam. Maybe post one of the videos of the faster sets if you feel that wasn't one of your faster ones

Erik 23
07-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Okay ill have to take another Video next week i thought i had atleast 2 sets but it looked like my camera messed up on the 2nd video.But i hoped the speed looked okay atleast though?

chris mason
07-18-2008, 10:15 PM
The speed is good, but why the foam?

Erik 23
07-18-2008, 10:23 PM
The speed is good, but why the foam?
Thank you Chris.
Oh the foam helps so you dont bounce the weight and it is a lot better on my shoulders i always bench down to either the foam or the 1 board cause i sometimes get a bad strain between my pec muscle and my arm right in the joint. so when i bench to the foam i never really get the pain

douglasoh5
07-18-2008, 10:48 PM
try carpet for your speed benchin.

Eric Downey
07-19-2008, 12:20 AM
You look to be kinda flat. Tucked elbows and a flat back = hurt shoulders b/c of the over rotation they have to go to get the weight down. Try putting the form under your back for a bigger arch

Erik 23
07-19-2008, 06:29 AM
You look to be kinda flat. Tucked elbows and a flat back = hurt shoulders b/c of the over rotation they have to go to get the weight down. Try putting the form under your back for a bigger arch Thanks for the tip I dont know why but i have a hard time arching ill give this a try though.

try carpet for your speed benchin.

You mean Floor Press?

bigmoney
07-19-2008, 08:59 AM
carpet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6TD1hOHIrw

Travis Bell
07-19-2008, 09:00 AM
no he means an actual piece or small roll of carpet instead of the foam. The foam will give you a false sense of speed

Lou would tell you though it doesn't matter how fast you are if you don't lock it out though. I know because he's preached the same thing to me when I started doing speed work

Erik 23
07-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Okay whats the difference with the carpet? you cant really bounce on either one. the bar just kind of sinks in the foam and pauses on your chest then you press it back up ill tape another one for you Travis ive been making sure i locked out my Max effort work i just threw the weight up on that video didnt pay too much attention on form ill post another one up next week for you.Did super training start the carpet presses i never seen them intil i seen that video and do they mostly use them for speed or maxeffort also?

Travis Bell
07-19-2008, 11:36 AM
You have to take the DE work as seriously as you do ME work otherwise the DE work loses alot of its benefit. That means lock that stuff out and stay tight during the press.

I have no idea who came up with the carpet. Lou has been using it for a long time because of some collar bone problems. The carpet will slow down the bar when it hits your chest without springing up

vdizenzo
07-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Lockout your reps. This is what speed bench full reps should look like.

sYlOziRuZks