PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift PR

Viking_Power
07-19-2008, 06:16 PM
I set a new deadlift PR today of 400lbs. It was the first time I have ever maxed out deadlifting, and I actully think I could have done more. Ohh well, next time. I just want to know what you guys think of my form, and what I should work on. Is my form good enough to try more weight next time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeXCtYb0x6s

Ben Moore
07-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Rounded a bit from the start.

Viking_Power
07-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Do you think that it is rounded enough that it could cause an injury? I will probably avoid trying more weight for the time being if that is the case.

Ben Moore
07-19-2008, 06:30 PM
I think it's a form issue. You're pulling the weight up instead of back and your hips are shooting up. Think about head through traps as you pull.

Viking_Power
07-20-2008, 02:13 AM
I think it's a form issue. You're pulling the weight up instead of back and your hips are shooting up. Think about head through traps as you pull.

Okay, I'll give that a shot. I need to somehow get the weight started up before my hips come up so much. Not really sure how to do that.

deeder
07-20-2008, 02:26 AM
Pull back. You need to keep your shoulders back and back arched the whole time. Before the weight even leaves the floor your back rounds pretty badly.

HP666
07-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Pull back. You need to keep your shoulders back and back arched the whole time. Before the weight even leaves the floor your back rounds pretty badly.

Agreed. Keep that back arched and ass down. Your hips were moving up before your head. Keep that back arched hard and think of your head moving, going up, and everything else following.

Viking_Power
07-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Alright, thanks for the advice.