PDA

View Full Version : Gear questions

Ripe1
07-19-2008, 05:31 AM
Hello everyone. I was wondering about suits and shirts. If you can put them on by yourself are they any useful? I suppose the tougher they are to put on the better they are. More support and more weight moved. But is it always really like that?

Also, when buying used gear what should one ask? Obviously how many times and how often they've been used but what else?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
07-19-2008, 05:49 AM
Hello everyone. I was wondering about suits and shirts. If you can put them on by yourself are they any useful? I suppose the tougher they are to put on the better they are. More support and more weight moved. But is it always really like that?

Also, when buying used gear what should one ask? Obviously how many times and how often they've been used but what else?

If you can get a bp shirt on by yourself, then it's way, way too loose. A shirt like this will defeat the purpose of using a bp shirt.

When buying a used gear:
1. age of equipment
2. Any marks
3. how was the equipment cleaned.

Inzer has a bargain rack for equipment: http://www.inzernet.com/bargain_browse.asp

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Ryano
07-19-2008, 09:31 AM
I have a single ply Titan F6 I can get on myself and get about 150 lbs carryover with it. (That's a guess, since I don't know my raw max). If you want a shirt just for shoulder support during training, a loose one is good enough. If you want it for a competition and max carryover, get a tighter one. Be careful buying used gear unless you know the person that had it. It may be already stretched out and possibly repaired. As for questions to ask before buying, any decent dealer will help you. Ken Anderson from Titan has customer service second to none.

Ripe1
07-20-2008, 04:27 AM
Thanks guys. All I know is that my shoulders are shot so some support from the shirt would be nice. You just never see anyone put the shirt on by themselves, it's always at least 1 guy helping usually 2. And with the used gear, like everything else used, you'll never really know what you get? Ryano, the ones I've been contemplating are both Titan F6's so perhaps...